Login

russian armor

The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
14 Aug 2015, 04:01 AM

Permanently Banned

It has worse armor than the basic OKW PIV. (220) The lowest armor of any heavy tank in the game.

Nice cherry picking. Im not wasting my time with you.
14 Aug 2015, 04:29 AM

Nice cherry picking. Im not wasting my time with you.

What, you just said it needed an armor reduction. It already has poor armor for something as slow and unmaneuverable as it is.

1 LeiG counters blobs easily, last week Ive come up against duel LeiG's and jesus christ that just shuts down anything.

The only way 1 LeiG can counter a blob is if you literally stack all your units on top of each other. It has a pathetic AoE.
14 Aug 2015, 04:34 AM
Donator 11

Can someone explain why this unit is a problem now when it wasn't beforehand? (Even though it was buffed slightly it wasn't that buffed?)

Did it become a call in and suddenly people just wanted everything to do with it?
14 Aug 2015, 04:36 AM

Can someone explain why this unit is a problem now when it wasn't beforehand? (Even though it was buffed slightly it wasn't that buffed?)

Did it become a call in and suddenly people just wanted everything to do with it?

When ever a unit is changed it see's an uptick in use. Also previously it had very mediocre penetration and AoE at far meaning it could fail to kill tanks and even infantry caught in the shell explosion zone.
14 Aug 2015, 04:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Because before the shell would explode if it would hit twigs,and its aoe was much worse. especially vs vehicles.

now it vaporizes everything that grazes the AOE and can shoot through any shotblocker,with +5 range on top of that so you can shoot from where most units cant react if you have spotters
14 Aug 2015, 04:42 AM
Donator 11

Because before the shell would explode if it would hit twigs,and its aoe was much worse. especially vs vehicles.

now it vaporizes everything that grazes the AOE and can shoot through any shotblocker,with +5 range on top of that so you can shoot from where most units cant react if you have spotters

I didn't realize the shot blockers was a new thing. And I do remember the shell never quite hitting its target beforehand.

Makes sense.
14 Aug 2015, 05:20 AM

I didn't realize the shot blockers was a new thing. And I do remember the shell never quite hitting its target beforehand.

Makes sense.

The shot blockers isn't a new thing. It's been able to shoot through shot blockers for almost a year.

14 Aug 2015, 05:43 AM

Sometimes Im amazed how people defending Wipetiger are against B4 or ML20, while Stuka zu fuss wiping whole defensive line without veterancy is ok.

Wanna shoot from FoG? Ok, but reduce armor (IIRC vetted ST has better armor) and health to the level of KV1,since it is very good tank :foreveralone:

Reason for HP and armor of ST is to move close, take bullets, fire and reverse. So no need for armor nor HP if shooting from FoG.
14 Aug 2015, 05:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Sometimes Im amazed how people defending Wipetiger are against B4 or ML20, while Stuka zu fuss wiping whole defensive line without veterancy is ok.

Wanna shoot from FoG? Ok, but reduce armor and health to the level of KV1,since it is very good tank :foreveralone:

Reason for HP and armor of ST is to move close, take bullets, fire and reverse. So no need for armor nor HP if shooting from FoG.
You should really learn your stats if you are to speak. Kv1 has more armor than a sturmtiger
14 Aug 2015, 05:50 AM

You should really learn your stats if you are to speak. Kv1 has more armor than a sturmtiger

And I fix it before your post. If Im not misteaken, vetted ST has better armor, tho Im mobile so cannot check it.
Still, ST has a lot more HP.

So, 800hp and shoot from FoG how long you want to.
14 Aug 2015, 05:53 AM

And I fix it before your post. If Im not misteaken, vetted ST has better armor, tho Im mobile so cannot check it.
Still, ST has a lot more HP.

The KV1 has better armor than a vetted Sturmtiger. A Sturmtiger without vet has 1280 health and 220 armor. With vet 2 it has 1440 health and 242 armor. A KV1 has 270 frontal armor.

Again; it seems like everyone who is embittered to the Sturmtiger doesn't seem to use it or know anything about it.

14 Aug 2015, 05:56 AM

The ISU has 1040 health, has 70 range, and can 1 shot wipe squads with a reload of 7-11 seconds. In the time it takes a Sturmtiger to reload an ISU can kill 5 squads on average. While shooting from the fog of war.

14 Aug 2015, 06:00 AM

I've never had a problem with the sturmtiger, but claiming the ISU is a wipe machine every shot is retarded
14 Aug 2015, 06:39 AM

Currently the Sturmtiger is essentially a mobile B4 that does alot more damage, this unit is in my opinion a new balance issue.

This unit can be acquired as early as the 15 minute mark, it requires no teching to a tier at all and only costs 560mp and 160 fuel. Its main cannon shot does ridiculous damage and if Im not mistaken will 1 shot anything everytime. It also soaks damage like it's going out of fashion.

So lets talk counters. Relic has extended the fuel requirement for tier 4 as the USF to 120fuel, so getting a tank out at the same time is very hard to do, you have a Jackson at the best, good luck trying to take the Sturmtiger down too a low health value due to Volk support.

AT guns are the worst counter as they provide free XP to the Sturmtiger, static positions just get murdered with ease.

This unit just creates a situation where you cannot move out of the map due to its sheer presence, you lose the map as 4 Volks with shreks just cruize around with the Sturmtiger and maybe a Luchs or some MG's wiping vet 3 Rifle after vet 3 Rifle thus bleeding you out.

Thoughts?

I can understand your points, why you think the Sturmtiger is OP. I'd consider it strong to very strong. For me it doesn't have the same striking force as a M5 Quad which I consider OP. Probably change the shooting through objects will make it more balanced, since you can blasted away without even noticing the Sturmkitty. Also it's in a kinda crappy commander, since the HEAT shells have a strange shooting (slow/inaccurate), almost on-one uses the panzercommander upgrade (used it yesterday and the arty from the commander is nice for 120 ammo). The rest you almost never use, since the critical repair takes 15 seconds if I'm not wrong.
14 Aug 2015, 06:41 AM

Whether or not the Sturmtiger is actually OP or we need to "l2adapt lolnoob", I hope we can all agree that it belongs to the same family of units that are awfully designed. The B4 and pre-nerf ISU-152 are right there with it. They're units with enormously strong alpha strikes that give minimal reaction time and will just randomly start wiping shit left and right unless you can deal with them right quick. They're units that legitimately never should have been included in the first place. In a game all about unit preservation nobody should ever think to themselves "what if I make a unit that can INSTANTLY DESTROY MEDIUM TANKS but then has to take ages to reload!"

There should be a general design move towards fewer units with limited chance to react, fewer units that have no real counterplay or uninteresting counterplay (e.g. stukka dive bomb -> instantly render artillery useless).
14 Aug 2015, 07:30 AM

Have anybody notived sturmtiger has no limit of anound on field ?

Reload with him , shoot with pupetchen , call in new one (last got abanoned)

Recrew old one and repair it.

TADA 2 sturmies on field , have a nice day ally player

Notice this is not effective if you dont have other tank on field , i recommend first make p4 or jp4 before second sturmtiger.
14 Aug 2015, 07:46 AM

I can understand your points, why you think the Sturmtiger is OP. I'd consider it strong to very strong. For me it doesn't have the same striking force as a M5 Quad which I consider OP. Probably change the shooting through objects will make it more balanced, since you can blasted away without even noticing the Sturmkitty. Also it's in a kinda crappy commander, since the HEAT shells have a strange shooting (slow/inaccurate), almost on-one uses the panzercommander upgrade (used it yesterday and the arty from the commander is nice for 120 ammo). The rest you almost never use, since the critical repair takes 15 seconds if I'm not wrong.

The Elite Armour commander is very niche yes, but it isn't useless. Puma does work with HE shells, the ability to see vehicles is also very useful. People only call it crappy because they want to spam MG's, Falls or JLI.

Pop Signal relay, and go where ever the vehicles aren't. Seems balanced :luvDerp:
14 Aug 2015, 07:51 AM

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the thought process of taking away precision shot from the b4 due to it's wiping potential, then buffing a unit who's entire schtick is wiping.

The range is pretty different, but I see your point.

I just think the whole 'can shoot through shot blockers' is just plain stupid for a moving unit.
I never ever liked this mechanic.
I have watched countless streams and VODs of sturmtigers behind the trees in Crossing in the Woods and just plowing away allied units that try to advance. Ridiculous.
14 Aug 2015, 08:16 AM

The ISU has 1040 health, has 70 range, and can 1 shot wipe squads with a reload of 7-11 seconds. In the time it takes a Sturmtiger to reload an ISU can kill 5 squads on average. While shooting from the fog of war.

ISU does not wipe in every single shot.
ISU is AI or AT
ISU won't wipe entire army in 1 click.
ISU does not shoot through shot blockers (there is expensive ability which is not effective).
After first shot, you know where it is so you can easily avoid it with infantry.
14 Aug 2015, 08:33 AM

ISU does not wipe in every single shot.

Yeah sometimes it leaves 1 model left!

ISU is AI or AT

Because old ISU was balanced right? :luvDerp:

ISU won't wipe entire army in 1 click.

Are you seriously salty that blobbers get vaporized by Sturmtigers lol

ISU does not shoot through shot blockers (there is expensive ability which is not effective).

It has 70 range, shot blocker shooting versus raw range is map dependent.

After first shot, you know where it is so you can easily avoid it with infantry.

If he sticks it covering a vital point you need...?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 103
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %