Login

russian armor

More durability for light tanks

18 Aug 2015, 15:13 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with HP pool of light tanks. They either got higher HP count or different kind of way to get out when things are too hot.
Increasing their survivability will result in these units over performing as they are designed to be high risk - high reward units.
18 Aug 2015, 17:40 PM

What I'm curious about is why you originally decided to bring up the supposed support of these truly elite players have for your position when you can't actually cite any. The closest thing to evidence you've offered is Aimstrong's point, but increasing reload on PAKs is different from giving light tanks more HP (making PAKs reload slower also reduces their effectiveness versus mediums, for instance, and is also a change specific to just that AT gun, not AT guns in general).

1) Aimstrong didn't just message me to say "Paks were changed because they 2 shotted M8s" we had a 5 minute conversation, and it was obvious we were on the same page about this thread.

2) There have been several videos from some of the best fps players like Levelcapgaming, Jackfrags, and one of the best analytical cod players Ozerec that discuss how they disliked the faster ttk in certain games because it discouraged more player movement. Tychocelchuu (literally one of the first to start shoutcasting coh a long long time ago) has also talked about it related specifically to coh in his vids before, and everything he says is in alignment with what the highly competitive players want, he's never subjectively bitching about personal l2p problems. Now I've given two coh specific sources, in addition to the competitive gaming community at large backing more survivability to facilitate more movement. Couldn't give less of a shit if you find some top 50 ladder player that disagrees.

18 Aug 2015, 18:29 PM

get 2

such creativity
18 Aug 2015, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

2) There have been several videos from "elite" fps players like Levelcapgaming, Jackfrags, and one of the best analytical cod players Ozerec that discuss how they disliked the faster ttk in certain games because it discouraged more player movement.

Youtuber =/= Elite
I don't know Ozerec, but LCG is a clown. His credibility is really low. I could accept you a "xRivalFactor" even if he got own by real "elite" players during tournaments (BF3 scene at least).

--------------------

The thing is, when we had the old tech system, i would had been in favour of having 340/400HP T70 (specially when we had T34 on the same tier)
Right now timing, cost and firepower had to been reworked in order to increase it's health on a unit which is on a fine state. (Yeah, i know you mention this. To me it sounds you don't want to use the tools at your disposal)

Compare it with the Stuart. I wouldn't get a T70 if it had firepower equal to this unit, cause the USF is meant to tackle other light vehicles and help dealing with mediums if supported. The T70 is designed as a "sniper on wheels", that's the reason it also has recon mode + veterancy which further boost this and repair crew on top to help with survivability. The only change i'll like seeing is increasing repair crew HP regen by 20 (so it completely heals after a faust). That's it.

22 Aug 2015, 17:28 PM

I've definitely killed them with 2 shots before. Definitely killed Scotts w/ 2 shots before as well.

Were the raketens vet and in camo? IIRC they get a camo damage bonus with vet
22 Aug 2015, 17:49 PM
Patrion 14

2) There have been several videos from some of the best fps players like Levelcapgaming, Jackfrags, and one of the best analytical cod players Ozerec that discuss how they disliked the faster ttk in certain games because it discouraged more player movement. Tychocelchuu (literally one of the first to start shoutcasting coh a long long time ago) has also talked about it related specifically to coh in his vids before, and everything he says is in alignment with what the highly competitive players want, he's never subjectively bitching about personal l2p problems. Now I've given two coh specific sources, in addition to the competitive gaming community at large backing more survivability to facilitate more movement. Couldn't give less of a shit if you find some top 50 ladder player that disagrees.

i think this is a good point.

when i saw SNF 4, it looked like vehicles were harder to kill but their lethality against all targets were less.

in coh2, lethalities of vehicles like t70 and p2 are crazy but they die pretty easily.

i would not mind the balance between lethality and survivability gets some what reverted to what it was like in coh1.

worth testing at least.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS