Login

russian armor

Panzer Elite as new faction for next DLC

11 Jul 2015, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Common sense really. What else are they going to add?
Another faction is out of question, as the only possible choice would be another german faction. They wouldve released that one alongside the brits and not at a later point in time.

Furthermore Relic is most likely working on DoW3 at this point, so their ressources are focused on that game now.

And whenever Relic was asked about their "5 Year plan" for CoH2 in the past year they replied "Yes there was a 5 year plan at one point", meaning that they know that content production is not open-ended anymore.

Their support for the game has slowed down significantly in 2015 as well. They did do great things, im not denying that but the frequency of updates is much lower than last year.
And their willingness to make the game more mod-friendly is a positive thing for the community, but a negative one for future content updates.

There is a slight chance of a british single-player expansion, depending on how much of a cash-cow Ardennes Assault has been for them.

11 Jul 2015, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 15:34 PMKatitof
Its impossible to implement another axis faction.

There isn't anything bigger then KT/JT, so we have no megalomania source material.

Man you really love to be mean don't yah?
11 Jul 2015, 15:42 PM

Id rather see them units introduced in new commanders for the current factions.
11 Jul 2015, 15:45 PM

All the units listed in the OP honestly need to go in the new OKW commanders to help fill OKW's unit "holes".
11 Jul 2015, 15:47 PM

I prefer german-italian factiom (north africa, operation husky, ...)

Moar factions is always good, I dont care how hard it is to balance. I am not a top player and I like content. :)

Panzerelite, another commonwealth faction, japan, pacific us forces +1+1+1+1
11 Jul 2015, 15:48 PM

Man you really love to be mean don't yah?

You have no idea.

Doesn't change the fact that yet another germany army makes as much sense as implementing separate soviet armies because some were called "guard army".
11 Jul 2015, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 15:48 PMKatitof

You have no idea.

Doesn't change the fact that yet another germany army makes as much sense as implementing separate soviet armies because some were called "guard army".

Nobody is really arguing that we NEED another German army, but there is a concrete need for OKW to have new commanders to give OKW more options and strategies.

IMO the biggest weakness with the WFA factions currently is both are still stuck in extremely stale meta due to lack of commander choice.
11 Jul 2015, 16:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 15:34 PMKatitof
Its impossible to implement another axis faction.

There isn't anything bigger then KT/JT, so we have no megalomania source material.

Maybe the new Axis faction is designed as mobile and USF-like strong early/mid game force. :snfBarton:

On a serious note though, I think even 4 factions are hard enough to balance. A 5th faction will add some spice but also possible balance issues.
11 Jul 2015, 16:02 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

A thrid German faction isn't necessary. Although I would like to see some of the units OP mentioned in new commanders ^^
11 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Although I would like to see some of the units OP mentioned in new commanders ^^

I just imagined how some of these new units are implented into core factions. :snfPeter:

11 Jul 2015, 16:11 PM

Maybe the new Axis faction is designed as mobile and USF-like strong early/mid game force. :snfBarton:

I think that this would be fine, actually. The Imperial Japanese Army could fit the bill. ('Course with DoW3 registered, I'd put the odds of a new expansion at 0.)
11 Jul 2015, 16:24 PM

Hetzer/Marder/Hummel would give OKW some more artillery options (fits the factions theme of breakthrough/aggressive play)

Wirbelwind to replace the Ostwind in Scavenge maybe also in another commander.

Jagdpanther to give an option for heavy AT outside the Jadgtiger.

Flak 88 should be in commanders for both factions considering how iconic it is.
11 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM

:DAn Italian faction would be very interesting, but Im probably biased on that
11 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hetzer/Marder/Hummel would give OKW some more artillery options (fits the factions theme of breakthrough/aggressive play)

Wirbelwind to replace the Ostwind in Scavenge maybe also in another commander.

Jagdpanther to give an option for heavy AT outside the Jadgtiger.

Flak 88 should be in commanders for both factions considering how iconic it is.

PE was not created to be sim city in vCoH...;)
11 Jul 2015, 16:44 PM

PE was not created to be sim city in vCoH...;)

Well OKW isn't PE, and one of OKW's current issues is lack variety due to having only 6 commanders along with a lack of support weapons and heavy bombardment artillery.

OKW also isn't very sim city either. If you cluster your trucks together you will get punished for it, and you need to take a doctrine in order to build bunkers so it's not like you can afford to turtle. OKW shines when you use trucks as a going off point to play aggressively, not when you sit around camping.
11 Jul 2015, 16:53 PM

When you think about it the USF are the Panzer Elite.
11 Jul 2015, 17:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well OKW isn't PE, and one of OKW's current issues is lack variety due to having only 6 commanders along with a lack of support weapons and heavy bombardment artillery.

Lack of variety when you have 6 Commanders? :unsure:....it seems as if you are arguing for sim city by referencing their 'issues' to
a lack of support weapons and heavy bombardment artillery

OKW also isn't very sim city either. If you cluster your trucks together you will get punished for it, and you need to take a doctrine in order to build bunkers so it's not like you can afford to turtle. OKW shines when you use trucks as a going off point to play aggressively, not when you sit around camping.

Ye-e-e-e-es... but if I understood it correctly (probably not) OKW had to hunker down and exist on one third of the map, by stalling and counter-attacking, until they built up? The point is that PE was not sim city, if played out correctly and OKW should not be sim city ultimately, either...especially if things change in this next part of the patch (which they may not)
11 Jul 2015, 17:48 PM

Allied indirect fire is more then plentiful enough (especially against Soviets) to punish OKW campers. How they were a few months ago is irrelevant, right now OKW is about a micro-intensive and aggressive early game ---> conservative and defensive mid game ---> extremely aggressive late game.

I like to be very aggressive when It comes to truck placement, and it serves me well when I can easily establish early game map control while my opponent cannot.
11 Jul 2015, 17:50 PM

Nobody is really arguing that we NEED another German army, but there is a concrete need for OKW to have new commanders to give OKW more options and strategies.

IMO the biggest weakness with the WFA factions currently is both are still stuck in extremely stale meta due to lack of commander choice.

Some new commanders definitely wouldn't hurt, but not every faction is supposed to have all the options of other armies.

Shows you haven't seen last nights stream by relic.
11 Jul 2015, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 17:50 PMKatitof

Some new commanders definitely wouldn't hurt, but not every faction is supposed to have all the options of other armies.

Shows you haven't seen last nights stream by relic.

Well when you have factions like Soviets and Ostheer that DO have every single option available to them it's kinda odd when shown in comparison to OKW and USF. Relic themselves have said that Brits will have enough units and strategical diversity for 2 factions on their own.

A strong unit base that allows you to counter things without being pigeonholed is nice, something like the Jadgpanther in a new OKW doc would mean that I wouldn't be forced to go breakthrough every time my enemy does ISU.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★