Login

russian armor

[2v2] Fighting SU76s

19 Aug 2015, 09:06 AM
Donator 11

Hey lads!

Since last patch soviet T3 has become a giant factory of weapons which destroy things with an iron cross on it. I'm playing 2v2 as mixed axis and we're having some trouble fighting the SU76-wall around mid-late game.

Not only do those buggers pop tanks like balloons, but they also barrage any fortified position into the stone age in a matter of seconds.

How do you guys play against 3 SU76s as mixed axis in 2v2? Any inspiration highly apreciated.

cheers.
19 Aug 2015, 09:11 AM

Pumas do well against T3 builds.
19 Aug 2015, 09:12 AM

volksblobs work wonders for OKW - can easily dodge arty if you're good with it. Pgrens would do the same as well.

The SU76's AT capability is great, so very hard to counter that way. The best way to stop them is to dodge their arty (which is fairly inaccurate at range) and use infantry while they are on cooldown.
19 Aug 2015, 10:15 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 09:11 AMKatitof
Pumas do well against T3 builds.

Seriously? I can see that in a 1v1s, but in 2s? How do you even... like with max distance or what?

Is there a replay/gamecast around showing off the puma madness it has to be?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 09:12 AMSpin
volksblobs work wonders for OKW - can easily dodge arty if you're good with it. Pgrens would do the same as well.

The SU76's AT capability is great, so very hard to counter that way. The best way to stop them is to dodge their arty (which is fairly inaccurate at range) and use infantry while they are on cooldown.

Yeah, Volks were our route too. Difficult though since he can just drive away with a decent "goodbye motherf***er" in russian...

19 Aug 2015, 10:55 AM

Use a Puma on the OKW player, and basically work on flanking and hunting down the SU76's before theres too many of them. If you get past this stage and theres like 3-4 of them you'll prob need to use a panther.

The Ostheer player needs to keep his paks spread out and use a halftrack to keep them crewed. Wont kill the SU76''s but at least you'll hold the ground until you can get something bigger.

Stugs can also be effective if used properly vs them (dont engage multiple SU76's with 1 stug tho).

Another tactic could be to have 3 Raketenwerfers stealthed, do a false fall-back so he moves them into range.

Regal mines 1 shot SU76's too... something else to keep in mind.
19 Aug 2015, 11:00 AM
Donator 11

Try and plant tellers when you gain some control, on maps like Minsk it's pretty easy to determin where they'll drive. Two camo raketens work well too.
19 Aug 2015, 11:36 AM

Hey lads!

Since last patch soviet T3 has become a giant factory of weapons which destroy things with an iron cross on it. I'm playing 2v2 as mixed axis and we're having some trouble fighting the SU76-wall around mid-late game.

Not only do those buggers pop tanks like balloons, but they also barrage any fortified position into the stone age in a matter of seconds.

How do you guys play against 3 SU76s as mixed axis in 2v2? Any inspiration highly apreciated.

cheers.

k how you beat 3-6 SU-76s?
hmm lets see.....
as Oberkommando West you have T0 AT guns,called "Raketenwerfer"they cost 270mp and can have camo and can be placed within buildings,having 1 reketenwerfer for each su-76 will result in their total destruction without spending more resources then them to beat them.
as Oberkommando West you can also field a "Jagdpanzer IV" alone it can destroy 3 su-76 very reliably,its range,accuracy,durability and its self camo make it a very dangerous unit to face.
as Oberkommando West you also field pumas to deal with the SU-76s,pumas are very good against SU-76s and can destroy one by just flanking them(against 3 su-76s you will need 1-2 pumas and atleast 1 AT gun)
as Oberkommando West you can also use panzershreacks against those Su-76s,they are the easiest option against them and one of the most successful

as wehrmacht you can field Pak40s,they are very deadly against any tank and 2 paks destroy 4 Su-76s very reliably.
as wehrmacht you can aslo field panzergrenadiers with panzershreacks,they can destroy an su-76s very fast(when facing 3-4 su-76s use 1 pak40 with a panzergrenadier squad that has panzershreacks)
as wehrmacht you can also use Stugs to deal with Su-76s
as wehrmacht you an also use a panther along with an AT gun to destroy them

mines also help

but remember that the soviet player spend alot on those SU-76s and might not have other tank units to fulfil other roles or the resources to tech to T4.
19 Aug 2015, 11:48 AM
Donator 11

Jagdpanzer, Stug 3 Spam, Paks, Püppchen, mines

later Ele (Tiger is a little bit weak against sus)

imo Su-76s are not that hard to deal with...
19 Aug 2015, 22:49 PM

A lot of the ideas most of you guys are mentioning in fighting SU-76, save the Jagdpanzer 4, are more or less defensive options against the SU-76, which is kinda useless because who wouldn't fight with the SU-76 behind their lines?

Unless if they were silly or confident enough to push with them.
19 Aug 2015, 23:24 PM

StuG III spam in my experience isn't really a counter. It's sort of like spamming Grenadiers to fight Riflespam. Not saying it doesn't work, but I would hesitate to call it a counter.

Elefant and Jagdtiger are the only two units that really say "hard counter" to me.
19 Aug 2015, 23:43 PM
Patrion 39

StuG III spam in my experience isn't really a counter. It's sort of like spamming Grenadiers to fight Riflespam. Not saying it doesn't work, but I would hesitate to call it a counter.

Elefant and Jagdtiger are the only two units that really say "hard counter" to me.

Yep, this. Maybe a JP4 also. Your only other hope is to destroy them as they come before they hit critical mass. Even a PAK wall will get rekt by mass barrage or any kind of artillery.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★