5 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM
Senior Editor Badge

5 Aug 2015, 12:32 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Before making the mini-map considers these changes:
5 Aug 2015, 13:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

4 isn't really a house, and there's a house near the north cutoff.

I'd say maybe make house #3 a little less beefy or closer in health to the north cutoff's house else you risk a house camp situation.
5 Aug 2015, 14:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

@capiqua

house 2 and 3 have been switched making the cutoff house very vulnerable on the north and south side (no windows)

house 4 isnt really a house.

the base MGs are meant to cover half of the cutoff on each base. as a mapping rule you never want to make a base mg cover an entire point of any kind, with COH2 that rule does still apply but given that these points are long and thin and the mg is covering half of a VERY important point it leads to interesting gameplay for the person attacking to cap the point. i could be wrong here but i wanted to test the concept before keeping the point 100% free of mg fire

the four corners arent done yet, and yea i didnt wana make tac map till the four corners are complete

thanks for the feedback it is appreciated!

if anyone wants to make a tac map or loading screenshot PM me please!
5 Aug 2015, 14:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'd probably move the MG bunker back a smidge still.
5 Aug 2015, 15:34 PM

Dl'd will check it out later today and give analysis.
5 Aug 2015, 16:31 PM
Patrion 14

Put the steam workshop link on our social mediaz, hope you'll get some downloads from it !
aaa
5 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM

will it be in 1v1 automatch if i dl it?
5 Aug 2015, 17:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2015, 16:40 PMaaa
will it be in 1v1 automatch if i dl it?

No. Only custom game.
5 Aug 2015, 19:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

thanks for all the support everyone, im trying to finish it by weeks end! keep the posts coming!
7 Aug 2015, 15:11 PM

Review
http://www.twitch.tv/vonivan/v/10029903

Balance wise: 8.9/10
I like the way the map is setup, not too much green cover, not too many shot blockers. Cutoffs are well placed. Buildings aren't occupying fuel/ammo points. While it is a bit open in some areas it isn't crossing in the woods type open which makes mg/pak wall spam viable. My only major concerns with this map thus far are the mg emplacements on the left hand side of the map(showcase in video above) that allow for mgs to cover a little over half of the tactical points next to their base. Now while the mg nest radius appears to be only about half of the cutoff point some people forget the mg can fire farther than the radius shown most of the time, causing it to be a bit of a hassle if you're not careful when capping the point. Now while I know this an experimental test to see how well it can function in gameplay, I find it to be unfair considering the base to the right has a shotblocker on it's tactical point for one mg nest and a lesser radius on the other tactical point with the other mg nest. I would recommend moving the mg nests on the left hand side spawn just a bit to make it a little fairer for both players(like only 25% of the point being in radius of the mg nest). Other than that the map is raw perfection.

Map Scenery: 7/10
Overall this map looks pretty decent. Cemetery to the North is very nice to look at it. Logs to the south are okay but it would be cool(imo) to add some sort of crane or other log moving object/woodwork that wouldn't affect balance but look interesting while playing. Center of the map, while setup nicely is pretty plain to look at with the usual generic buildings, would be cool to add some type of special old fashioned wood buildings(if available in the mapmaker) to spice things up a bit since everyone for the last 2+ years has been seeing the same old Relic plain wood buildings. Would also be cool since Brits are coming out this September to have maybe a Brit plane crash somewhere near the right of the map not in the center of the open field but more in an offly direction so that it may again not have a substantial effect on engagements. Overall though the map has a decent setting(even though it was ported over from VCoH).

Tactical Points: 10/10
I like where everything is located, it's not too far off, and not too unfair to work with. Cutoffs are nicely laid out, fuel and ammo points fairly positioned, and literally nothing on that map seems like more of a tactical advantage for one side rather than the other. Good job. :foreveralone:
7 Aug 2015, 15:32 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

now THAT is how you give feedback people! thanks Ivan all points will be taken into account. ill get the map to a 10 ;) :D
7 Aug 2015, 16:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

7 Aug 2015, 21:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Fun map to play, even as it is - and already in front of certain automatch maps, IMO.

Kudos to Von Ivan, for the analysis. :)

21 Aug 2015, 20:02 PM

Put the steam workshop link on our social mediaz, hope you'll get some downloads from it !

I know it's a dumb question, but how does one go about doing this?
21 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM
Patrion 14

I meant that I put the map on our social media to advertise it because it's a great map :)
21 Aug 2015, 20:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Go to Steam, go to the Steam workshop for CoH2 and select Maps. It is a map called Crossroads, by WhiteFlash.
21 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM

Go to Steam, go to the Steam workshop for CoH2 and select Maps. It is a map called Crossroads, by WhiteFlash.

Sorry, I meant how does one put their map on social media meaning the "trending" area of this link:
http://www.coh2.org/

unless of course you just meant the workshop. Also apologies for derailing this thread - the map is looking good Whiteflash.
21 Aug 2015, 21:14 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry, I meant how does one put their map on social media meaning the "trending" area of this link:
http://www.coh2.org/

unless of course you just meant the workshop. Also apologies for derailing this thread - the map is looking good Whiteflash.

Ohhh righto, http://www.coh2.org/trending/create/8936/stevie_rogier here you go ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak