Login

russian armor

Ost Heer Bunker BUGGED for troops/MG

14 Aug 2015, 14:34 PM

While playing I noticed that before upgrading (or after even) a OH bunker, if you put a unit into it for the bonus cover, that unit will not fire OUT of the bunker until an enemy is well within sight range and even VERY close, like 5-7 meters away close, regardless of unit type. I sandboxed this with a friend and whether it was a MG, gren, or even sniper the same held true. Due to design, they cannot see out of the bunker to shoot as if the rifles were at their feet and the LOW bunker wall, that is meant to provide cover WHILE YOU SHOOT, is in the freakin way!!!!

Now you are probably wondering how the upgraded MG bunker can shoot out and the garrisoned troops cannot. Well......... ask Relic........ and I'll bet they don't even know. $20 bucks says so. Or if they do, why is it that way in game???

YES! We tried putting the bunker at the bottom of the hill in front of the VP in the field on Angoville. NO!!!! The garrisoned grens, MG42, and sniper COULD NOT see the guys above them on the hill....well, they could see them, but they couldn't shoot at them.
OR
Maybe the bunker provided the sight range BUT the poor garrisoned troops can't see out of the bunker. Those 2 2x4 support beams look awfully thin from the outside, BUT inside... WELLL!! that's a different story I bet!!!!

Go try it out and it will make you as sad as I am. I was wondering why my MGs in game that were getting chewed up wouldn't shoot at all the bad guys shooting them when I tried to garrisoned for protection.... now I know.

I sure hope this isn't a 'feature'.....

Oh yeah, we tried the same with the Osttruppen Trench and they could shoot out at full range. Troops and snipers will shoot 360 degrees and MG,s one side or the other but not towards the entry ramps. just fyi Which is odd. You can see more of the infantry models inside the bunker abd barely see through the camo net of the trench to see the models. Odd huh?
14 Aug 2015, 14:38 PM

hmm did you guys have reply of the test or video for it, I want to see it. also want know if it is same for OKW. I haven't put troops in bunker in ages.
14 Aug 2015, 14:40 PM

Yeah. I have noticed that too a long time ago. Had a bunker but no MG upgrade yet so I figured I would put troops in to delay the enemies advance. My troops would just sit in the bunker and not return fire. I don't think it has anything to do with the sandbags of the bunker being in the way, as small arms fire doesn't mind shooting through walls (the average green cover stone wall is actually higher than where the units hold their guns, and you can see the bullets bounce off of the wall right in front of them but they will still do damage to their targets). The garrison of the bunker is just messed up and does not work.
15 Aug 2015, 02:17 AM
Patrion 28

i don't see how the model of the bunker can possibly have any effect on the firing but i'm not sure what causes that. pathing, smallarms, and vision in this game is done by boxes and isn't very complicated. ballistics is more complicated but only applies to infantry rockets.
15 Aug 2015, 03:56 AM

It's a shame, really. I haven't noticed any issues when sticking raketenwerfers into OKW bunkers, but then again those are different entities.

Not that many people ever remember that upgraded bunkers can still garrison a unit, mind you, but it's still nice for popping a schrek'd pgren during an armour push or the like.
15 Aug 2015, 05:25 AM

Didn't think to check the OKW Bunker, but Ostheer Bunkers are definitely bugged. Oddly enough, only default bunkers are effected, upgrading them to any type will fix them.
15 Aug 2015, 06:40 AM
Patrion 28

do they still allow you to reinforce when enemy units are not in the territory? i haven't seen that bug in a while but i also haven't used bunkers in a while.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment