Login

russian armor

Why no countdown for rifle nades?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
31 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 09:47 AMBlalord
Am i the only one getting sometimes "Invisible Rifle nades" ? i just see the explosion

You are not, happens for me as well. Occasionally I get invisible Volks grenades. No animation on throw or grenade. Suddenly timer appears and counts down.
31 Jul 2015, 15:17 PM

It has been nerfed in this patch. Vet 2 gives no bonus range. Case closed
31 Jul 2015, 15:35 PM

It's fine now since it doesn't have the vet 2 range buff
aaa
31 Jul 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 10:19 AMJohnnyB

Not even a horn and some flickering lights together with a big red warning sign won't be enough for hardcore scrub allied fanboys like him.

This thread I can't even...

go shit somewhere else sucker. I dont want to get invilved in that.
aaa
31 Jul 2015, 16:47 PM

its ok, but I think it needs nerfing its range by say 30-40% while supressed, so you can't just force retreat a maxim or wipe a 50cal from long range without taking any effort to flank mgs that already have 3x and 2x smaller cone of fire than mg42.

Imo vet0 range is enough for it. And make it researchable. BF1 is a part of tech building cost.
aaa
31 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

For example if I have 2 squads. There is no way you can know where its gonna fall.
31 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Spacebar works wonders when multiple engagements occurring.

And don't stand in yellow cover vs grens.
31 Jul 2015, 17:12 PM

Dunno why people don´t want to add a timer or better tracer like any other grenade. Or just remove the timer for all grenades because as far as I see, all grenades have an enough long animation.
aaa
31 Jul 2015, 17:22 PM

Spacebar works wonders when multiple engagements occurring.

And don't stand in yellow cover vs grens.

What is a spacebar? What it does?
I was talking about 1 engagements with 2 squads you see he fires grenade and move 1 squad away. Another squad get hit.
31 Jul 2015, 18:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 17:22 PMaaa

What is a spacebar? What it does?
I was talking about 1 engagements with 2 squads you see he fires grenade and move 1 squad away. Another squad get hit.

When your units are engaged, you press space bar to flick the camera between multiple engagement so you can micro multiple engagements at a time.

When unit say "GRENADE" press space bar and click anywhere on screen. Nade dodged.

You can also use control groups to "flick" the camera around and dodge.

Personally I just use the tacmap when a lot of shiet happening to flick around.
31 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You see the animation, hear the rifle going off and you see the nade fly.
I think that's enough as warning.

Problem is when there is no animation and the grenade call is late :P In some cases it's just better staying at green than trying to "late" dodge a nade.
31 Jul 2015, 19:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Can't fix stupid I guess. People can't realize that only vet 2 was the problem.
31 Jul 2015, 19:11 PM

Problem is when there is no animation and the grenade call is late :P In some cases it's just better staying at green than trying to "late" dodge a nade.

Agreed.

Also squad clumping makes American support weapon teams very vulnerable. The micro tax is much higher than other grenades and I think this unfair. Rifle grenades need to better transmit their purpose and firing.

How about instead of insulting people, we actually try to have a discussion?
31 Jul 2015, 19:30 PM

Agreed.

Also squad clumping makes American support weapon teams very vulnerable. The micro tax is much higher than other grenades and I think this unfair. Rifle grenades need to better transmit their purpose and firing.

I think Wher players underestimate how deadly all of their weapons, but especially grenadiers are to USF weapon teams. I hardly use any weapon team vs Ost because one a grenadier shows up in LOS of a USF team weapon it's toast - either with rifle nade or just shooting them.

It's more a problem with USF 4 man crews also having a +25% received accuracy debuff. Wher has best long range small arms so its natural for them to easily decrew USF weapons. More of a problem with received accuracy than Wher.

I think the RG situation is better than when it had the vet2 bonus. People say there's a long animation but I swear it comes out of nowhere sometimes. Maybe the animation is buggy or something.
31 Jul 2015, 19:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's what ive said before, in past rifle Nade OP threads
31 Jul 2015, 19:45 PM

Agreed.

They actually changed MG teams (of every faction) to use a delta formation to help guard against 1 shot squad wipes. Clumping causes issues because it makes 5-6 men squads as vulnerable as 4 man squads (although it's harder to clump 5 and 6 man squads than it is 4).

USF and OKW weapon teams should be bumped up to 5 men and MG's in general should not have received accuracy.
31 Jul 2015, 21:39 PM

I was going to complain about it's enourmous range...but after being Maxim spammed I changed my mind...it is good how it is,no need for changes
31 Jul 2015, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 17:02 PMaaa
For example if I have 2 squads. There is no way you can know where its gonna fall.

So you can move both of them a bit . So much micro needed . Your enemy gave 1/2 lmg away.
And you can even see where is nae firing (animation) so when you are not blobing as hell you know where is land.

Also please dont make triple posts please group them to 1.

OK back to topic.
Riflenades are fine , you can easilYy dodge them , there is long animation of firing nade ,then sound apper and even after sound and looking at trajectory of nade you can easily dodge it.
And by the way firing nades when there is multiple engangements if point of them.

I only dont like they can be fired throught shotblockers , whtich often lead to ugly squadwipe in midle of nowhere behind brush , while capping some point.

31 Jul 2015, 22:05 PM

It's more a problem with USF 4 man crews also having a +25% received accuracy debuff.

Does anyone know why that is? It seems kinda random to me for one faction to have more vulnerable weapons teams than everyone else.
31 Jul 2015, 22:27 PM

Does anyone know why that is? It seems kinda random to me for one faction to have more vulnerable weapons teams than everyone else.

Every faction has +25% more received accuracy on weapon crews. Now actually when you recrew something it no longer gets that and takes the received accuracy stats of the squad that crews it.

I am very much of the opinion it's a dumb mechanic on MG's.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS