Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing/Calliope Debate

PAGES (12)down
29 Jul 2015, 10:46 AM

I dont care about Pershing, one simple Panther will scare it away.

But artillery on a medium... oh man that will be painfull to play against lol
29 Jul 2015, 10:56 AM
Donator 33

I think they will restrict calliope to 1 tank on the field at a time with a working main gun and all that fancy stuff

Even in COH 1 they had Pershing and Calliope in the same "commander", so we might see the same thing with COH 2 :snfCHVGame:
29 Jul 2015, 11:39 AM

Either Calliope or Pershing make perfect sense as late game, high CP, doctrinal finisher units. That's perfectly feasible, and not quite the same thing as arguing that the USF are broken without them.

There are other units from CoH1 that are conspicuous by their absence - the Marder, Funkwagen, Goliaths, Rangers, off the top of my head, and other elements that could conceivably be introduced, like the veteran sergeant, base sector heal, etc etc.

Any of these might be seen in expansions, and if Relic's model is to drip-feed units via commanders in the future, that's a perfectly reasonable approach. and good for us, because anticipation of future sales motivates them to continue active support.
29 Jul 2015, 11:59 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 11:39 AMsquippy

There are other units from CoH1 that are conspicuous by their absence - the Marder, Funkwagen, Goliaths, Rangers, off the top of my head, and other elements that could conceivably be introduced, like the veteran sergeant, base sector heal, etc etc.

I think you will find your tiny friend Goliath in your arsenal once the brits arrive :snfPeter:
29 Jul 2015, 13:13 PM

Your point?

just saying pro axis say is always our faults , no need to nothing new :p
29 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:48 AMSierra

I think the Brits might have gotten some lend-lease. Completely irrelevant anyway since less than a dozen of them ever actually saw and combat and half of that were destroyed in combat.

I'm no expert, but the wiki says that the U.S., the French, the Italians, and the soviets were the only operators. (The Soviets apparently got one and only one through lend lease.)

It's a game. Relic has ignored production numbers/combat history in the past (Ostwind, K-tiger, J-Tiger, T34-85, SU-100, PPSH, PTRS vs PTRD etc.) As far as I'm concerned, the only question is will this unit bring some interesting gameplay without wrecking the setting. I'm not convinced that adding Pershing will bring much, but I also don't think it'll wreck anything. It'll probably be a slightly heavier, slightly slower American Panther.
29 Jul 2015, 17:14 PM
Benefactor 392

The more that I begin to see is the lack of variety for the OKW and USF factions. As a whole it isn't just a USF issue or a OKW issue, weather A is op or B is op, it is the fact that there are certain builds that are in continuation that makes both gameplays bland and completely boring.

Many people know how to deal with build A, B, C, and or D.
while others struggle and blame balance or lack of this and that, or whatever.

The point in all of this is that variety is dead because people are doing the same thing over again because they feel there are limitations of things to do in both factions. When instead of trying to experiment weather or not they lose, people more or less worry about winning, because winning makes you awesome, winning is love, winning is life etc etc etc.

Hell i want to win, but i'd rather have an interesting game doing interesting things, winning comes third, having fun with random shit is second, and explosions are first.
30 Jul 2015, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 10:56 AMATCF
Even in COH 1 they had Pershing and Calliope in the same "commander", so we might see the same thing with COH 2 :snfCHVGame:

I really hope not, you'd never see anything else again.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 17:02 PMWygrif
SU-100

Wasn't common though? Production didn't start until September 1944. Although now that Relic is shifting from "1943-1944" to "1944-1945" to "Just 1945", they could add it.
30 Jul 2015, 05:04 AM

I had a feeling the M26 would ingame by virtue of its sheer demand at some point or another. Also lol@ppl still using the "late War" "limited Action seen" double standard.
30 Jul 2015, 05:22 AM

with the British forces coming into the fray USF is in dire need for new hardware and toys to play with. currently USF units are of hand-me-down quality. i just hope that after the release of the brits USF will have new units such as the M4A3E2 Jumbo, T34 Calliope, M24 Chaffee and the M26 Pershing to add more variety in late game
1 Aug 2015, 08:55 AM

psychologically seeing a allied heavy tank come into the field is big morale boast, the other factions get one so i see no harm of having this baby come into the field especially for USF
1 Aug 2015, 08:58 AM

My problem is just that the Jumbo and Xylophone are being neglected in favor of nostalgia units from CoH1. These nostalgia units are also appearing in British Forces in the form of Emplacements.
1 Aug 2015, 09:09 AM

My problem is just that the Jumbo and Xylophone are being neglected in favor of nostalgia units from CoH1. These nostalgia units are also appearing in British Forces in the form of Emplacements.

whether they are stronger, improved versions or just like they were in CoH:Opposing Fronts remains to be seen only time will tell. on a personal note i wish to see them improved given that currently axis have a serious edge over the allies on offense and defense grounds
1 Aug 2015, 09:29 AM

whether they are stronger, improved versions or just like they were in CoH:Opposing Fronts remains to be seen only time will tell. on a personal note i wish to see them improved given that currently axis have a serious edge over the allies on offense and defense grounds
You sound like a broken record. Saying something more often, does not make it a more valuable opinion. Axis late game has been nerfed into the ground. If you fail to utilize Soviet artillery-, infantry- and T-34/85-spam, it´s purely a matter of skill.
nee
1 Aug 2015, 10:21 AM

psychologically seeing a allied heavy tank come into the field is big morale boast, the other factions get one so i see no harm of having this baby come into the field especially for USF
Actually what tends to happen in my games is that I/we shake our heads when teammate decided to spend all his resources on a Tiger and usually nothing else, not even a cursory commitment to local defense. It could really go both ways.

Like I've said before, USF overall would probably be improved if more reconnaissance capabilities among stock units were used. The closest is M20, but it's a pecker car, and Stuart is a pecker tank that costs an arm and a leg, and not meant for recon role anyways. I bet something as small as tank commanders for Shermans would probably offer a bigger difference than a new big tank.
1 Aug 2015, 10:25 AM

Probably no one will agree with me, but I'd like to see the Pershing the same way OKW gets the King Tiger, after you unlock all the tiers. But you'd only be able to have one on the field, unlike OKW.

Because if it's put into a commander it won't help USF late game at all behind barely anyone will have it.
1 Aug 2015, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 10:25 AMF1sh
Probably no one will agree with me, but I'd like to see the Pershing the same way OKW gets the King Tiger, after you unlock all the tiers. But you'd only be able to have one on the field, unlike OKW.

Because if it's put into a commander it won't help USF late game at all behind barely anyone will have it.
Yeah, it's great idea. If Pershing will be in doc, everyone will be picking it, forgetting others docs. I think special upgrade for t0 to call in Pershing will be nice. After you tech major of course.
1 Aug 2015, 11:36 AM

Yeah, it's great idea. If Pershing will be in doc, everyone will be picking it, forgetting others docs. I think special upgrade for t0 to call in Pershing will be nice. After you tech major of course.

It's not best solution. KT is locked behind all techs cause it's A-move machine. High damage, high armor, great agasint armor and infantry.

Pershing woulnd not be like this. It would be slower Panther or something like Tiger with worse AI power.

Picking it and not using other docs? Really? No upgrades for Rifles, no P47 etc etc etc. If everyone would pick Pershing, it would very easy to counter since you know what enemy will do.
1 Aug 2015, 11:49 AM

It's not best solution. KT is locked behind all techs cause it's A-move machine. High damage, high armor, great agasint armor and infantry.

Pershing woulnd not be like this. It would be slower Panther or something like Tiger with worse AI power.

Picking it and not using other docs? Really? No upgrades for Rifles, no P47 etc etc etc. If everyone would pick Pershing, it would very easy to counter since you know what enemy will do.
Pershing will be locked too, you need to t1 or t2, t3 and special upgrade and then you can call pershing, I think it is fair. Why do you think that in Pershing doc will be no upgrades for rifles or p47?
1 Aug 2015, 12:57 PM

Pershing will be locked too, you need to t1 or t2, t3 and special upgrade and then you can call pershing, I think it is fair. Why do you think that in Pershing doc will be no upgrades for rifles or p47?

And how do you know that?

Ok, imagine there is no King Tiger but Panther in OKW HQ, and you need to set all trucks to get it. Would you think it's fair that you must get all trucks to unlock Panther? Panther is not iWin unit (KT isnt as well, but it can be sometimes) and Pershing would not be either.

King Tiger is step higher than IS2 and Tiger, while they should be a bit higher than Pershing.

Because Pershing+P47+1919 might be OP?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight