Login

russian armor

Wow, Just Wow

7 Aug 2015, 06:40 AM

I remember when green cover was actually worth something....

Soviet MG buff has gone wayyyyyyy to far. Virtually instant suppression behind sandbags. Radius for suppressing adjacent squads is ridiculous too.

I'm getting beaten by people who don't even move their squads when I throw grenades.

The cheaper infantry support gun this patch is nice, but it still costs 50% more then an mg, and takes a good minute to clear one away unless RNG jesus loves you.

I had a guy go 5 mgs into t70s last night and the complete domination early game means no fuel, no munitions on top of the already heavy resource penalty.

WTF. Yes I'm mad, I hate this crap!
7 Aug 2015, 07:29 AM

Might be better if you linked your playercard.
7 Aug 2015, 15:16 PM
7 Aug 2015, 15:21 PM
Benefactor 355

Not to be a dick but this is a l2p issue based on the playercard.
7 Aug 2015, 17:58 PM

LOLROFLMAO
7 Aug 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Luckily this is the L2P forum.

Someone will come by and give you good advice instead of trolling you OP. Personally im a shit OKW player and I cant help you much
7 Aug 2015, 18:08 PM

7 Aug 2015, 18:39 PM

I played this guy yesterday (Дядя Вова). I checked your recently played and noticed it right away. It's a pretty cool strategy he has. I managed to beat him with Wehrmacht using Pumas, Pz 4 Command Tank, and Pak's supplemented by the mobile defense commander. He uses the first 4-5 mgs to gain map control and then uses Soviet Industry to pump out light vehicles to try and beat you real quick. The key is to try and push the games length until the manpower drain from soviet industry catches up with him. I'll post a replay so you can see how I countered it with Wehrmacht. For OKW,I think rushing a Puma would help, but I'm not sure since I'm not so good with OKW. That strategy is pretty tough to counter with OKW now that I think about it... Anyways, here's the replay in case you wanted to take a look at my take on countering this (admittedly clever) strategy.
7 Aug 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 33

All MG's will suppress you in green over. Perhaps not the OKW popcorn maker but the Kubel will. So edit might be an idea all MG's its not just Soviets.
7 Aug 2015, 19:29 PM

I remember when green cover was actually worth something....

MG buff has gone wayyyyyyy to far. Virtually instant suppression behind sandbags. Radius for suppressing adjacent squads is ridiculous too.

Yes, Lelic balance

Have to play differently now.
7 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

Rejoice, for you have not experienced true horror. Once there was a time where the Kubelwagen could drive and suppress at the same time :foreveralone:

Yes I know, quite thrilling and atrocious at the same time:foreveralone:
7 Aug 2015, 21:06 PM

If a soviet player is spamming Maxims fast Flak AA Halftrack does wonders :)

From experience you don't want to use the ISG or Pak Howie as a stationary support weapon counter due to their poor accuracy at range. I've found that they are more useful as a defensive counter where you park them where the main enemy thrust is and use the random suppression procs to turn engagements in your favor, but that's just me.

EDIT: Stuka is also a great support weapon counter if he's being lame and just parking Maxims in buildings.
12 Aug 2015, 17:34 PM
Patrion 310

Pro tip: Use the search engine features. Bro its amazing, you can travel back in time with that. Use it.

12 Aug 2015, 20:02 PM

LeiG or Stuka. Choose.

Why the heck are you guys saying Flaktrak AA vs SOVIET T2?
Alright 1 zis gun, there you go, your halftrack countered and useless
12 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM

All MG's will suppress you in green over. Perhaps not the OKW popcorn maker but the Kubel will. So edit might be an idea all MG's its not just Soviets.

Made me giggle :banana:
12 Aug 2015, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 07:29 AMSwift
Might be better if you linked your playercard.

hehe You're definitely on to something here my fellow comrade.
13 Aug 2015, 08:14 AM

WOW

Exactly my thoughts!
13 Aug 2015, 09:17 AM

Going t2 and making a puma or a stuka works nice, stuka in 1v1 tho is pretty risky since it's a big investment and you need to count on raks and shreks as your at and it delays your flak base a lot. Personally I prefer the inf gun and going for mg34s, also, extra Spio squad helps if you have a blob of volks taking the focus and flanking around with the Spios (especially against bad players with no unit preservation and/or bad micro)
21 Aug 2015, 04:26 AM
Patrion 310

Stuka vs support weapons/AT guns
ISG vs Infantry blobs

Stuka are viable in 1vs1 if you skip T4 and since ml20 commanders are getting popular that might not be a bad idea (ml20 hard counter your flak HQ).
With the stuka you need call-ins such as Panzerfüsilier spam with G43 or Jaeger Light Infantry + Ostwind. Panzerfüsilier work best on open maps because OKW need to rely on at guns and Puma/JP4 for AT where with Jaeger Light Infantry OKW have plenty of munitions for shreaks/mines.

With vet, JP4 are quite possible the most cost effecient tank destroyer axis has which can counter even IS2 1vs1. Remember if soviet spam mgs + T3 they have neither infantry nor armor to chase or flank puma/Jp4/Ostwind.

Also dont forget IR ht dont cost fuel, so use that to plan where to attack and arty.
21 Aug 2015, 05:48 AM

MGs suppressing in cover is a bug. A bug with Area of Effect Suppression.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★