Login

russian armor

Medium callins are fixed, but...

18 Jul 2015, 17:22 PM

Amazing how tolerant the mods are here.

Every single discussion turns into a game of insults and sarcasm, and it's always incited by the same person(s).

I understand the companyofheroes.com forums are pretty much ghetto with little to no administration, but here...sigh
18 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

First day on internet?
18 Jul 2015, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 16:57 PMKatitof
Only 430 fuel for 2nd T34/85?

Dude, you're fucking retarded.

Can't say it different way.

It costs 430 fuel to get two PIV' for Ostheer which are weaker tanks and don't come with skirts so uh, lol. Dude you really need to take a chill pill.
18 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 17:27 PMJadame!
First day on internet?
Civility isn't that much to ask for.

On the topic, the only thing that perplexes me is why other call-in mediums (StuG E, Command Pz4, Ost Puma, Command Panther, OKW Ostwind, M4C Sherman, KV-1, KV-8, Armour Company, etc.) haven't been similarly limited. I guess it's a matter of not over-complicating things and just touching the units which are seen as call-in meta problematic.

I'm not up-in-arms about it, but it's something to think about.
18 Jul 2015, 18:22 PM

Permanently Banned

It costs 430 fuel to get two PIV' for Ostheer which are weaker tanks and don't come with skirts so uh, lol. Dude you really need to take a chill pill.

Wasn't the whole point of okw that they can't build as many vehicles, thus relying on unit preservation and gaining veterancy.
18 Jul 2015, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 16:57 PMKatitof
Only 430 fuel for 2nd T34/85?

Dude, you're fucking retarded.

Only 430 fuel for 2nd Ost P4?

Only 440 fuel for 2nd E8?

Dude, get your facts straight.

18 Jul 2015, 19:38 PM

OKW is the best faction to fight against massed medium armor.
At the arrvival of a T34/85 you already should have prepared with at least 2-3 shreks and 1 or 2 raketen which you will need to not get stomped by T3.
I can't see a problem at all.
Ost got tellers and paks or early stug.
18 Jul 2015, 19:44 PM

At the arrvival of a T34/85 you already should have prepared with at least 2-3 shreks and 1 or 2 raketen which you will need to not get stomped by T3.

Unsupported mediums maybe, but the new maxim can suppress blobs now and the rackten when suppressed has a very poor ROF. T34/85's on there own are manageable, but when followed up by a horde of guards and support weapons...

People really need to get over this "obviously you can beat this when on it's own" idea of thinking. Nobody sends in tanks by themselves unless they are nuts :S
18 Jul 2015, 19:46 PM

Permanently Banned

Unsupported mediums maybe

People really need to get over this "obviously you can beat this when on it's own" idea of thinking.

Read what you type next time.
18 Jul 2015, 19:58 PM

With the new patch Ostheer is going to have a really solid early game, so giving room to SU and US in mid game to use their medium tanks doesn't sound incredible to me, Ostheer still have T4 panther to dominate them + potential Tiger in the long run while a Sov player or a US players will have nothing more powerful than T34-85/Ez8 if they choose those doctrines.

OKW is the faction that can build fast shreck + raken and in its T1 has the medium tank best hardcounter unit: jpz4.

Not saying the patch will not show some balance issues in the long run but so far with what we have here, nothing sound wrong.
18 Jul 2015, 20:29 PM

Yes, i did, and i still believe that the medium call in commanders will dominate the meta.

You mean like how medium tanks were the most prevalent armored vehicle in the actual war?
18 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

Did you really think that i am not taking this into account ?
Of course i did,where's your mg ? Do you blob so hard that 1 or 2 maxims can suppress all of your squads ? Raketen has,if you didnt know,awesome camo.
18 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

Read what you type next time.

The two statements are logically consistent. OKW can handle unsupported mediums but most good players support their mediums giving OKW a hard time.

One thing that would help immensely would be giving the MG34 it's old damage back and just raising the cost.
18 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM

Katitof, you find a better way to express yourself.

1 post invised.
18 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM

The only problem with heavies was that players could get more than one heavy at the same time, which usually ended with gren spam + 2 Tigers, and maybe some pak, and soviets just had cons + IS-2's, now when each player gets 1 heavy at the same time it's already a big nerf, CP increase by 2 for all heavies is also very good because sometimes 11-12 CP's were gained so quickly

T34-85 and E8 call-ins were the most retarded things ever, thank you Relic for fixing this crap after 3 years
18 Jul 2015, 21:20 PM

Permanently Banned

The two statements are logically consistent. OKW can handle unsupported mediums but most good players support their mediums giving OKW a hard time.

One thing that would help immensely would be giving the MG34 it's old damage back and just raising the cost.

No. You have a hard time. Med armor is the last thing okw should fear. Supported armor in general is more difficult to deal with. But who cares? You should be rewarded for properly supporting your units.
18 Jul 2015, 21:30 PM

No. You have a hard time. Med armor is the last thing okw should fear. Supported armor in general is more difficult to deal with. But who cares? You should be rewarded for properly supporting your units.

IS2's and such are fairly simple to deal with. OKW is weak to massed medium armor because OKW will always have less tanks than the enemy. Add in the synergy Guards Motor was with guards + 120's + mark target + 85's and shit starts looking pretty grim for an OKW player in 1's and 2's

There just isn't much counter play available for OKW when your best indirect fire units is locked behind a quite extraordinary cost making pushes against MG walls difficult, and the MG34 got it's teeth ripped out last patch albiet now it can at least do decent blob control with suppression.

So far from the Alpha and Balance Patch my verdict is that OKW is in a better place than before, but still lacks the tools it needs to truly function as well as other Ostheer does.
18 Jul 2015, 21:45 PM

The problem with OKW when fighting 85 spam compared to ost is

A: you have less munitions and a worse AT mine at gets detonated by a wondering con right when you need it most (unlike tellers)

B: an under performing AT gun compared to all other factions (much smaller arc which is the main issue vs fast meduims)

C: complete lack of a vehicle snare on core infantry (this is a big one, and results in most situations the soviet player driving over your volks for fun which is pretty easy with 85's health pool)

Ost can survive with core infantry and AT guns which OKW just can't do, unless you have a Jagdpanzer or Panther you are pretty much hopeless.
18 Jul 2015, 21:55 PM

Permanently Banned

IS2's and such are fairly simple to deal with. OKW is weak to massed medium armor because OKW will always have less tanks than the enemy.

Thats where the issue comes in. Please explain how allies are supposed to win without spamming better infantry via call-ins and spamming med tanks? Its time that you learn how to play, honestly. Relic's choice of reducing the cost of the t34, t34/85, and ez8, confirms what I am saying. Relic is telling you to l2p indirectly by giving OKW a p4 and cloak on the reketen.

#adapt
18 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 21:45 PMRollo

text

well I have to agree that shreks are not the problem, because you can drive over/through them, but don't fuck with raketen. With the new vet0 camo they are not that bad and for sure not underperforming. I've tried against t85 (Im not kidding) 2 ostwind and 5-6 raketen. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★