Login

russian armor

Faction comparison by Relic

PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2015, 21:44 PM

Relic as usual also displaying their rather interesting attitude to the English language... Some of the phrasing annoys the hell out of me.
17 Aug 2015, 21:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

appearances can sometimes be deceiving...

Oh, so there's more to the shields than just looks?
Please enlighten me :)
17 Aug 2015, 21:45 PM

It's great to hear from the developers what their intent and design goals are for each army. Re-assessing each army with the new expansion is excellent - can't wait to what, if anything, has changed since alpha.

I believe this is the first time Relic has officially posted their intentions with each faction.
17 Aug 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 21:45 PMNapalm

I believe this is the first time Relic has officially posted their intentions with each faction.

Yeah I think you're right, aside from the army statements we got during WFA development.
17 Aug 2015, 21:49 PM

I always love being reminded of how much my USF faction sucks dick compared to every other faction.
17 Aug 2015, 21:55 PM

Ok let me propose a question to everyone here. Anyone who has played the game knows that the faction comparison is well, off (by a lot in some areas). But, would everyone be ok if the factions played like the comparison stated they did. I mean i would. On paper that is a great roster of factions to play.

Thoughts? In my personal opinion i would like to see all future balance changes made to reflect this faction comparison.
17 Aug 2015, 21:59 PM

Ok let me propose a question to everyone here. Anyone who has played the game knows that the faction comparison is well, off (by a lot in some areas). But, would everyone be ok if the factions played like the comparison stated they did. I mean i would. On paper that is a great roster of factions to play.

Thoughts? In my personal opinion i would like to see all future balance changes made to reflect this faction comparison.

No faction should have a point in the game were it's better than other factions.
17 Aug 2015, 22:00 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW aggressive?

USF variety?

Relic Is on some world class acid.

17 Aug 2015, 22:05 PM

No faction should have a point in the game were it's better than other factions.

Wrong game for you then as its always been like this since release. :/

That wont change, either. Its Relic's perception of WW2, after all.
17 Aug 2015, 22:12 PM

Wrong game for you then as its always been like this since release. :/

That wont change, either. Its Relic's perception of WW2, after all.

The late game and early game advantages enjoyed by the various factions is a lot less pronounced than it used to be. I don't want a total elimination of the differences between factions; but every faction should have access to powerful options at all stages of the game.
17 Aug 2015, 22:19 PM

im more of a 2v2 player than a 1v1 player.
You are also probably a better player then me. I have no doubt you have the micro to take down heavies with AT guns alone. Most players I see at my level (Intermediate, I'm not that bad) do not. 470-480 mp and 50-60 fuel is a lot of investment for a single AT gun or MG. And really isn't worth it when you can access armor units that will do the job better. That's why people like airborne so much.
17 Aug 2015, 22:20 PM

I chuckled when I read the list. A lot of these descriptions are half-true. You can see why Relic put them there. I can definitely see the idea there, but things tend to work very differently in practice. Plus, with the older factions, I feel like the original design goals no longer accurately describe the factions after years of balance patches.

Still, I'd love to just see a parody of this for the lolz.

"US forces. Specializes in blobbing riflemen into Jacksons."
"Wehrmacht is great at camping with machine guns and PaK walls. Also, LMG grens and turbo mortars that work better than the 120mm."
"Soviets can cheese you really early with flamer scout cars. If that doesn't work, try spamming maxims and waiting for call-ins."
"OKW reforms wounded men and old guys and expects them to fight better than anyone else, and they do because schreks and 5 stars of veterancy."
"The British: an Allied faction Axis players will love. We can't say any more because of the NDA."
nee
17 Aug 2015, 22:22 PM

another one of those hype threads where in-game situations are compared by a massively white-washed general summary.
17 Aug 2015, 22:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I trust Relic guys :D.
17 Aug 2015, 22:34 PM

Holy sh... I can't I can't even look at that abomination WutFace
17 Aug 2015, 22:56 PM

Maybe Relic are going to implement the increase manpower cost per veterancy OKW was originally going to have? Believe it was a talked about during a stream but OKW would get five levels of veternancy however as they rank up they get a small increase of reinforcement. I.e. Volksgrenadiers were going to be 28 by Vet 5. I quite liked it as it meant you had to be careful during late game or bleed crazily. Obers and Sturmpios (when they were 42) were less affected by it considering their high reinforcement already.
17 Aug 2015, 23:00 PM

There's a disconnect between how they wanted the factions to be and how they turned out. As Sun Tzu said, "No faction statement survives first contact with the meta".
17 Aug 2015, 23:05 PM

Maybe Relic are going to implement the increase manpower cost per veterancy OKW was originally going to have? Believe it was a talked about during a stream but OKW would get five levels of veternancy however as they rank up they get a small increase of reinforcement. I.e. Volksgrenadiers were going to be 28 by Vet 5. I quite liked it as it meant you had to be careful during late game or bleed crazily. Obers and Sturmpios (when they were 42) were less affected by it considering their high reinforcement already.

This could work if OKW early game got buffed. What are the NDA Kubel changes?
17 Aug 2015, 23:06 PM

Yes they should. It's what Relic refers to as asymmetric balance. It's what already set vCoH apart from World in Conflict. The only way to achieve perfect balance would be to give every faction the exact same units with a different paint job. Well, then the maps would be more in everyone's focus, prolly.

What you are stating is basically against everything CoH always was and always should be. Maybe this is the wrong multiplayer game for you.
17 Aug 2015, 23:07 PM

Oh, so there's more to the shields than just looks?
Please enlighten me :)

if you are an alpha tester of the brits than you prolly saw them in action and they are GOOD. then there's the USF their emblem looks cool but most of their units are complete shit save for a few. looks aren't always everything
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak