Login

russian armor

Im not saying Germans are OP, but....

14 Jul 2015, 12:29 PM

On topic @ Esxile that logic about axis is what creates many issues on the forums. As i said in my earlier post and I know im not alone, I've played mostly axis since coh 1 through ALL patches. People like what people like. Axis has an appeal. To each his own but to assume that most of the axis player base is in it for easy then there should have been a point where at least once the allied had that percentage and axis was low because the easy win ppl would have all switched over. Axis has been the majority percentage (on searching) since release.Axis needs tweaks but can we stop this "percent high only because axis is super easy". By that same logic most of the allied fan base must be masochist.

Your logic works in 1vs1 and 2vs2, not above. How can you explain that in 1vs1, excluding period of big flaw in the balance, the average looking for a match was 40/60 one way or the other but in 3vs3/4vs4 it has always been 80% Axis 20% allied?
Suddenly in 4vs4 people like to play Axis because of bad guys are good looking? But not in 1vs1?
1vs1 is more difficult to play, you need more skill apart from doing some cheesy strategies, and same here, 1vs1 cheessy strats require way more skill and practice than in 4vs4.
So people are playing Axis because in 4vs4 those factions are noob friendly. Of course there are still a base of real Axis fanboy, but the true is make it harder as it is in 1vs1 and you'll see people playing both factions.

I mean, people are saying that in fora, "I like to play Allied but since Axis is easier in 3vs3/4vs4 I play Axis with my friends because:
1- I want to relax and play easy
2- My friends want to relax and play easy
3- My friends are noob".

14 Jul 2015, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 13:46 PMEsxile

Axis factions are noob friendly, like it or not, it is. And it match perfectly 4vs4 when majority of average/low players are going.

Now you can argue that team vs team, it is balanced, yes but still it requires teamplay for a side while the other no.

Whoever thinks that a faction requires less skill than another in COH2 these days must get a clue about the current game state, and quickly.
14 Jul 2015, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 12:29 PMEsxile

Your logic works in 1vs1 and 2vs2, not above. How can you explain that in 1vs1, excluding period of big flaw in the balance, the average looking for a match was 40/60 one way or the other but in 3vs3/4vs4 it has always been 80% Axis 20% allied?
Suddenly in 4vs4 people like to play Axis because of bad guys are good looking? But not in 1vs1?
1vs1 is more difficult to play, you need more skill apart from doing some cheesy strategies, and same here, 1vs1 cheessy strats require way more skill and practice than in 4vs4.
So people are playing Axis because in 4vs4 those factions are noob friendly. Of course there are still a base of real Axis fanboy, but the true is make it harder as it is in 1vs1 and you'll see people playing both factions.

I mean, people are saying that in fora, "I like to play Allied but since Axis is easier in 3vs3/4vs4 I play Axis with my friends because:
1- I want to relax and play easy
2- My friends want to relax and play easy
3- My friends are noob".

Logic?! You are going to use logic against these arguments? How dare you!

If I am wrong someone please correct me, but there has never been a time in random 4v4 when Allies were competitive with Axis and in fact I remember after WFA was released that people welcomed US players showing up with a grown because it meant an almost sure loss.

As to someone's player card showing wins.... meh.

When there are so few searching it is easy to get on with your friends and the chances you will be in a pseudo-AT team as Allies is pretty darned good. (0% searching means there is no competition!)

This is practically the entire state of 4v4 in COH1 right now. People see who is on and join the side that already has something like 10 to 0 search (the players in-the-know) and then they play a bunch of noobs who don't know what hit them. Or sometimes 4 friends all switch fast to the other side and get a match as a practical AT.
14 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 01:31 AMCorsin

The sith are just as bad as the nazi's were... if not worse... Pretty sure the wiping out of entire planets is abit of a step further than just targeting jews.

You realize that
A) They weren't JUST targeting Jews? (a few tens of millions of others dies because of it.)

B) That it was "just" Jews doesn't particularly make a difference is you happen to be Jewish?

C) Star Wars is just fiction? The Nazis were real people doing this to other real people, not cartoon characters.

It is a universe poorly written and constructed by a creator who proved that he could work really well when he had talented people around to guide him, yet when he had a free hand to give us his real vision it turned out to be pure junk. And junk poorly told and filmed. (This from a huge fan of the first 2 films. Even in the '80s we knew SW was going off the rails when we saw the first teddy bear.)

Finally, as to canon books, all of about a few tens of thousands have read and care about that. If George Lucas' work after Empire were burned to the ground and recreated more people would cheer than mourn. (OK, we have to keep Admiral Fisheyes' "Its a trap!")
14 Jul 2015, 13:11 PM

Coh is a game that provides alot of hate to players

just like nazi ideology
14 Jul 2015, 13:20 PM

Coh is a game that provides alot of hate to players

just like nazi ideology

It's not the game, it's the community :snfBarton:
14 Jul 2015, 13:26 PM

It's not the game, it's the community :snfBarton:

Probably not just the community.

I have heard rumors that that anonymity of the Internet can sometimes bring out the worst in people. But it's only a rumor.
14 Jul 2015, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 13:08 PMAvNY

You realize that

C) Star Wars is just fiction? The Nazis were real people doing this to other real people, not cartoon characters.

Not true, everything happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

14 Jul 2015, 15:52 PM

You realize that
A) They weren't JUST targeting Jews? (a few tens of millions of others dies because of it.)

B) That it was "just" Jews doesn't particularly make a difference is you happen to be Jewish?

You seriously dont think i know starwars is fiction? lol go read my earlier posts, i was using the MMO as an example of people preferring bad guys in games...

Youre the one who tried to compare the too in terms of "evil" you plank.

Im pointing out the FACT that people like bad guys in all games. Whether they are historical or fictional.

It is a universe poorly written and constructed by a creator who proved that he could work really well when he had talented people around to guide him, yet when he had a free hand to give us his real vision it turned out to be pure junk. And junk poorly told and filmed. (This from a huge fan of the first 2 films. Even in the '80s we knew SW was going off the rails when we saw the first teddy bear.)

Finally, as to canon books, all of about a few tens of thousands have read and care about that. If George Lucas' work after Empire were burned to the ground and recreated more people would cheer than mourn. (OK, we have to keep Admiral Fisheyes' "Its a trap!")

What are you even talking about? We're discussing why more people play Axis than allies. Who cares about the quality of storytelling from the writer of starwars?
14 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM

Foremost people like to win.

The statistics are already in the game. More even matchups at smaller games (where Allies can win) and lopsided searchers at higher levels.

It is also why in COH1 lots more people played Brit 2v2 than 1v1. And that is on top of the unending uncoolness of Brit kit. There is no lesser cool vehicle to look at or use than the Bren Carrier. kangaroos are uncool. Emplacements aren't cool. Infantry sections moving in slowmow aren't cool. Cromwells - uncool. Churchills - seriously uncool (except the AVRE). Commandos are cool. And 25's do make a cool noise.

Not cool. Not cool voices. Yet people play them alot in 2v2. Why? Because people like to win.

14 Jul 2015, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 16:42 PMAvNY
Foremost people like to win.

The statistics are already in the game. More even matchups at smaller games (where Allies can win) and lopsided searchers at higher levels.

It is also why in COH1 lots more people played Brit 2v2 than 1v1. And that is on top of the unending uncoolness of Brit kit. There is no lesser cool vehicle to look at or use than the Bren Carrier. kangaroos are uncool. Emplacements aren't cool. Infantry sections moving in slowmow aren't cool. Cromwells - uncool. Churchills - seriously uncool (except the AVRE). Commandos are cool. And 25's do make a cool noise.

Not cool. Not cool voices. Yet people play them alot in 2v2. Why? Because people like to win.

You know people find different things cool right? I mean shit the Churchill is like a bloody Leman Russ; it's awesome!
14 Jul 2015, 17:10 PM

Wehrmacht is cool, that's why people like it. Who'd take a T34 or a Sherman over a Tiger or a KT?
14 Jul 2015, 17:54 PM

because German have many biased weapon such like non-doc KT, non-doc panther, non-doc sturmtiger(not anymore)

for allied, even the most produced T-34/85 or hundreds of thousands of M4 with 76mm gun are doctrinal,

Allied is way too boring every cool toy are commander-limited, and relic's faction designers obviously Axis biased.

PS:not talking about British cuz I know little about them, but Canada is commonwealth so this one might be different)
14 Jul 2015, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

I prefer ostheer cause it has tactics other than spam rifles, cons, or maxims.
14 Jul 2015, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 17:54 PMUGBEAR
hundreds of thousands of M4 with 76mm gun are doctrinal
Hundreds of thousands, you srs? hahaha
15 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

Hundreds of thousands, you srs? hahaha

22,000 M4s with the 76mm and another 10,000 Tank Destroyers (if you include M10s and 18s). That was in just 3-4 years of production. In comparison only 8,550 PIVs of all variants were built during the 6 years Germany was in the war.

We think of things like the Firefly, the Comet, the Pershing and several Russian tanks as having "limited" productions, but at least 1,000 of each was built and often much more. That only seems limited when compared to the 50,000 total Shermans or T-34s built.

All that "cool" German kit was often just a hodgepodge of designs and upgrades not all of which was built to spec and often even what was still didn't work reliably in the field.
16 Jul 2015, 02:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 14:01 PMAvNY

22,000 M4s with the 76mm and another 10,000 Tank Destroyers (if you include M10s and 18s). That was in just 3-4 years of production. In comparison only 8,550 PIVs of all variants were built during the 6 years Germany was in the war.

We think of things like the Firefly, the Comet, the Pershing and several Russian tanks as having "limited" productions, but at least 1,000 of each was built and often much more. That only seems limited when compared to the 50,000 total Shermans or T-34s built.

All that "cool" German kit was often just a hodgepodge of designs and upgrades not all of which was built to spec and often even what was still didn't work reliably in the field.

I think this post is truth so +1
16 Jul 2015, 02:47 AM
Benefactor 341

There seems to be a bit of a favoritism.

The search isn't the entire playerbase, just those who have similar ELO that are deemed to be within the system as "fair opponents". Just saying.
16 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM

Who could resist this?

16 Jul 2015, 04:17 AM

Germans aren't really OP, OP. Ostheer is very easy compared to USF and OKW, but so are Soviets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight