Login

russian armor

Native Language Option

14 Aug 2015, 16:37 PM

If they don't implement this with the British, they never will. Mark my words. Why? Cause finding the voice actors, designing their characters, lines, and etc, getting them in the studios and paying them just doesn't pay off at this stage of the game... This will never happen.

if i recall correctly the sound files for the German and Russian languages are "there" relic just has to make slight reprogramming/coding adjustments in the sga files and they should be golden. it nots as hard as it looks by the way of it. im thinking relic might have been lazy and forgetful or they are too busy making the brits
16 Aug 2015, 04:32 AM

Regional localisation is not the same as 'native' language. A Spanish localisation will have German figures speak in whatever is the appropriate-sounding accent for a Spanish-speaking German, I assume. So no, it's not "there".

I also hear the German localisation is terrible, FWIW.
5 Sep 2015, 03:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 04:32 AMsquippy
Regional localisation is not the same as 'native' language. A Spanish localisation will have German figures speak in whatever is the appropriate-sounding accent for a Spanish-speaking German, I assume. So no, it's not "there".

i hope they do it in the near future. have you ever watched a foreign animated film dubbed in english i'll tell you as a fact it's HORRIBLE
5 Sep 2015, 08:33 AM

I've watched a lot of stuff dubbed both into English and out of it, and the only problem I've ever had was when someones voice was very different to the original.
5 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 04:32 AMsquippy

Not a problem at all. Germans speak german in the german version. Russians russian. You dont use the german voices of the spanish version of course.

The files are there. You can check yourself when changing language into russian or german.

Its the work of a day to implement this into the game.

But i understand with brits release this kind of cosmetics is far away.

But I believe in relic. :)
5 Sep 2015, 10:13 AM

You know, I wonder if Relic would be open to letting some volunteer community members sift through the voice files and create separate .sga files for each faction.
5 Sep 2015, 10:34 AM

As a German I have to say I´m all for that option. The German voices for the British are terrible. You can´t fake a Scottish accent in German.

"Naughty boys" (or whatever the announcer says in the English version) sounds incredibly stupid in German (ungezogene Bengel). It makes you cringe.
5 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 10:13 AMKothre
You know, I wonder if Relic would be open to letting some volunteer community members sift through the voice files and create separate .sga files for each faction.

yeah thats a great idea why not go tell relic of this proposal you have in mind im sure if they will let the community sift through the voice files to create separate sga files for each of the factions as it will ease the burden load on duffy's dev team. once the files are compiled and organized send it back to relic and they do the rest in terms of coding?
5 Sep 2015, 18:22 PM

What me grind me gears is that Relic is sometimes showing here up to post on some threads, but on threads like this one, they never show up those buggers.
5 Sep 2015, 18:54 PM

What me grind me gears is that Relic is sometimes showing here up to post on some threads, but on threads like this one, they never show up those buggers.

surely someone in the forums must have contacts and connections with relic so why not give that a try and bring that proposal kothre had in mind
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★