Login

russian armor

LeFH damage buff at vet 1? (better against vehicles)

9 Aug 2015, 18:11 PM

The LeFH has exactly one advantage over the ML20: 10 round salvo vs 8 round salvo (reload is same for both iirc)

But ML20 gains an additional 2 rounds at vet1 making it a better version of LeFH in all respects.

So how about buff the lefh so it gains extra damage at vet1?

or add in a bonus damage vs vehicles at vet1 at least. I saw a damaged su85 take 3 direct hits today on Sittard and it still lived.
9 Aug 2015, 18:32 PM

Permanently Banned
no more like, arty needs an overhaul. Cuz currently. Both pieces are fuckin stupid.

500 mp, can't be built in base, can't bomb bases with any form of artillery.
9 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM
Patrion 28

buffing the lefh to 160 damage and the ML-20 to 320 (or nerfing to 240) would at least make their damage consistent with EVERY OTHER ballistic/explosive.
9 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM
Donator 33

buffing the lefh to 160 damage and the ML-20 to 320 (or nerfing to 240) would at least make their damage consistent with EVERY OTHER ballistic/explosive.

Uhm, the LeFH already deals 160 damage (200 at vet 3). The ML-20 deals 300.
9 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM

are you fucking kidding?

the ML20 deals 300 damage now with MASSIVE AOE that wipes shit like no tomorrow, at vet 1 salvo is same as LefH 18. it needs a nerf than a buff

While the LefH deals 160 dmg and lower AoE and vehicles barely takes a scratch when they are hit.
aaa
9 Aug 2015, 22:32 PM

ML20 firing a lot slower. Thats a huge setback. They just go away after 1st esplosion. Even ATGs and MGS can safely pack and go away.
I dont see ML20 use now. Only kill a truck, but thats too expensive for that purpose.

9 Aug 2015, 22:44 PM

LefH shoot 8 or 10 shells?
9 Aug 2015, 23:12 PM

I just would like to see them act like it is in the text from the bulletins.

leFH18 have more range, better rof and less damage
ml20 less range, less rof, more dmg
10 Aug 2015, 06:06 AM

I can't even begin to tell how disappointed I am related to german howitzer.
If it doesn't exist in the game, I wouldn't care.
I tried to use it this patch in a game, and it went like this:
- first barrage: applied to a STATIC blob. The guy was doing something else and didn't babyseet his blob at that moment. I said "this is my moment". Booom, boom, the first 4 shells hit all around the blob. The opponent realised that he was bombarded and hit the retreat button;
- second barrage: applied to a katiusha STATIC position while it was firing. Boom, boom, the shells hit nothing. Katiusha finish barage and leave safely;
- third barrage: applied to a moving blob, on his path. Boom, boom, shells hit all around target. Not one hit;
- fourth barrage: applied to a few units mased together - maxims and guards. Success! ONE shell, hits in the middle. Let's see the damage. Two models dead. O...kay....

Conclusion at the game's end while trying to calm my team mates down while they were grumbling me for my "artillery" choice: NEVER USE THIS PIECE OF SHIT ANYMORE.
10 Aug 2015, 11:25 AM

Less scatter would be nice for LeFH
10 Aug 2015, 12:28 PM

are you fucking kidding?

the ML20 deals 300 damage now with MASSIVE AOE that wipes shit like no tomorrow, at vet 1 salvo is same as LefH 18. it needs a nerf than a buff

While the LefH deals 160 dmg and lower AoE and vehicles barely takes a scratch when they are hit.

That was my pretty much my point. ML20 shells do 300 dmg, LeFH do 160 damage and both pieces fire the same salvo now when ML-20 is at vet1 which make ML-20 superior in all respects.

Also, higher damage means a bigger 'kill AoE' as the damage drops off e.g. it takes 80 dmg to kill an infantryman. Suppose shell damage is approximately halved at 1, approximately quartered at 2. LeFH will then have kill AoE of 1 (160/2 = 80) whereas ML-20 will have kill AoE of nearly 2 (300/4 = 75, so a bit less than 2 will give you 80). That double radius means 4 times the area chaps! (Remember, area is square of radius times pi for a circle)
10 Aug 2015, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 06:06 AMJohnnyB
- first barrage: applied to a STATIC blob. The guy was doing something else and didn't babyseet his blob at that moment. I said "this is my moment". Booom, boom, the first 4 shells hit all around the blob. The opponent realised that he was bombarded and hit the retreat button;
- second barrage: applied to a katiusha STATIC position while it was firing. Boom, boom, the shells hit nothing. Katiusha finish barage and leave safely;
- third barrage: applied to a moving blob, on his path. Boom, boom, shells hit all around target. Not one hit;
- fourth barrage: applied to a few units mased together - maxims and guards. Success! ONE shell, hits in the middle. Let's see the damage. Two models dead. O...kay....

Conclusion at the game's end while trying to calm my team mates down while they were grumbling me for my "artillery" choice: NEVER USE THIS PIECE OF SHIT ANYMORE.

Yeah I agree its scatter is way too high. Needs a damage buff too cause its not like its shells land all at once like they do for werfer. Should do 240dmg at vet0, increase to 300 dmg at vet1
10 Aug 2015, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2015, 22:44 PMFrost
LefH shoot 8 or 10 shells?

It shoots 10. ML-20 shoots 8 but after reaching vet 1 ML-20 shoots 10 too
10 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM

Sacrifice a goat to the rng god mate. while this sucks i have managed to get 50 kills (including kat's with counter fire ) on a regular basis. Also keep in mind that the ostheer has plenty of doctrines that can easily counter the ml20 but i know of only one doctrine for the soviets.
10 Aug 2015, 12:36 PM

I just would like to see them act like it is in the text from the bulletins.

leFH18 have more range, better rof and less damage
ml20 less range, less rof, more dmg

It used to be like that, a long time ago. (Gosh i feel old now.) ML-20 fired 6 shells. LeFH fired 12! But there was too much arty saturation. So they patched it to 4 shells for ML-20 and 6 for LeFH. That made them useless. Now its 8 - 10 for ML-20, 10 for LeFH.

IIRC the LeFH used to be able to fire all the time (its cooldown ended at same time as barrage)
10 Aug 2015, 13:25 PM

I´m not saying you are wrong, but, muahahhaha, getting conclusions after "1" game????

you know RNG exists in this game rigth???? getting conclusions after "1" game????

this is really a wrong way to collect conclusions mate.

10 Aug 2015, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 13:25 PMFul4n0

I´m not saying you are wrong, but, muahahhaha, getting conclusions after "1" game????

you know RNG exists in this game rigth???? getting conclusions after "1" game????

this is really a wrong way to collect conclusions mate.

Well, actualy, I used the lefh several times in the past, before latest patches that brought all these good changes and I was verry disappointed in the past, too. After latest patch, I said, what the hell, let's give it a shot. I regreted that move.
No other chance for german howie anymore untill I read on coh2 changelog some notable changes. >:(
10 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

Put vet bulletins on the LeFH, get it easiliy to vet3, profit.
10 Aug 2015, 15:08 PM

I tried using the LeFH many times but honestly it's biggest problem is a useless vet 1 ability and is just doesn't have target because Allies don't rely on defensive emplacements or camping. When brits come out it will have a point; now? Nah.
10 Aug 2015, 15:17 PM

So much hate for the perfect arty piece. No cool down at Vet 3, great range, and lots of area of denial. The ML-20 needs a damage nerf but the LeFH is in a perfect spot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★