Login

russian armor

A personal view on balance

26 Jul 2015, 19:27 PM

Hi folks,

i would like to talk about some stuff in CoH2 that is sometimes kinda strange, odd or it just do nit fit my expectations.
I am just going to start, but please be reminded that this is only a personal view on the stuff, so please do not troll, flame or disbehave in anyway and instead give constructive criticism and opinions about that stuff.

I am starting with the US here:
  • Lieutenant - personally i dislike the unit because it is just a normal Rifle-Squad with a B.A.R right from the start. Instead i would like to see something like an aura (*cough* Brit Lieutenant *cough*) with maybe better accuracy (5%) and ability like heroic charge buffing the damage about 5%.

• M2HB .50 cal HMG - in my opinion, the Vet 1 ability Sprint should be replaced with AP rounds or maybe suppressive fire ability. The only HMG that should be able to Sprint is an .30 cal that is not ingame.

• Captain - same here with the Lieutenant. It offers nothing but Bazookas from the start with skills that they do not even hit the broad side of a barn. An aura with a defensive bonus (5% less received dmg or accuracy) would bring it in a better position.

• Major - another useless unit. I would like to see the Vet 3 Ability (lockdown sector) moved to Vet 1 and at Vet 3 it gives an bonus for the complete secotr (10% less damage) This would buff the Major and worth to vet the unit up and have it on frontline duty. Also the artillery from the Major should be fixed.

US Call Ins
  • Pathfinders - should have Infiltration or parachute option (aren't they the first ones on the battlefield?) and maybe an Ability (suppressing shot / assasination like in AA Campaign)

• I&R Pathfinders - have same stats as normal Pathfinders (this sniper shot)

• Paratrooper Support Squad - same stats as normal Paratroopers (passive healing with Vet2) or changed to a Weapon Support Squad armed with Recoiless Rifles and some automatic weaponry, making them unique compared to normal Paratroopers.

Commander Changes:
    Elite Rifleman Company - i find it odd that the Elite Rifleman Company got a better tank than the US Armor Company. I would like to see the Rifleman Company more based on light tank destroyers like M10 (optional) or a heavy breakthrough tank - the Sherman Jumbo - instead of an Easy Eight.

Armor Company - as stated above. Armor Company has worse armor than Rifle Company? Let them receive the glorious Easy Eight tank.

In General - the US Companies should be reworked to a more harmonious faction.
    Add the M2 60mm Mortar to US!

Oberkommando West

• Rename Panzer IV Ausf. J to Ausf. H (Ausf. J had the turret engine replaced by fuel tanks, Ausf. H got an turret traverse engine)
    So with the buffs for turret rotation and fast rotating is bullshit while it was in fact hand cranked!

OKW Call Ins

• Sturmtiger - NahVW Grenade should be better like S-Mines from CoH1 Tiger Ace Campaign or something. Ever saw somebody using this ability with effect?

• Panzerfüsiliere - sometimes they do not fire the AT grenade (bug?)

• MG34 HMG - i would like to see a price increase and stats nearer to MG42

• Jäger Light Infantry Recon Squad - Vet1 Field First Aid replaced with passive cloak, Vet 2 (Ambushd dealing more damage out of camo), maybe upgrade for one G43 more fore interrogation ability (they are behind enemy lines as recon, aren't they?)

• Fallschirmjäger - i really dislike the unit compared to the Fallschirmjäger from CoH1. The unit clumping is terrible, therefore gaining a lot of squad wipes. Also what really grinds me gears is the FG42 behaving like an sub machine gun like a modern MP7. This is still firing the same bullet as the K98k with a big punch and shooting it fully automatic is kinda hard, or at most small bursts. Change the more to the small firing, hard hitting FG42 from CoH1. Make them as an upgrade. If this is not possible, maybe make them more effective with upgradeable Scope / Bipod as it was outfitted with.

• Sturmofficer - no vet at all? Sucks kinda...

• FlaK Emplacements - no Vet (why not like in CoH1, so better surviveability or better accuracy/damage). It is expensive, not hitting a barn and only shooting into the ground. Just fix it!

Soviet Union

Before crying bias or something, i have to say that in my humble opinion the Soviet Union is the strongest faction from all. It has with the recently buffed units and extended Inf vs. Inf combat really good units, tactics and commanders.

• M5 Halftrack with Quad - it is expensive yeah and therefor you should get something for it. Still i think it is too heavy. It should have a small set up time (like AA HT from US) or damage/suppression nerf on the move. Also killing an SdKfz 222 which got an 20mm dealing not that much damage compared to the Quad .50 cal is kinda too much. 20mm should win this engagement.

• SU76m - i do not know it correctly, but does it the same damage as the SU-85? This makes no sense for me...

• ML-20 artillery - should have less range, and lower rate of fire (=less shots) while having the damage. As the ingame description said, the lFH18 should have higher rate of fire, more range, less damage. I think this would fit the asymmetrical balance.

