Login

russian armor

StuG Idea - Swap TWP for Barrage

9 Aug 2015, 20:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Remember than Aimed Shot does stuff other than stop tanks turrets from functioning. It would be a buff to the StuG III, not a nerf.

Being unable to act or do anything for 3-4 seconds is worse than having your turret locked because you will score a tank kill rather than letting it reverse out to fight another day.

Either TWP for the Stug should be like Aimed Shot(but no ability to fire on infantry, etc) or when it hits, it lowers the effectiveness of the vehicle. Maybe a 10-15% reduction in speed, 35-50% reduction in rate of fire and turret rotation so the vehicle can still fight, but is less combat effective during that duration.
9 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM
Patrion 28

Being unable to act or do anything for 3-4 seconds is worse than having your turret locked because you will score a tank kill rather than letting it reverse out to fight another day.

Either TWP for the Stug should be like Aimed Shot(but no ability to fire on infantry, etc) or when it hits, it lowers the effectiveness of the vehicle. Maybe a 10-15% reduction in speed, 35-50% reduction in rate of fire and turret rotation so the vehicle can still fight, but is less combat effective during that duration.

i think his point is that aimed shot works on things other than vehicles.
9 Aug 2015, 20:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember than Aimed Shot does stuff other than stop tanks turrets from functioning. It would be a buff to the StuG III, not a nerf.

OKW Puma aimed shot can target any enemy unit except buildings and has differing effects based on target.
On penetration (double penetration values of normal shot):
Turreted tank: lock turret (15 seconds)
Assault gun: stun vehicle same as Ostheer TWP (5 seconds)
Light vehicle: engine damage (anything lighter than a t70 more or less, t70 still counts as a tank)
Team weapon gunner: temporarily disables weapon (5 seconds+redeploy)
Infantry (including team weapon gunners): death crit in 0.5 radius (for comparison grenadier riflegrenade kill radius would be 0.875 on full health models). But unlike riflegrenade this will not take any penalty from green cover.

I'm failing to see the buffs. MAYBE it would be good against clumped units, so just remove been able to target infantry.
Main gun disable (5-8s) for assault guns should be fine.
9 Aug 2015, 22:11 PM

OKW Puma aimed shot can target any enemy unit except buildings and has differing effects based on target.
On penetration (double penetration values of normal shot):
Turreted tank: lock turret (15 seconds)
Assault gun: stun vehicle same as Ostheer TWP (5 seconds)
Light vehicle: engine damage (anything lighter than a t70 more or less, t70 still counts as a tank)
Team weapon gunner: temporarily disables weapon (5 seconds+redeploy)
Infantry (including team weapon gunners): death crit in 0.5 radius (for comparison grenadier riflegrenade kill radius would be 0.875 on full health models). But unlike riflegrenade this will not take any penalty from green cover.

I'm failing to see the buffs. MAYBE it would be good against clumped units, so just remove been able to target infantry.
Main gun disable (5-8s) for assault guns should be fine.

It would give a good counter to maxim spam and light vehicles, I was just pointing out it has implications outside of turret locking.
9 Aug 2015, 22:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It would give a good counter to maxim spam and light vehicles, I was just pointing out it has implications outside of turret locking.

Outside sniping snipers, i've never use it againts infantry (and i didnt abuse building clearing). It would be lovely having such a feature IMO, to "counter" support weapons on an unorthodox way.
9 Aug 2015, 22:29 PM

Well, I'm against TWP on the Stug, especially now heavy tanks have been nipped back, but barrage? On a gun thats primarily AT? I'd have to say no.

With heavy tanks limited to 1 per game, I think having the ability to stun heavies is silly, or extra enhancements to kill heavies too. Its once again a case of Relic not considering everything before making big changes to gameplay.

IMO, just get rid of TWP from the stug without any replacement, and if it needs it, give the Stug a slight buff in stats to compensate.
9 Aug 2015, 23:44 PM

That was why I suggest Aimed Shot disables turretless tanks guns earlier as transferring directly from Puma's Aimed shot would stun the turretless tank for the same time as TWP. Disabling the turret would be simple and effective as this could help circle strafe enemy tanks quickly nicely while leaving the enemy player to actually be able to have some counter play.
10 Aug 2015, 00:01 AM

Target Weak Point could just be given a 5 second cooldown so that while it can stun, it cannot take advantage of the stun personally.
10 Aug 2015, 00:04 AM
Patrion 14

Target weak point -> aimed shot.

Balanced.

Or we can always make twp into the stuart version. Half damage, no pen increase, 3 short stuns, 40 range.
10 Aug 2015, 06:22 AM

TWP on Stugs/TA changed into Aimed shot.

That could actualy work.
10 Aug 2015, 16:55 PM

Ya aimed shot or barrage either is fine. But increase range to 60. Or 55
10 Aug 2015, 17:02 PM

This, or change it so stug can switch to HE shells.

Its called StuG-E.
nee
21 Aug 2015, 23:17 PM

How about give it an anti-infantry variant of the Aimed Shot? The StuG takes a few seconds of "Aiming..." and it will fire a single round at any target, stunning vehicle if vehicle, and guaranteed hit at an enemy squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★