Login

russian armor

Relic wants your vote about blizzards

29 Jul 2015, 23:42 PM
29 Jul 2015, 23:47 PM
Benefactor 115

I went for option three, Blizzards could be interesting if their impact was dialed back a bit.
29 Jul 2015, 23:51 PM

I would like to see a rework. I love the idea of fightting against the winter. But is always a break time and slows the action.

What about vision reduced and RoF reduced? or what about decreasing the amount of systematic blizzards to 1 only in the whole game?
30 Jul 2015, 00:06 AM

30 Jul 2015, 00:10 AM

Fine if dialed back in either effect or frequency.
30 Jul 2015, 00:16 AM

i like the idea if having weather it makes the game more dynamic as well as hampering combat effectiveness for both belligerents but as stated previously it should be toned down a little
30 Jul 2015, 00:27 AM

As long as I don't have to deal with troops freezing to death I will be happy.
30 Jul 2015, 00:30 AM

I like it as it is in the game. Adds an interesting dynamic to gameplay and was intended to showcase the brutal conditions of the Eastern Front. Just because Relic has expanded to Western Front territory doesn't mean that we should forget about the Eastern Front roots.
30 Jul 2015, 00:33 AM
Senior Editor Badge

30 Jul 2015, 00:36 AM
Donator 11

I would like to see a rework. I love the idea of fightting against the winter. But is always a break time and slows the action.

1+
30 Jul 2015, 00:37 AM

I think the blizzards should be kept in the game. They bring a fun dynamic that; if dialed back to only happening maybe one time a match and not causing troops to die, could be enjoyable. The lack of vision and maybe RoF decrease could be just what it needs.
30 Jul 2015, 01:41 AM

I voted for the third option in the poll.
The part that can offer neat and aggressive gameplay should stay--the reduced vision. Infantry can take good advantage of this to sneak around etc!

The rest can go home. No arty / planes unequally reduces the capacity of certain commanders / factions over the others. Not that maps don't do that by their nature anyways :D
Edit: dang it, now I'm conflicted because of my last line.
30 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Custom games, sure! Let people have fun with weather effects and RNG. It is a curse for automatch.
30 Jul 2015, 04:58 AM

Re-work would be best. Seriously, in-game blizzards would be an awesome addition if they didn't cause such a serious impact on everything in-game. Same goes with mud/deep snow. :foreveralone:

Sadly no rain. :guyokay:
30 Jul 2015, 05:26 AM

I think blizzards are great. They help recreate the great German winter offensive of 1941, when many thousands of Soviets succumbed to the cold and Germans had no problem moving in the deep snow (unlike the Russians who had obviously never experienced harsh winters before then). Blizzards are almost as good at the total air superiority that the Luftwaffe (CAS) enjoyed in the final days of WWII. /endsarcasm

I don't really believe that anyone at Relic is a closet neo-Nazi, but the way that Canada's Relic distorts history almost makes me feel good about US public schools.............
30 Jul 2015, 05:38 AM

I love realism. The more realism is reflected in a game, the more I will like the game. Who whines about blizzards should have to learn to deal with them because, for the hundreth time, COH2 should not be based just on APM. Player skill should be tested also around strategies and knowledge on when to attack and when to stay put. Player should learn how to adapt his strategy depending on map. And so on.

That is why while I admit that deep snow, blizzards, mud, ice, etc, are annoying features, I also think that a player should be prepared for such conditions. In life, you can't chose the moment when it's most convenient for you that certain things happen, you will have to adapt in order to progress and survive.

So learn to adapt.
30 Jul 2015, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 05:38 AMJohnnyB
I love realism. The more realism is reflected in a game, the more I will like the game. Who whines about blizzards should have to learn to deal with them because, for the hundreth time, COH2 should not be based just on APM. Player skill should be tested also around strategies and knowledge on when to attack and when to stay put. Player should learn how to adapt his strategy depending on map. And so on.

That is why while I admit that deep snow, blizzards, mud, ice, etc, are annoying features, I also think that a player should be prepared for such conditions. In life, you can't chose the moment when it's most convenient for you that certain things happen, you will have to adapt in order to progress and survive.

So learn to adapt.

Then if you want realism, make all Soviet units immune to blizzard instead of the OKW (who serverd on the western front) and make most Soviet units immune to deep snow, instead of Sturmpios.
30 Jul 2015, 06:10 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 05:38 AMJohnnyB

So learn to adapt.

if you want a semblance of realism go play Men of War.

CoH2 is about as arcade-y and fictional as it gets.
30 Jul 2015, 06:19 AM

Most of the time I don't agree with JohnnyB but now he is Goddamn right. If you want to take away everything that makes Coh unique go ahead, but you will turn the game into a Starcraft WW2 ripoff.
30 Jul 2015, 06:21 AM
Donator 11

Weather effects are great. Adds to the atmosphere and provide tactical options.

But please get rid of the freezing effects. Not only does it create annoying gameplay, but the UI-Icons for it look really crappy.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS