Login

russian armor

Update on beta patch by Jason Lee

PAGES (11)down
18 Jul 2015, 07:07 AM
Patrion 14

Vet 1 should be replaced with an "Area Denial Barrage". Fast rate of fire, long duration, low damage, high area of effect with powerful suppression.

very interesting. gonna be great.
18 Jul 2015, 07:56 AM

Permanently Banned
Their final patch additions, posted yesterday.

July 21 Update Additions

This update will go live on July 21st at 10:00am PST
The primary focus of the July 21st update is to continue the design upgrade of the existing factions to improve the overall balance of all factions in preparation for the introduction of the British Forces. This is the second phase migration of changes seen in the British Forces Alpha.

The next update will be on Sept 3rd which will introduce the British Forces Content.

​July 14 Balance Preview

Thank you all for participating in the Balance Preview Mod and sending us feedback. We won't be making any more updates to the mod as we are triggering our final build for the July 21st Patch Build. The Mod will remain up until the Patch goes live so enjoy.

Legend
Balance
Bug Fixes

BALANCE

Planes
We felt only units and abilities explicitly designed for the purpose of reconing an area should have camouflage detection so we are removing it from attack planes. We anticipate this will allow vehicles and units that can camouflage to better hide from attack plane abilities.

-All attack planes had their camo detection radius reduced to 0
-All recon planes that didnt already have it now has a camo detection radius of 90

Rifleman, Volksgrenadiers, Conscripts, Grenadier
We felt it all infantry should recieve a penalty for constructing during combat.

-Now recieve construction penality modifers

SOVIETS

T34-85
Considering the cost of teching we felt the T34-85 needed a slight cost adjustment

-Cost reduced from 400/140 to 380/130

Soviet Sandbags
We felt soviet sandbags had much too much health. We also felt it should have more health than other sandbags because it is a one block structure and when destroyed you lose the entire wall. Other factions create a fence wall and even if destroyed, half of the squad is still safe behind another.

-Health reduced from 500 to 240

USF

Sherman Easy Eight
Cosidering the cost of teching we felt the Sherman Easy Eight needed a slight cost adjustment.

-Cost decreased from 400/145 to 380/140

Wehrmacht

Battle Phases
One of the Design Goals for the Wehrmacht was to give the faction flexibility in which they could tech. However, that was not the case due to the expensive nature of their battle phases. By offsetting the costs to the buildings instead of the upgrade it gives players an easier time to upgrade through battle phases.

-Battle Phase 3 decreased from 200/60 to 100/45

Tech Buildings
-Building 4 increased from 160/30 to 260/75

SdKfz 221 Scout Car
With a lot of light vehicles being available very early, we felt the Wehrmacht needed a light vehicle with a bit more punch. Also, we felt the upgrade was almost always an auto-click and not much of a choice.

-The SdKfz 221 Scout Car is now the SdKfz 222 Scout Car. It will come with the KwK 30 2cm Autocannon by default.
-Cost increased from 210/15 to 230/20

SdKfz 251 Halftrack
The Flame Projector upgrade being available on the 251 HT was a big problem in the past so we had to add a requirement to gate it but with so many more light vehicle counters available we felt it would be fine to remove the requirements for the Flame Projector upgrade.

-Battle phase 2 requirement to upgrade to the Flame Projector removed.

PTRS rifle
Eventhough we liked the boost in performance of the PTRS Rifle, we felt it was doing a little too much damage to infantry. Its performance vs vehicles remain the same.

-Damage reduced from 40 to 27
-13 Bonus damage added vs vehicles

BUG FIXES
June 21 Update Additional Bug Fixes
These issues may not be present in the tuning pack but will be deployed in the July 21 update.

-Changed the near weapon accuracy on the Stug G from 0.6 to 0.06
-Max CP Counter now caps 32
-Units flickering in buildings and open top vehicles fixed
-Units no longer warp to the building entrance.
18 Jul 2015, 10:51 AM
Donator 33

-Units flickering in buildings and open top vehicles fixed
-Units no longer warp to the building entrance.

18 Jul 2015, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 03:03 AMVonIvan
I'm starting to get a little worried about the changes for arty this upcoming patch. It might be better to set it at 7 salvos for both Sov and Wehr, or 6 salvos for Sov until vet 1 then 7 as well. Even if this is done I still think it'll be a little OP. :foreveralone:

i think 6 rounds per barrage is good for both howies. counter barrage for lefh is cool however soviet ml-20 upon vet1 could get an incindiery round (like the mht) for 45? muni.

this leads to strategic decision too like should i fire a normal barrage and hope that everything gets hit or fire an incindiery round and set the weopans teams and paks on fire in 1 go.
18 Jul 2015, 11:22 AM

USF

Sherman Easy Eight
Cosidering the cost of teching we felt the Sherman Easy Eight needed a slight cost adjustment.
Cost decreased from 400/145 to 380/140

Still, why would anyone go Rifle Company for a tank that needs the Major to be built, is worse than a Sherman at AI and is worse than a Jackson at AT?
18 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 11:22 AMLatch
USF

Sherman Easy Eight
Cost decreased from 400/145 to 380/140

Still, why would anyone go Rifle Company for a tank that needs the Major to be built, is worse than a Sherman at AI and is worse than a Jackson at AT?

thats because you need to spend 110 feul for AI and 125 feul for AT. Instead now you can get a tank for 140 feul that is decent at both and has excellent vet, so preservation will also pay off too.

the easy 8 does not need another tank nearby to use radio net. it activates automatically upon reaching vet1.

2 easy8s on vet1 are insane tanks to deal with as they will unlock radio net II.

i dont even wanna talk about 3 easy 8s with vet1 and radio net III
18 Jul 2015, 11:40 AM
Patrion 14

Guys, we are ignoring one of the biggest changes relic is rolling out!

Max CP Counter now caps 32

Why is it necessary?

Why so specific?

Maus confirmed?
18 Jul 2015, 12:03 PM
Patrion 26

The Captain needs an urgent fix. The constant jumping, searching for cover, jumping, running into a tank, jumping outside of bazooka range before actually firing a single bazooka shot is really really annoying. It didn't happen to me once that i flanked a scout car or a PIV or flak HT and i lost the whole squad because the Captain wasn't able to shot a single shot in like an eternity. I also love when they suicide jump into a PIV before firing a shot.

Solution: Just make them shot the bazooka like the Volks do. The volks just stop and shot instantly.

I so want to go captain first tech, i love the pack and the stuart now, but i always think what should i do with the captain?
18 Jul 2015, 13:24 PM
Donator 11

The Captain needs an urgent fix. The constant jumping, searching for cover, jumping, running into a tank, jumping outside of bazooka range before actually firing a single bazooka shot is really really annoying. It didn't happen to me once that i flanked a scout car or a PIV or flak HT and i lost the whole squad because the Captain wasn't able to shot a single shot in like an eternity. I also love when they suicide jump into a PIV before firing a shot.

Solution: Just make them shot the bazooka like the Volks do. The volks just stop and shot instantly.

I so want to go captain first tech, i love the pack and the stuart now, but i always think what should i do with the captain?

yeah, I also feel like the captain is the biggest goddam noob on the battlefield everytime I order him to attack armor. How often I found myself staring at the screen in despair screaming "shoot ffs just shoot!!!"
18 Jul 2015, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 11:26 AMSmaug

thats because you need to spend 110 feul for AI and 125 feul for AT. Instead now you can get a tank for 140 feul that is decent at both and has excellent vet, so preservation will also pay off too.

the easy 8 does not need another tank nearby to use radio net. it activates automatically upon reaching vet1.

2 easy8s on vet1 are insane tanks to deal with as they will unlock radio net II.

i dont even wanna talk about 3 easy 8s with vet1 and radio net III

That's a decent reason I didn't know about the solo radio net, BUT! With Armour Company not requiring the Maj to unlock the doctrine tanks, you can save 120 fuel and rely on M10 + Bulldozer (although they do come fairly later on)for Armour and stick to CPT/LT until the unlock arrives.

Going Armour and skipping the MAJ basically give you a free CPT + Stuart (for the Fuel price of unlocking Maj) So you can have LT+M20+CPT+Stuart+M10 for give or take the same amount of fuel as LT+M20+CPT+E8.

I'll have to see how it turns out but honestly, I see the decision not to place ALL doctrine tanks into the Maj as a means to the end for Rifle Company, I could be wrong, very wrong, this is just how I see it.
18 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM

yeah, I also feel like the captain is the biggest goddam noob on the battlefield everytime I order him to attack armor. How often I found myself staring at the screen in despair screaming "shoot ffs just shoot!!!"

I believe all (I could be mistaken) NCO's(if that's the right term) find cover before they actually shoot resulting in this god awful situation.
18 Jul 2015, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 15:04 PMLatch

I believe all (I could be mistaken) NCO's(if that's the right term) find cover before they actually shoot resulting in this god awful situation.

So its the bunch of coward nco's whose aristocrat parent's influence brought them into the captain's staff, making him wait with shooting his zook til Clarence, Chester and Fitzgerald found some cover?!

God awful sh...
18 Jul 2015, 15:45 PM

Time for you to actually start playing the game

:thumbsup:
18 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM

Did relic fixed paras grenade?
19 Jul 2015, 04:23 AM
Patrion 28

Guys, we are ignoring one of the biggest changes relic is rolling out!

Why is it necessary?

Why so specific?

Maus confirmed?

powers of 2.
19 Jul 2015, 07:20 AM

Isn't the 222 buff simply too much vs USF (not talking about Sov).

-1_ Sniper still have his incredibly RoF. As USF unless a lucking flank you are most likely going to hurt him a bit only.
-2_ 222 doesn't cost anymore ammo for its upgrade. the time to get the 5 more fuel is lower than the time to upgrade the 221 to 222. So the only difference is in the ammo cost + faster on the field = lowest m20 dominance on the field.
-3_ instead of saving your ammo for an early 222, you can safely build a medic bunker really fast early game.
-4_ Sniper has now access to a faster healing bunker + a stronger and faster 222 to cover him from m20.

-5_ You can replace the medic bunker by faust if you don't need it that early.

I'm planing to play Ostheer this next patch and this is clearly the idea I have in mind for a BO vs USF.
19 Jul 2015, 11:41 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 07:20 AMEsxile
Isn't the 222 buff simply too much vs USF (not talking about Sov).

-1_ Sniper still have his incredibly RoF. As USF unless a lucking flank you are most likely going to hurt him a bit only.
-2_ 222 doesn't cost anymore ammo for its upgrade. the time to get the 5 more fuel is lower than the time to upgrade the 221 to 222. So the only difference is in the ammo cost + faster on the field = lowest m20 dominance on the field.
-3_ instead of saving your ammo for an early 222, you can safely build a medic bunker really fast early game.
-4_ Sniper has now access to a faster healing bunker + a stronger and faster 222 to cover him from m20.

-5_ You can replace the medic bunker by faust if you don't need it that early.

I'm planing to play Ostheer this next patch and this is clearly the idea I have in mind for a BO vs USF.

against ostheer the m20 wasn't a really good choice even now before this patch. 3-4 grenadier squads with panzerfaust, pak, 222 everything ostheer builds in the early stage can destroy it easily. Try the AA halftrack or go captain and stuart and if the game lasts longer then 15CP backtech to the M20 for AT mines if you didnt go armor with demo charges and 5amo mines combo.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS