Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
20 Aug 2015, 13:48 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:25 AMKatitof

Because brits don't have soviet sniper and ost sniper goes back to camo faster then sov sniper can aim and take a shot :snfBarton:

Thats why I ended with :snfCHVGame: ...
20 Aug 2015, 13:50 PM

When I obs games, I rarely see, outside of aimstrong and sib, top players consistently using the ostheer sniper. Not saying others don't, I don't watch heaps of games. It will be interesting to see during op Charlie how many actually incorporate the sniper into their strats. In past tournaments, ost play was all about the grens, supporting mg42, half track and pak play. I'd be willing to bet many will be also using the call in command tank, in place of the old wait for a tiger call in.

I think the ost sniper, like most t1-t3 ost units is in a good place, bar some minor tweaks perhaps to the Lmg and sniper durability. The last thing i'd want to see, is big changes to the best designed faction in the game, which actually has combined arms, just because other factions aren't in such a good place design wise.

Ps. Theoretically speaking of course, the wasp upgrade on the Bren carrier was a good counter to ost sniper pay, because a sniper delays ostheer t2 and the wasp was like an m3 flamer clown car on roids. Faust grens- burn baby, burn! Of course because of nda, that is a theoretical piece of daydreaming I just posted, and gives away nothing that may have worked in alpha..
20 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

1) make the Ost sniper have the RA of Conscripts

2) rate of fire gets multiplied by a negative or positive factor depending on what he's firing at

3) make soviet sniper identical to Ost sniper
20 Aug 2015, 15:23 PM
Donator 11

I wonder why anyone before used the well known "L2P or "adapt" arguments to settle this.
Remember all the threads on how to handle the buffed MG42? Well nothing happend and the posts disappeared because strats developed around it.

Let's freeze this thread until mid-September and then discuss again on the base of replays how the OST sniper performs vs brits AND the other allied faction :banana:

That's my opinion. Maybe I'm :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 15:44 PM
Benefactor 392

In honesty the Ostheer sniper should have a slight health reduction, AND the rate of fire slightly lower.

It's usually fine to deal with otherwise, but it should stay a potent unit.
20 Aug 2015, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:42 AMKatitof

IS costs 280 - check.
Reinforce costs 35 - check.
4 men squad - check.
Counters no sooner then T2 - check.

I'm not sure that T3 performance, emplacements and doctrinal functionality changes will have much effect on brits being Ost bitch in early game. :foreveralone:

And thats why the brits have the vickers and the wasp. its to fucking early to determine if the brits are to vulnerable to snipers.
20 Aug 2015, 16:28 PM

Does a flank with Royal Engineers kill the sniper? I never played as Brits.
20 Aug 2015, 16:39 PM

Does a flank with Royal Engineers kill the sniper? I never played as Brits.

I think Royal Engineer is just RE, maybe a different RE, maybe a better RE, but still a RE :foreveralone:

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 15:51 PMZyllen

And thats why the brits have the vickers and the wasp. its to fucking early to determine if the brits are to vulnerable to snipers.

Too early... ?

Tommies reinforcing time and cost are high akready, getting bambambam per 3 seconds without any counter.

Too early, OKAY. :)

Note that the AEC AC can't kill that sniper because Lelic.
20 Aug 2015, 16:48 PM

It is hard to know if the Ost sniper is broken or even how to fix it until Brits drop.

I would suggest to Relic to get ready to do a quick patch after Brit launch to tame the sniper though if they haven't dealt with it by now.
20 Aug 2015, 17:06 PM

I use the OH sniper all the time (even though it does not work so well drunk), and at present its too potent against USF. About every decent player I know agrees that it needs received accuracy to be somewhat less resilient to smallarms.
The 82 HP itself are fine though, a 360 mp investment dying to some bullshit RNG mortar hit is obscene.
20 Aug 2015, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 15:51 PMZyllen

HMGs are not counters for snipers.
Its the other way around.

Wasp is also quite useless against snipers because of its mechanics and especially new crits, its also locked behind tier.
Some people would say bren, I say faust.

There was nothing during brit presentation that would make me not worry greatly about ost not stomping brits effortlessly with a single T1 unit supported by pair of grens.
20 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM

The Vickers has just as much range as a sniper does when garrisoned in a trench or building fyi, it was a very reliable way of shutting down snipers in the Alpha, especially with how much insanely high DPS the Vickers did.

Also lol at getting your long range flamer - long range LMG Bren carrier fausted, jfc.
20 Aug 2015, 17:20 PM

OH sniper even with his huge ROF is actually not really cost-effective vs Soviet heavy T2 play maxims which you sometimes see today. 6 man crews and what, 15 (?) reinforcement will do that to you.
20 Aug 2015, 17:32 PM

The British squads can be upgraded to 5 man at tier 0.
20 Aug 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 17:32 PMdbmb
The British squads can be upgraded to 5 man at tier 0.

And they still cost 280 and reinforce for 35 while delaying tiering and potential counters that actually work.

Next.
20 Aug 2015, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 17:37 PMKatitof

And they still cost 280 and reinforce for 35 while delaying tiering and potential counters that actually work.

Next.

God help us if there isn't a faction entirely based around spamming 1 basic unit. As Brits it's perfectly viable to go for a MG as your first unit (like Ost). Stick it in a building and there will be fuckall that sniper can do to you.

Also again, put an LMG on your Bren carrier.
20 Aug 2015, 17:49 PM
Patrion 14

My dilemma is basically this guys: Why is it OK for the ostheer sniper to inflict a higher bleed than the Soviet sniper, when both shoot at 4-6 man squads and cost the same.

People say that not every unit is viable against all factions. (I would agree citing the usf LT tier, soviet sniper, 222, etc.). So why should the Ostheer sniper retain usability vs. 6 man squads while the soviet sniper is really only good for 4? Shouldn't having 6 models make you more resilient to snipers?

If the reasoning is that the ostheer sniper should be good vs. All factions, then shouldn't that logic lead directly to a ROF buff for the soviet sniper so it can fight okw large squads more easily?
20 Aug 2015, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned
My dilemma is basically this guys: Why is it OK for the ostheer sniper to inflict a higher bleed than the Soviet sniper, when both shoot at 4-6 man squads and cost the same.

Its axis

The Vickers has just as much range as a sniper does when garrisoned in a trench or building fyi, it was a very reliable way of shutting down snipers in the Alpha, especially with how much insanely high DPS the Vickers did.

Mg to counter a sniper? Link me a contact to your supplier.

20 Aug 2015, 17:55 PM

God help us if there isn't a faction entirely based around spamming 1 basic unit. As Brits it's perfectly viable to go for a MG as your first unit (like Ost). Stick it in a building and there will be fuckall that sniper can do to you.

Also again, put an LMG on your Bren carrier.

Dude, a normal, awake player would not lose a sniper, to a HMG.
20 Aug 2015, 18:05 PM

I agree its ROF should be toned down a little bit.

Also, give the Soviet sniper a useful vet 1 ability. Flares are nothing special and aren't that great since mortars now can get them.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
unknown 15
United States 4
unknown 1
United Kingdom 250
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias