Login

russian armor

How to deal with blobs

1 Aug 2015, 13:35 PM

Hello everyone,
as we all know blobs :spam::spam: are huge pain in the ass. Grens with LMGs, Volks with Bazookas(cuz writing Panzerschreck is to mainstream :banana::banana: ), Rifelman with bar etc. I am hoping u will like my idea of dealing blobs, lets start.For an example lets take a squad of Volksgrenadirs, a member carries a bazzoka and when he dies he magically gives his weapon to the other squad member.My idea is when u kill this bazooka boy the squda loses the bazooka UNIT the squda member is reinforced. Another thing is when the squda is retreating and gets wiped it wont drop the weapon cuz they have noone, but if the squda deos get wiped and has for example LMG it has a chance that it will drop it .Thats my idea gentelmans I hope u like it pls leave ur opinion about it . Sry if i made some grammatical mistakes. I hope u have a good day. Cheers :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: alliesallies axisaxis
1 Aug 2015, 13:51 PM

There is only 1 way for Relic to completely remove blobbing for the game and they have yet to listen to me.

Have each squad check for another squad within a certain radius, if the amount of squads in said radius is > whatisdeterminedasablob, reduce ROF for each squad and increase damage taken.

No one would blob again.
1 Aug 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 13:51 PMLatch
There is only 1 way for Relic to completely remove blobbing for the game and they have yet to listen to me.

Have each squad check for another squad within a certain radius, if the amount of squads in said radius is > whatisdeterminedasablob, reduce ROF for each squad and increase damage taken.

No one would blob again.

or.... give all factions non-doc demo :romeoHype:

Currently when you blob Grens/Volks you must consider demos, when you make BARs blob you don't need to.
1 Aug 2015, 14:00 PM

Currently when you blob Grens/Volks you must consider demos, when you make BARs blob you don't need to.

O, no. Demo's are the most annoying thing in game and should be nerfed/removed. There shouldn't come more of them.
1 Aug 2015, 14:05 PM

But that doesn't guarantee a punished blob, its simply a method TO punish a blob.
1 Aug 2015, 14:15 PM
Patrion 14

I don't really see blobs that much anymore except vs. OKW. Soviets have demos and maxims that actually do shit now, USF has the .50 which can also suppress blobs without fear of rnades from max distance. The MG42 absolutely wrecks anything in front of it, be it infantry, or light vehicles.

OKW needs something more to help vs. blobs. The best thing to do would be to fix the ISG's vet. Currently, it gives you bonuses to the barrage, which is the worst part of the unit. If the vet helped the auto-fire, the ISG would be in a good place as a blob counter.
1 Aug 2015, 14:20 PM

It depends really. Which faction are we talking about? Who's gonna counter who?

I agree with Non doctrinal Demos though.
1 Aug 2015, 15:46 PM

I don't really see blobs that much anymore except vs. OKW. Soviets have demos and maxims that actually do shit now, USF has the .50 which can also suppress blobs without fear of rnades from max distance. The MG42 absolutely wrecks anything in front of it, be it infantry, or light vehicles.

OKW needs something more to help vs. blobs. The best thing to do would be to fix the ISG's vet. Currently, it gives you bonuses to the barrage, which is the worst part of the unit. If the vet helped the auto-fire, the ISG would be in a good place as a blob counter.

How to help fix blobs versus OKW:

- Kubel to doctrines

- MG34 to HQ with cost increased to 240 and gets it's old damage back and a vet 1 ability that drastically increases ROF at the cost of not firing for a few seconds after the ability is done

- Flaktrack health increased to 400

- Volks get a buff similar to Ostruppen when in cover allowing them to push away blobs attacking defensive positions.

- AI upgrade package you can take instead of the shrek that equips Volks with StG's that do more damage at mid range instead of short.
1 Aug 2015, 15:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

- MG34 to HQ with cost increased to 240 and gets it's old damage back and a vet 1 ability that drastically increases ROF at the cost of not firing for a few seconds after the ability is done

I just got Techmarine Plasma Gun flashbacks
1 Aug 2015, 19:50 PM

AOE is how you deal with light blobs in every RTS game.

WEHR- mortar, mortar HT, riflenade, Werfer, FHT, Tiger, Stug E, MG42

SOV-Demos, Mortar, 120mm mortar, ZiS, SU-76M, Quadtrack, KV-8, KV-2

OKW- Leig, Flaktrack, flak cannon, MG34, Stuka, Sturmtiger

USF- AA Track, Pack Howie, HMC, Sherman, Fighting Position rifle grenade

Maxim and .50 cal not mentioned because they don't stop blobs, only single units.

1 Aug 2015, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 14:05 PMLatch

But that doesn't guarantee a punished blob, its simply a method TO punish a blob.

Demo's punish blobs for sure, but they are so annoying against normal unit.
1 Aug 2015, 20:10 PM
Donator 22

1 Aug 2015, 20:10 PM

AOE is how you deal with light blobs in every RTS game.

WEHR- mortar, mortar HT, riflenade, Werfer, FHT, Tiger, Stug E, MG42

SOV-Demos, Mortar, 120mm mortar, ZiS, SU-76M, Quadtrack, KV-8, KV-2

OKW- Leig, Flaktrack, flak cannon, MG34, Stuka, Sturmtiger

USF- AA Track, Pack Howie, HMC, Sherman, Fighting Position rifle grenade

Maxim and .50 cal not mentioned because they don't stop blobs, only single units.

Buffed Maxim disagrees. .50 Cal also disagrees it just hasn't shown up yet.
1 Aug 2015, 20:12 PM

Give them red cover
2 Aug 2015, 03:26 AM

Buffed Maxim disagrees. .50 Cal also disagrees it just hasn't shown up yet.

The Maxim doesn't have enough of a angle to stop a proper blob. Multiple Maxims yes, but at this point you are countering a blob with a blob.
2 Aug 2015, 03:30 AM

Agreed; the thing still fires too slowly and it's AoE is abbysmal. Though I would still demand for the mg34 to be core and kubel to be doctrinal for at the least not entirely relying on RNG arty to deal with blobs.
11 Aug 2015, 10:23 AM

Why do OKW players blob so much? I really hate seeing it when I play ost 2v2 and the OKW guy does nothing but blob. Had to insistently tell him to get a rak for the map was good for it (Lierneux) then later had to tell him again to get a Stuka instead of spamming infantry (for the opposing team was playing maxim-in-the-building)
11 Aug 2015, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 10:23 AMJunaid
Why do OKW players blob so much? I really hate seeing it when I play ost 2v2 and the OKW guy does nothing but blob. Had to insistently tell him to get a rak for the map was good for it (Lierneux) then later had to tell him again to get a Stuka instead of spamming infantry (for the opposing team was playing maxim-in-the-building)

Low fuel income or saving fuel for tank.
11 Aug 2015, 11:38 AM

Blobs, blobs and again blobs.
Just stop people. There is no way to limit blobbing pehnomenon, and I honestly don't care. If I wanna blob, I should be able to, if I wanna counter the opponent's blob, I should be able to. As simple as that. There are plenty of counters, like demos, HMGs - recently buffed - AT guns with light barrage features, katiushas, wurframens, etc....
They should make howitzers more accurate and do something about that Fireworkswerfer, and you will have plenty of counters to chose from.

This anti-blob whinings begun to annoy me.
11 Aug 2015, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 11:38 AMJohnnyB
Blobs, blobs and again blobs.
Just stop people. There is no way to limit blobbing pehnomenon, and I honestly don't care. If I wanna blob, I should be able to, if I wanna counter the opponent's blob, I should be able to. As simple as that. There are plenty of counters, like demos, HMGs - recently buffed - AT guns with light barrage features, katiushas, wurframens, etc....
They should make howitzers more accurate and do something about that Fireworkswerfer, and you will have plenty of counters to chose from.

This anti-blob whinings begun to annoy me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★