Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger breaks the game

PAGES (8)down
11 Aug 2015, 15:44 PM

Axis fanboy logic

-ISU 152 = RULIIIC DAT THING CANT ONESHOT SQUADS :*(

-MORTAR 120 = RUUUULIIC PORYGON SAID THAT HE'S DONE WITH IT STOP THAT MEEESSS :(

-ML 20 = RAAALIC WTFFF LeFH don't do same damaaaage, NO MATTER ABOUT 50mm shells differences !! :crazy: #alexv #no counter #lel

-B4 = DAAAT FUCKN UNIT IS A GAME BRAAAAKUR, ITS PEN MY KRUUPSTAAAHL.

-KATYU = OMG CREEPING BARRAGE, MY STUKA ZU FUSS SO BROOOKEEEN

SU 76 = WAAAALIC GIVE 200 MUNI TO THIS GAMEBREAKER INDIRECT FIRE !!

-Sturmtiger : Oneshotting 10 squads from the FOW ? Work as intented™ :snfBarton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rLfc6Mn2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2HsoCPqig

Oh the Hypocrisy in the forum.
11 Aug 2015, 18:38 PM

ITT:
I USE BLOBS AND BLOBS ONLY!
plz nurf relic!
11 Aug 2015, 20:36 PM
Patrion 14

I'm on the fence on the sturmtiger. I honestly think it can be fine, as soon as they fix the *********** ******* ******** reload bug.
11 Aug 2015, 22:29 PM

Permanently Banned
If only it could shoot through anything except buildings and heavy forests. Then it would be perfect. But I'd rather it shoot through anything than slam into a bush and prematurely explode, every time.

Cursed game engine.

I fail to see how making it shoot at an angle like a mortar would not work. Sure the rocket would take longer to come down but make it silent and give it 50 range? idk.
12 Aug 2015, 00:59 AM
Donator 11

It is in the worst commander choice for OKW. In 1v1 it is likely the only heavy vehicle you will see, and you can plan around that. In team games, especially ones with lots of shotblockers, I can see how it would be frustrating.

However, I don't understand this kind of debate, because it was changed so little and has probably become more rare. I agree going through shot blockers is kind of dumb, maybe make it cost munitions like ISU?

If you can damage the engine it is good as dead.
12 Aug 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 18:56 PMJadame!
Only ISU allowed to wipe squads.
12 Aug 2015, 07:45 AM

I think the 45 range was necessary but I'm not a fan of the sturmtiger shooting through buildings because there is no counterplay there. Take that away and it is probably fine.
12 Aug 2015, 08:12 AM

I've to follow Cabreza on that one. It's fine if it can't shoot through buildings. I've won too many games because of that. 2 Days ago I had 3 Shermans in 1 shot with the sturmtiggie tiggie. I like it's dmg, aoe and stuff, but it becomes too good with the shooting through buildings.
12 Aug 2015, 14:24 PM

In my opinion:

- Shot passing through buildingis is not necessary
- Passing through little object (tree/bushes) is necessary
- Passing through 1 Centimeter upper terrain in front of Sturmtiger is necessary (aka invisible obstacle)
12 Aug 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 33

I fail to see how making it shoot at an angle like a mortar would not work. Sure the rocket would take longer to come down but make it silent and give it 50 range? idk.

If it gives you enough time to dodge (assuming you're watching) that would be epic, hilarious, and probably less frustrating.
12 Aug 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2015, 14:24 PMBlalord
In my opinion:

- Shot passing through buildingis is not necessary
- Passing through little object (tree/bushes) is necessary
- Passing through 1 Centimeter upper terrain in front of Sturmtiger is necessary (aka invisible obstacle)

Those things can't be distinguished from each other. You either shoot through shot blockers or you don't. The unit itself won't work without shooting through shotblockers because it's shell is so huge it detonates on even the tinniest little world objects.

I think the 45 range was necessary but I'm not a fan of the sturmtiger shooting through buildings because there is no counterplay there. Take that away and it is probably fine.