• M-42 45mm AT Gun - maybe aimed shot ability or tead breaker making this thing finally useful.

Wehrmacht

• 10,5cm leFH18 Artillery - other way round with the ML-20. Range stays the same (ML-20 shortend), same rate of fire or small buff, damage stays the same.

• SdKfz 221 / 222 - personally i disliked the change and the drop of the 221. In my opinion they just should have been adjusted. SdKfz221 with the performance from the 222 (damage against infantry) would have been okay, while the upgrade 222 really would have a punch against light vehicles like M5 etc dealing serious damage with the 20mm and maybe small armor buff (M3/M5 level). Than the upgrade would have been worth it and still both units useable. Maybe OP, but i think it is possible to balance, it is just a fast shot. I just dislike it to drop a good model.

• Panzerwerfer '42 - any stuff to say about this unit? Just buff it, seriously.

Wehrmacht Call Ins

• Assault Grenadiers - Vet 1 Field First AId replace with received accuracy or more weapon range since they scale very bad

• Artillery Field Officer - Vet 1 Field First Aid replaced with Propaganda (CoH1 Officer with Propaganda Sounds if you guys remember

• Stormtroopers - Vet1 Field First Aid removed (you see i really dislike this Vet bonus for all infantry) and change it to Evasive Maneuver or extra Dmg when firing from Ambush)

• SdKfz 250 - i really miss the old SdKfz250 Infantry Halftrack from CoH1, and seriously, where is the fucking MG42 facing to the front? It is expensive, got low armor and not even self defense like a normal M3, SdKfz251, WC51 Jeep or whatever. Remodel it Relic with an MG42 facing to the front and buff the armor to the level of M3/M5 (bullet proof)

So guys, that are my prosposals so far. I hope it is not biased and you do not flame me and instead discuss seriously about that stuff.

Greetings
    Spielführer

26 Jul 2015, 19:33 PM
Donator 11

Officer aura abilities was the worst from part of coh1 so why bring it back? Supression immunity and damage buff auras only promotes blobbing and bad play.
26 Jul 2015, 20:32 PM

Too much coh1 in this thread, keep coh2 different
26 Jul 2015, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 19:33 PMspajn
Officer aura abilities was the worst from part of coh1 so why bring it back? Suppression immunity and damage buff auras only promotes blobbing and bad play.

Personally I think the bonuses should get weaker the more people you have in one area.

Anyway yeah, the auras are bad. We shouldn't promote blobbing with them.
26 Jul 2015, 21:44 PM
Patrion 14

No more aura units. I dont want CoH1 Brits over again...
26 Jul 2015, 22:09 PM
Benefactor 115

Do you guys remeber that Sturm Offizier (why isn't he just an 'Officer'?) exists?

Not saying he's OP (actually, he's terrible). Just want his aura out of the game (and his name changed :( )
27 Jul 2015, 16:17 PM

No aura's please.
27 Jul 2015, 17:33 PM

Good post. I definitelly agree with most points.

About auras: Worst thing from CoH1 was german buyable vet system. I dont think it is bad idea to have some stuff from CoH1 in CoH2 (BTW most of the codebase is same anyway. The so called essnce 3 engine is updated essnce 2). If something workded well in CoH1 why not use it. US is forced to blob anyway - but even auras can be balanced and made well.

I personally would like to see more diversity in US gameplay. I am tired off facing the same strategy all day long. 4 Rifles -> Captaian -> Major -> Easy Eight's

@DustBucket: So Relic should also remove Sherman aura?
27 Jul 2015, 17:45 PM

SU76m - i do not know it correctly, but does it the same damage as the SU-85? This makes no sense for me...

It's 120(140 with vet 2) vs 160.
27 Jul 2015, 17:46 PM

A personal view on balance?

More like "WHAT I THINK THE FACTIONS SHOULD BE REDESIGNED INTO"

Oh btw, this wont even reach relic.
27 Jul 2015, 20:20 PM

it would be nice, but as far as auras go that one is understandable, especially since I find the Sherman to be very micro intensive.

27 Jul 2015, 20:28 PM

Too much coh1 in this thread, keep coh2 different

+1

it would be nice, but as far as auras go that one is understandable, especially since I find the Sherman to be very micro intensive.

The Sherman aura honestly doesn't do much imo.

Off Topic: Love your sig. :wub:
27 Jul 2015, 20:31 PM

Off Topic: Love your sig. :wub:

lol thanks i'm flattered.
27 Jul 2015, 20:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 22:09 PMKisiel
Do you guys remeber that Sturm Offizier (why isn't he just an 'Officer'?) exists?

Not saying he's OP (actually, he's terrible). Just want his aura out of the game (and his name changed :( )

Well, to be fair, he's an Offizier for the same reason he's also Sturm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United States 11
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak