Login

russian armor

Bazooka accuracy buff?

9 Aug 2015, 02:05 AM
Patrion 27

More conspiracy theories eh? Sorry halfwits, panzerschreks and bazookas have basically mirrored accuracy. The Evil nazi shrek doesn't have a better chance to hit.

Less gut feelings, more actually learning the stats.

Stay classy m8.
9 Aug 2015, 02:43 AM

It would increase the snipes at mid and long, but only negligibly. Honestly, I would rather get rid of rocket snipes period, which is why I am partial to target tables (similar to the fix for the PTRS).

whatever that can make it work just buff the bazooka to have its shots hit its targets more often then it misses because panzershreck is an overly-fine AT weapon that has a slow reload but currently is prone to hit and penetrate its targets more often than the bazooka
9 Aug 2015, 03:34 AM

bazookas should get a pen buff and white phosphorus rounds :3
9 Aug 2015, 04:51 AM

I'd prefer if zooks just got bonus damage firing on the rear of vehicles. People always complain about zook's pen but they do really well on the rear armor. May as well turn it into a strat.
9 Aug 2015, 04:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Great way to generalize things when a lot of Axis vehicles also have considerable target sizes aka above 20 or at. Even the Stug sits at a target size of 20.

Indeed, they are edge cases.

But it's definitely a good reason contributing to how the JPIV is totes baller.
9 Aug 2015, 05:28 AM

Permanently Banned
Man, shrecks will miss machine gun bunkers, still vehicles, and fuel caches unless you are within 10-15 range as well. Don't think its only a bazooka thing. Its actually a good thing that these weapons are mildly inaccurate. Bazooka can get buffs, accuracy, should not be one of them.
9 Aug 2015, 08:11 AM

Accuracy got nerfed because they kept hitting infantry. Unless they find a way to increase accuracy against vehicles only I am against it. If they need a buff, buff some other stats.
9 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM

then whats the point of hitting your target if you cant damage it?

hitting more = higher damage and more penetration indirectly
9 Aug 2015, 09:05 AM

hitting more = higher damage and more penetration indirectly

the stats to its damage and penetration dont allow that :(
9 Aug 2015, 09:09 AM

The Bazookas are AT handhelds just like the shreacks,they should have the same stats on penetration and the bazooka should have 100 damage.
this will help the Americans to deal with tanks that dont have very good Anti-Infantry power(panther,elefant,jagdpanzer 4),since the only way to damage those tanks is with the jackson ONLY and that tank needs support to do anything.
9 Aug 2015, 09:27 AM

Man, shrecks will miss machine gun bunkers, still vehicles, and fuel caches unless you are within 10-15 range as well. Don't think its only a bazooka thing. Its actually a good thing that these weapons are mildly inaccurate. Bazooka can get buffs, accuracy, should not be one of them.

A lot of Axis vehicles are smaller than Allied counterparts. I don't want two zook shots to always hit and kill a Kubel or 222 at max range, but the zook should have very slight acc edge over the shrek. Shrek vs M3A1/M20 should be equal to zook vs Kubel/222. I'm talking a really slight 10% increase, maybe 15.

Zook/shrek- considering targets same acc

Shrek/zook-shrek slightly more damage, way more pen. Thinking 100 damage for zook,

Shrek comes with tech, zook requires upgrade but Zooks can go on everyone. It seems fair on paper but could be bad, who knows.

9 Aug 2015, 22:44 PM

Most of the time i use bazookas against heavy armours (in team games), and it just ticling axis armours. But using panzershercks agians paper armoured allied vehicles is far more too effective. Even if u buff bazookas to panzershreck stats, it won't be effective as panzersrecks because heavly armoured axis tanks. Why don't u give usf recoilless rifle. It could penn and damge more. I loved airborne squad in coh1.
9 Aug 2015, 23:33 PM

Bazooka is actually the least accurate RPG though, the Panzergrenadier Panzerschreck is the most accurate handheld AT weapon. The Bazooka should at least be on-par with that due to its much weaker rocket.
9 Aug 2015, 23:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Most of the time i use bazookas against heavy armours (in team games), and it just ticling axis armours. But using panzershercks agians paper armoured allied vehicles is far more too effective. Even if u buff bazookas to panzershreck stats, it won't be effective as panzersrecks because heavly armoured axis tanks. Why don't u give usf recoilless rifle. It could penn and damge more. I loved airborne squad in coh1.

Unless you're only fighting Panthers, the bazooka will go through the majority of mediums if it had shrek stats without problems and mediums are generally what are being fielded nowadays over the old days of heavy tank spam.

Vet 2 PIV/OKW PIV and Brummbars would be the exception, but the rocket would still have a good chance of going through. And they would pen the Tiger more than they would versus IS-2. Even at max range a shrek has a 88% chance to go through a PIV.

Back onto the Bazooka itself, I still think a cost increase and accuracy boost would help. Also, I've been thinking that the bazooka, just for gameplay mechanics over the shrek, should have no drop-off in penetration to help with its low pen. Or if penetration changes are generally neeeded, make it have very good penetration at short-range but drop-off drastically at range. Yes, it makes no sense because it's a shaped-charge, but let's go with it.
10 Aug 2015, 00:13 AM

Idk. If we buff zooks they'll be OP as ****. On the other hand atm they are simply mediocre vs certain things but still effective in their own right. I'd say the best solution would be to make them cheaper, 10-15 muni cheaper. :foreveralone:
10 Aug 2015, 02:15 AM

Just a line the Scatter angle and distance to the same as Shreks, and either lower the aim time, or what ever makes the models with the zook dance instead of just shoot the dam thing.

After this then people should look to see if pen, damage or both should be add. At the end of the day there is no balance problem that I can see from bring the Zooks up a little closer to shreks.

For the most part Axis tanks have more Armor/health on avrage, which would make up for any buff to the Zook. Not to mettion the fact that axies has some of the best blob counter in the game. Zook blobs are the only really fear i see from some in this thread. Nothing new, and any play with enough salt knows how to deal with blobs on both sides.
10 Aug 2015, 04:51 AM

Just align the accuracy and scatter stats to match the Panzergrenadier Panzerschreck, then go from there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★