Login

russian armor

USF ambulance ability always on in HQ suggestion.

19 Aug 2015, 21:54 PM
Patrion 14

I'm not one of the greatest coh2 players around who can use the ambulance to its maximum efficiency of remembering every 30 seconds when its medikit ability is recharged and heal my guys back at the base. So this is just an nitpick to reduce the micro-intensiveness of the USF compared to the other factions. Which is having the medikit ability always be active when its in the HQ.

If people find that too OP; why not make the medics that are in the ambulance not be grouped together with combat squads. I would like them to simply sit in my base and heal guys who go in and out while retreating and reinforcing. Not having them accidentally selected when I drag a box to move my units out of my base. Its probably meaningless to those who can click efficiently, make control groups, and are always looking at the tactical map and their ambulance when they have a moments respite. But I'm saying this for people who have problems with how much micro you already have to do with all of the other parts of USF's 'assymetric' playstyle.
19 Aug 2015, 22:22 PM

Permanently Banned
+1
19 Aug 2015, 22:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I hate having to constantly tap the healing button, as much as the 1s delay you have in order to be able to give up the order to vehicle crews to get in after they bail out.

I made a similar thread on the past few days. This is one of those micro taxes on USF which doesn't provide any meaningful gameplay element.
19 Aug 2015, 22:29 PM

You should be able to "hull down" you Ambulance like an OKW truck giving it more HP/DR and the medics just hop out and go around healing.
19 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM
Patrion 27

You should be able to "hull down" you Ambulance like an OKW truck giving it more HP/DR and the medics just hop out and go around healing.

That makes sense. When "hulled down" medics will automatically step out of the ambulance and heal? I like it.
19 Aug 2015, 22:54 PM

I agree, and I've made a thread about this before too.
20 Aug 2015, 03:13 AM
Patrion 28

the part i find most annoying is trying to time the damn heal to get all squads. i always end up with a big group of guys standing around. i get that that's the disadvantage of the aoe heal though.
20 Aug 2015, 15:21 PM

Fuuck yesss +1
20 Aug 2015, 15:25 PM

Waiting for the 'L2Micro' comments, but in the meanwhile I+1 your post.
There is absolutely nothing awesome about pressing the healing button.
20 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

Hull down would be great! Why not combine it with a higher healing range / shorter cooldown (20s)?
20 Aug 2015, 15:39 PM
Benefactor 392

I think all triage should be buffed, well... aside from OKW which theirs is fine

The sov has a 270 mp upgrade which is fine, however I think it should be quit a bit cheaper myself.

Ostheer however is probably the worst in this sense because you have to spend both manpower and munitions, and honestly It is nothing but a pain in the ass, I wish it'd be an HQ upgrade like the sovs, I mean it's fine if you want to dig in somewhere but you don't see people doing that at all.
I get why it's set up that way but honestly not many players use it.

americans, I think the ambulance should be far cheaper then it currently is, also it should staticly heal a squad one at a time as all the other factions and use the skill button to heal the everything, (wait medics do this already don't they... well maybe if medics are in the truck sure that is a good idea)
20 Aug 2015, 15:42 PM

+1

Whole reason its not active constantly is to prevent players from just rolling around an AOE heal everywhere. If you limit it to base that's not an issue.

Hull down would be cool too if it worked like the Opel Blitz trucks so there was some risk to doing that in the field due to the pack up time if a tank rolls up.
20 Aug 2015, 15:54 PM
Donator 11

20 Aug 2015, 19:12 PM

+1

Once again, USF has to micro the crap out of something that is automated with the other factions.
20 Aug 2015, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 19:12 PMGhostTX
+1

Once again, USF has to micro the crap out of something that is automated with the other factions.

Why not simply seeing at as a challenge?
20 Aug 2015, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 19:15 PMQbix

Why not simply seeing at as a challenge?

Really? You're going with that? :rolleyes:

There's plenty enough challenges micro'ing USF that you don't need as something as mundane as healing to micro, too. Especially, as said, when the other factions DON'T have to micro to do it.
20 Aug 2015, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 19:32 PMGhostTX

Really? You're going with that? :rolleyes:

There's plenty enough challenges micro'ing USF that you don't need as something as mundane as healing to micro, too. Especially, as said, when the other factions DON'T have to micro to do it.

Which is why bad players wont play USF successfully. Why not take pride in being good with USF? :P
20 Aug 2015, 19:59 PM

All factions should require macro like the USF does with vehicle crews, wambulance, and supervise.

The Soviet faction should get something like injects.
20 Aug 2015, 20:02 PM

Please, no hull down bullshit, make the ability always on on the base sector and how it is outside it.
20 Aug 2015, 20:27 PM

As far as i understand only usf distributing heals all units in range simultaneously, while other factions' heal do it by models. So, advantage is: heal everybody at once, disadvantage - no auto heal. My point is - deal with it, it's calling a balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★