Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your units - .55 CAL Sniper

24 Jul 2015, 15:27 PM

@Katitof
From the video, it looks like his camo is actually pretty good (he ran out of cover and stayed camo'd for bit after). Does the sniper get buffed camo when he vets up or the such? Sort of like how the Pathfinders get better camo when they reach vet 3, but it's not mentioned.
25 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM

@Katitof
From the video, it looks like his camo is actually pretty good (he ran out of cover and stayed camo'd for bit after). Does the sniper get buffed camo when he vets up or the such? Sort of like how the Pathfinders get better camo when they reach vet 3, but it's not mentioned.

I don't think anybody except Relic can tell you what the unit will be like when it ships. I didn't find it particularly good (fun but not super powerful) when I was using it but who knows what it's like now.
25 Jul 2015, 09:55 AM

@Katitof

Wait until you see his re-cloak time.

His camo is as good as putting him in correct position, once you start shooting, its out for good.
25 Jul 2015, 10:54 AM

Hmmmm... I guess the Sniper won't be as good as I thought. I was hoping that he would do 40 damage per shot against vehicles and fire as quickly as an UN-Vetted Ostheer Sniper with a Critical Shot Ability. Oh well... He'll still have his uses when supported with PIATs.
25 Jul 2015, 21:54 PM

Oh well... He'll still have his uses when supported with PIATs.

No, he supports the PIATs with his critical shot ability. Otherwise, failPIATs.

At least in Alpha, which is why Relic gave Brits an effective AT weapon in terms of firepower.
25 Jul 2015, 22:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We all remember when PTRSes got buffed and people complained they were being used like sniper rifles right
25 Jul 2015, 22:11 PM

I think that the Critical Shot will only damage the engine. I can only imagine the passions it would stir if it did more than that. Destroying the tracks would be nice for me but not the opponent.

Everything will be fine.
25 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 22:06 PMVuther
We all remember when PTRSes got buffed and people complained they were being used like sniper rifles right
Maybe that's where Relic got the idea for the British Sniper. :D
25 Jul 2015, 22:25 PM

It's okay Axis fanboys! You can come out now! It's only a one-man squad!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★