Login

russian armor

Molotov - too useless

31 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM

I think this thing must have a good buff. For 125/25 it is too expensive and molotov can't do well with its job. Very slow animation, bad radius, poor damage because you need to stay in fire and therefore it is easy to change position or escape. Molotov good at only two things, burning houses and denying covers BUT Soviets have combat engineers and penals for burning Germans from houses. About covers, Molotov damage on green covers is not good enough. However, enemy squad can just reposition for another cover. Also, Molotov is not good enough for destroying mgs. For example mg42, can suppress cons and while they are crawling for throwing Molotov mg just changing position. If Molotov hits mg, it can lost 1-2 men and run away. To my mind, Molotov upgrade musts far more cheaper or must be in At granade upgrade without price increase. Also, Molotov need damage and animation buffs.
31 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

I think that the molotovs work the same way as flamers, aka cannot crit 50% or above healt models, that change pretty much made them shit, they should give back the crits
31 Jul 2015, 23:59 PM

I agree 100% on this. 25 fuel for molotovs with that short of range and removed the crits?

This needs to be like a 125/10 costing unlock. I mean look at USF, they get smoke and nades both for 25 FU.

Wishful thinking would be something like the OKW infiltration nades with a special commander. Or gain better range or damage with vet. Something to make this core and base ability useful again.
8 Aug 2015, 04:20 AM

I think giving them back flame crits is fair enough... flame damage was mostly nerfed due to flame throwers anyway as far as I understand. Right now you might as well be throwing warm bath water on them >.<
8 Aug 2015, 05:43 AM

warm bath water :sibDZ::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
8 Aug 2015, 09:43 AM

warm bath water :sibDZ::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yes, it is. Problems m8?
8 Aug 2015, 10:51 AM
Donator 22

The problem with buffing Molotovs is Soviets don't have as many things to spend muni on compared to other factions, so Molotovs are easy for them to spam, which will be a problem if Molotovs are more powerful since Ost mainly have four man squads. Molotovs are an investment that can pay off if they're used well, since they can clear houses and force mg to change positions.
8 Aug 2015, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 10:51 AMRizza
The problem with buffing Molotovs is Soviets don't have as many things to spend muni on compared to other factions, so Molotovs are easy for them to spam, which will be a problem if Molotovs are more powerful since Ost mainly have four man squads. Molotovs are an investment that can pay off if they're used well, since they can clear houses and force mg to change positions.

There is no problem with buffing molotovs... Have you played the game before the last patch? Molotovs were useful then and nobody complained about it. Molotovs were not OP before the global flame-crit nerf, but were completely made useless because of it.

I suggest giving the molotovs 25~30 impact damage, this will punish players for not dodging them and will kill models quicker if they stand in the flames.

8 Aug 2015, 11:05 AM
Donator 22

There is no problem with buffing molotovs... Have you played the game before the last patch? Molotovs were useful then and nobody complained about it. Molotovs were not OP before the global flame-crit nerf, but were completely made useless because of it.

I suggest giving the molotovs 25~30 impact damage, this will punish players for not dodging them and will kill models quicker if they stand in the flames.

So what you're saying is a Molotov needs to kill half a squad otherwise they're useless? Sometimes grenades don't even get a single kill, why isn't anyone saying grenades are useless?
8 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM
Donator 22

I agree with you guys that the Molotov fuel price should be reduced because Soviets need T3 for T4.
8 Aug 2015, 11:34 AM
Donator 22

8 Aug 2015, 11:35 AM
Donator 22

sorry I keep pressing reply instead of edit:blush:
8 Aug 2015, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 10:51 AMRizza
We can increase ammo price. I just want a good grenade, like volks/grens/rilles have.
8 Aug 2015, 11:58 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 23:55 PMPlaguer
I think that the molotovs work the same way as flamers, aka cannot crit 50% or above healt models, that change pretty much made them shit, they should give back the crits

+1
8 Aug 2015, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 11:05 AMRizza

So what you're saying is a Molotov needs to kill half a squad otherwise they're useless? Sometimes grenades don't even get a single kill, why isn't anyone saying grenades are useless?

The only 2 times a grenade does not score a kill on a direct hit is when:
- The unit targeted is the Ostheer sniper (82hp vs 80 damage grenade).
- The unit is in green cover, which reduces explosive weapons damage by 50%.

There is no RNG involved in grenades, they always do the same damage when they hit; there is no 'sometimes a grenade does not kill' except when green cover is involved. Not dodging a (rifle)grenade will always yield in massive damage to the squad, and often will lead directly to squadwipes if the units are bunched up in yellow cover.

The molotov on the other hand are, as EtherealDragon so beautifully phrased it, like bottle of warm bath water. You don't get punished for not dodging it, the flame DPS isn't high and the crits only start to kick in when squad members are below 50% health. It's a useless ability; even against HMGs in buildings as the HMG can just kill 3~4 conscript at close range while you throw the thing, force your conscript to retreat, and then exit the building having only taken some damage from the flames.
8 Aug 2015, 15:23 PM

Perhaps give them their flame crit back. Everything fine.
8 Aug 2015, 15:30 PM

Give normal animation speed. Like other grenades. End.
8 Aug 2015, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 11:05 AMRizza

Well because they have a shitty range, slow animation, and they barely kill anything. Something might be wrong.
9 Aug 2015, 09:00 AM

I think the molotov doesn't share the same goal as a grenade, so I think it's wrong to compare them.
It can deny a certain area for a longer time and has a longer effect plus can fire up things, which a grenade can't.

But I haven't played the game for a while so I don't know about UP :)
14 Aug 2015, 17:59 PM

I 100% agree with a lot of the complaints of this thread. The problem I see Soviets have when it comes to the Molotov is that other than forcing units in cover or occupying a structure to move it has very little use. All other factions’ base infantry have access to grenades that can when used correctly punish opponents that are not paying attention. The Molotov simply does not do enough damage for its munitions cost to throw.
We have all seen a well-placed grenade or rifle grenade wipe a squad with one shot. When was the last time anyone saw a Molotov do that? They both cost the same to use why is one able to do so much more damage than the other for the same cost?
If they are not planning on buffing the stats on the Molotov (which is very probable) I would suggest that it should be automatically unlocked when T1 or T2 is built. Or as suggested before include it in the AT grenade unlock.
As of right now it’s a tool that is never used because it’s only useful in very specific situations and never makes back its cost in both time researching it and in the munitions cost to actually throw it in combat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★