See above
12 Aug 2015, 17:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You can hear it... it's really loud, even through Fog of War.
12 Aug 2015, 17:30 PM

If it's rocket can penetrate through buildings then it shouldn't explode on the first enemy unit it contacts and rather just blast through to its intended AoE.

Had a number of rockets explode in their path due to hitting an enemy M3 and thus screening the intended targets.
13 Aug 2015, 04:06 AM

You can hear it... it's really loud, even through Fog of War.

yes it is very loud but how much time you have to react? around 0.5-1sec i think
13 Aug 2015, 04:11 AM

yes it is very loud but how much time you have to react? around 0.5-1sec i think

The aim time on the Sturmtiger is like 5-6 seconds.
13 Aug 2015, 05:50 AM

Those things can't be distinguished from each other. You either shoot through shot blockers or you don't. The unit itself won't work without shooting through shotblockers because it's shell is so huge it detonates on even the tinniest little world objects.

Now I'm not 100% certain but I believe that ignoring shot-blocking and the ability to pierce world objects are two separate abilities.

From the September 2014 patch:

The Sturmtiger previously suffered from a number of usability issues related to its ability to hit its target. The shell tended to collide prematurely with world objects resulting in an unintended ignition of the ammunition. By modifying the shell to ignore shot blocking and pierce, these occurrences will no longer occur. However, this has resulted in an improvement to the unit’s efficiency and utility, as it can now be used to fire through anything within the world.
Now ignores shot blocking
Now pierces through world objects
Barrage can no longer be used on a specific target; it will only take a position within the world. This prevents it from homing in on a selected unit.
Barrage range from 45 to 40

The way the abilities are listed it seems they are separate variables relic can tweek. It would be great if our stats lord and savior Cruzz could confirm whether this is the case or not.

The aim time on the Sturmtiger is like 5-6 seconds.

The aim time of the sturmtiger is 0.25 seconds although that doesn't take into account the time it takes for the sturmtiger to rotate in order to get on target.
13 Aug 2015, 06:06 AM

I was counting it having to raise the gun. But the aim time isn't just .25 seconds. That would mean it has one of the fastest aim times of any gun in the game.

Now ignores shot blocking
Now pierces through world objects

This was because it detonated on literally everything before the change, and it could previously track targets at 50 range. This was broken for very obvious reasons so they reduced the range on it and gave it the ability to hit through shot blockers as a way of fixing the gun and giving it something in return for the fact it could no longer track targets.

13 Aug 2015, 06:18 AM

This was because it detonated on literally everything before the change, and it could previously track targets at 50 range. This was broken for very obvious reasons so they reduced the range on it and gave it the ability to hit through shot blockers as a way of fixing the gun and giving it something in return for the fact it could no longer track targets.

Right but you see my point that relic lists ignoring shot blocking and piercing through world objects as two separate entries. That suggest it should be possible to adjust it's ability to ignore shot blocking independently from it's ability to pierce through world objects.

I was counting it having to raise the gun. But the aim time isn't just .25 seconds. That would mean it has one of the fastest aim times of any gun in the game.

The fire delay (sturmtiger raising its gun) is 3 second, not 5-6.
13 Aug 2015, 06:25 AM

So... It's loud, and from the click to to landing rocket it needs 4.50s (not 6) well, so what's the problem with B4 then? You can hear when it shoots and from that sound you have 6.50 (2 more secs) till shell will hit.

But still, 6.50s is the time for enemy since the sound, but there is also 1sec between clicking and firing so in fact you have almost 7.50secs to move if you are blessed with RNG feeling or 6.50sec to move most value units.

Bring back precision strike! :megusta:

And B4 90ammo strike is not going thourh shot blocker :foreveralone:
Or did the change it finally? I belive they did not (havent used B4 for ages)
13 Aug 2015, 06:26 AM

It has to be able to go through shot blockers because the shell would detonate because of the ground being slightly higher than a perfect plane. It has to be able to go through world objects because the shell would detonate on every single tiny fence, barrel, and post.

Regardless, it's used now to good effect. Counters exist; is it a gimmicky unit? Oh yeah. But it's not unbeatable.

In conclusion;

Only ISU allowed to wipe squads.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Sweden 26
Poland 9
United States 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #