Login

russian armor

How do i?

20 Jul 2015, 04:56 AM
Donator 11

Counter guard spam, 120's, double sniper and katy on Road to Kharkov?
I tried using triple mg's then rush to p4 but he just sniped the mgs, or 120'd them to death.
When i finally got my p4 out he had double 85 =/
I'm so excited for the new patch. No more soviet call in spam.
20 Jul 2015, 05:20 AM
20 Jul 2015, 05:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Karkov is insta-win axis map, You must have fucked up.

replay?
20 Jul 2015, 05:37 AM

Karkov is insta-win axis map, You must have fucked up.

replay?

o_O
Don't confuse new players Queen.

Outlawstar, Kharkov is in fact a heavily Allied-favoured map, particularly if Allies get the Eastern starting position since the Western cutoff offers multiple flanking routes, lots of green cover and an LOS blocker in front of the capping zone, making it easy to harass and successively defend for the Allied player. Against double snipers/Guards/120s (I am a heavy user of that) perhaps the strongest counterbuild is to go for an extended T1 with lots of Grens (5-6) into a HT with CAS. As soon as you have the HT on the field, make use of redistribute resources and equip your grens with LMGs en masse. This can afford you massive field presence and in fact allows you to push a double sniper build off the map by simply outreinforcing it. However, by all means invest into a minesweeper as well. Any competent user of said build will spam mines and demos wherever he can.

An alternative is to rush a PIV or Ostwind, especially if you get the feeling that your opponent, instead of teching, is stalling for his 85s. However, if you do that it is absolutely imperative to backtech in time, get 1 or even 2 Paks out and invest into the occasional Teller, quite simply because the 85s with mark target will faceroll any unsupported piece of Ostheer armour, to include a Panther.

An MG is generally a bad idea against this build and in fact a liability.
20 Jul 2015, 06:19 AM

Guards will be nerfed tomorrow.
T34/85 will be delayed tomorrow.

Still Kharkov north is a pain in the neck especially for Axis players.
I somehow like this map but that cutoff point is a joke.
20 Jul 2015, 06:20 AM

o_O
Don't confuse new players Queen.

Outlawstar, Kharkov is in fact a heavily Allied-favoured map, particularly if Allies get the Eastern starting position since the Western cutoff offers multiple flanking routes, lots of green cover and an LOS blocker in front of the capping zone, making it easy to harass and successively defend for the Allied player. Against double snipers/Guards/120s (I am a heavy user of that) perhaps the strongest counterbuild is to go for an extended T1 with lots of Grens (5-6) into a HT with CAS. As soon as you have the HT on the field, make use of redistribute resources and equip your grens with LMGs en masse. This can afford you massive field presence and in fact allows you to push a double sniper build off the map by simply outreinforcing it. However, by all means invest into a minesweeper as well. Any competent user of said build will spam mines and demos wherever he can.

An alternative is to rush a PIV or Ostwind, especially if you get the feeling that your opponent, instead of teching, is stalling for his 85s. However, if you do that it is absolutely imperative to backtech in time, get 1 or even 2 Paks out and invest into the occasional Teller, quite simply because the 85s with mark target will faceroll any unsupported piece of Ostheer armour, to include a Panther.

An MG is generally a bad idea against this build and in fact a liability.

^This, but don't expect your opponent to just sit there and 'take' your gren spam, so be prepared.
20 Jul 2015, 06:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Well it goes both ways, if allies can get a hold of your cutoff point then its allied favored. If axis spam mgs, then its axis favored.
20 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1v1 or 2v2?

BTW, you shouldn't be scared about 120mm after the nerf.
20 Jul 2015, 15:06 PM

Generally said,a mobile force is better to fight against snipers.
You played in his hands with your triple mg strat,better go grens into some light vehicles.
Don't risk too much,compared to the OH sniper you can bleed him a lot by just killing always 1 sniper model(90 mp).
Ostwind to force snipers away and tellers on choke points to have a safe retreat path.
With your mobile force its easier to close pockets.
20 Jul 2015, 15:31 PM

When they say that it will come 10am PST tuesday, does it mean that Berlin timezone will get it on wednesday?
20 Jul 2015, 15:41 PM

When they say that it will come 10am PST tuesday, does it mean that Berlin timezone will get it on wednesday?

Around 6-7pm the patch will be online for Europe on tuesday.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★