Option Distribution Votes
16%
63%
16%
5%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Aug 2015, 14:39 PM

Right now TWP means the StuG can hit a bit above its weight, in my opinion (thoughts on this?). It's a balanced ability on PAKs because they're stationary but it's a little too much on something that can roll around. Also, the StuG used to be more of an assault gun, a role it no longer performs because it got made into a tank destroyer. That switch is totally fine and made it a more viable unit, but with TWP being a little too strong (maybe?) and the StuG no longer being an assault gun... maybe it'd work to take out TWP and give the StuG some kind of SU-76 style barrage, thus reducing its ability to guarantee kill allied medium armor, and giving it a little assault gun flavor?

9 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

Voted not sure. while I'm 100% against Target Weak Point on Both STuG's and Pak-40s(hard AT weapons should be capable of self stunning you'd think they'd learn that lesson from DOW II)

I'm not 100% barrage would be the best ability.....
9 Aug 2015, 15:07 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I think Target Weak Point is an important ability that aids in the survival of the Stug and the Pak guns.

The allied factions have such a focus on fast, medium armor that TWP is one way to maintain survive-ability and reduce the chances of one's armor being flanked. It costs nearly as much as a teller mine and has an almost identical purpose.

It is not overpriced; as Ostheer, one must often decide between upgrades, mines and unit abilities/actions, especially when the munitions are split even or not going in the axis team's favor. TWP fits Ostheer's faction design.

Does the Elefant need TWP? Eh, maybe not. But that's a different discussion.

If you see vetted Stugs/Paks, expect TWP on important vehicles when pushing.

Edit:
Voted not sure. while I'm 100% against Target Weak Point on Both STuG's and Pak-40s(hard AT weapons should be capable of self stunning you'd think they'd learn that lesson from DOW II)

I'm not 100% barrage would be the best ability.....

I see your point with this... perhaps an ability to fire an HE round effective against soft targets and infantry would be appropriate?

That really defeats the purpose of the Stug though. The Stug III G is a tank destroyer in this iteration.
9 Aug 2015, 15:09 PM
Benefactor 115

Maybe giving it the switch shell type ability like Sherman and ISU have will allow it to be both an assault gun and tank destroyer. Whichever you need it to be at the moment.
9 Aug 2015, 15:14 PM

Enough one click stupid wipe, ya?
9 Aug 2015, 15:23 PM

Enough one click stupid wipe, ya?

Isn't TWP basically the "one click destroy medium" ability?

9 Aug 2015, 15:26 PM

Is TWP basically the "one click destroy medium" ability?

Maybe shall I teach you not frontally engaging vetted StuG with medium?
9 Aug 2015, 15:28 PM

What you suggest actually makes a lot of sense and it's kind of more historically accurate since the whole StuG line transformed from infantry support to tank killers. Unfortunately judging from Relics history track it will never happen.
9 Aug 2015, 15:34 PM

9 Aug 2015, 15:39 PM

Remove TWP, give stugs 60 range to fight su76s, adjust cost if needed.
9 Aug 2015, 15:59 PM

lol another suggestion for a stupid redesign.
9 Aug 2015, 16:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Remove TWP, give stugs 60 range to fight su76s, adjust cost if needed.

60 range at vet1?
9 Aug 2015, 16:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Frontally engaging +30 fuel cost vet 1 SU-85es aren't a damn near guaranteed death for mediums.

TWP is fine on Paks, but it's gotten a bit much while it's also on now-great StuG Gs, so now all the TWP allows for stunlocking like their vanilla WoW Rougues. Was fine when no one got StuGs, but unfortunately now TWP saturation potential is fairly silly.
9 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM

60 range at vet1?

By default. Or you can give both stug and su76 +10 range on vet 1 or 2. Maybe buff su76s hp to stug level to compensate.

Anyway, su76s should not have 60 range or ostheer should have something else except elefant to fight su76s head on.
9 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM

I expect StuGs to beat medium armor, I'm just not sure it's a good thing that a vet 1 StuG getting one shot off means the medium is guaranteed to die. Honestly, not sure. I mean I'm not an expert player - maybe it's balanced. I don't know. It just seems wrong to me.

edit -

On the other hand, I love rolling up to SU-85s, Shermans, etc, clicking TWP and on them, and then yelling "STUG LIFE!" as the allied tank blows up.
9 Aug 2015, 17:26 PM

I recall giving this suggestion in a earlier TWP thread but redesign TWP into Aimed Shot similar of Puma. The current issue of TWP is that it allows no counter play to it. If a enemy manages to hit your tank, you can't move, fire, or retreat providing a frustrating experience. If smoke of mortars initiated quicker and didn't bug out than that could potentially be a fix for Soviets but for USF...... For the Aimed Shot itself it would vary from tank to tank.

Turreted Tanks would be unable to move their turret but this can be countered by moving the tank.

Non Turreted Tanks wouldn't be able to either fire their gun (but still be able to move, can pull back.) or reduce range of gun. (Now this is interesting as it would make the enemy TD more vulnerable to counter attacks considering the closer range.)

TWP be still useful and deadly but enemy players can counter it with smart positioning.

9 Aug 2015, 18:15 PM

Permanently Banned
This, or change it so stug can switch to HE shells.
9 Aug 2015, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TWP on Stugs/TA changed into Aimed shot.
9 Aug 2015, 20:12 PM

Permanently Banned
TWP on Stugs/TA changed into Aimed shot.

/thread
9 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

Remember than Aimed Shot does stuff other than stop tanks turrets from functioning. It would be a buff to the StuG III, not a nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 1
unknown 6
United States 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %