Login

russian armor

Jacksons glancing a lot

19 Jul 2015, 18:49 PM

Maybe this will seem like a rant but the Jackson seem to glance so god damn much. I just had a game where my jackson glaced on his king tigers frontal armor 4 times in a row, I then went to flank it and glanced on its rear armor 3 out of 4 shots. His panzershrek blob then came and instantly wiped out my jackson.

I know king tiger costs a lot of fuel and such, but the jackson is only good for one thing, destroying tanks, and it glances too much to do so. The same thing happens with Panthers, a 1v1 panther vs jackson, jackson almost has no chance. Panther will take like 5 or 6 hits while jackson takes like 2 or 3, and the panther almost never glances while the jackson seems glances every other shot.

While i'm ranting, I'd like to throw in that a plane crashed in my base and wiped out 3 vet 3 rifle squads, can't wait for planes to get nerfed. :)
19 Jul 2015, 18:55 PM

No Jacksons are shit.
19 Jul 2015, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 19:32 PMAlec

Troll post

I quess you havent played Coh2 when jackson had 33% propability penetrating panther max range
19 Jul 2015, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Shrecks can't instantly kill a jackson unless it gets hit 4x at once. Jackson has more than a good chance to pen a king tiger despite being less than half the cost. Chance to bounce off a kings rear armor is incredibly low.
19 Jul 2015, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

If you're allowing enemy panther to shoot at your jackson you're using it completly wrong. Jackson has more range and should kite it.
19 Jul 2015, 21:48 PM

Had to check the date this was posted to make sure it wasn't from 2 patches ago :P

Jacksons are fine. You should check out some of "Jacksons are OP" threads on here. Anyway, 3-4 bounced shots in a row is bad RNG but any higher Pen % and it would be unbalanced for it's cost. 1v1 Jackson vs. Panther isn't really the measure you want to use; you NEVER want a Jackson exchanging fire with a Panther. They are a glass cannon that should fire at max range while screened with infantry/ meatshield tanks and should not be used as if they are tanks.
19 Jul 2015, 23:46 PM
Donator 11

The jackson only has 10 more range than the panther and by the time u get one shot off you have to pull it back or it blows up. The jackson (while packing a punch) is a pretty alright unit, it misses a lot and oftentimes gets steamrolled by large shrekblobs that kill it in 3 hits.

Even a well micro'd jackson requires to much work for it to be as cost effective as a panther.
19 Jul 2015, 23:48 PM

The terrible vehicle pathing in this game doesn't help the jackson much either.
20 Jul 2015, 00:41 AM
Patrion 27

The Jackson is so damn clunky the pathing is a nightmare on the wrong maps. I want to see M10 Wolverine non-doctrinal.
20 Jul 2015, 06:22 AM
Patrion 28

frankly i think you just had bad luck but just about every allied unit has issues with the armour of VI Bs. as long as the jacksons have LoS and don't get stuck on things they're quite effective against VI/VI B though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
Germany 46
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak