Login

russian armor

The future of CoH2 theory crafting

9 Jul 2015, 17:34 PM

While the community soaks in the announcement of the British forces expansion there was another little gem hidden within the announcement that is worthy of theory crafting.

"Alongside The British Forces' launch in September, Company of Heroes 2 developer Relic Entertainment will release "a major design upgrade" for the main game and all its existing expansions, according to Sega. The upgrade is intended to improve the balance of the game's five factions. Furthermore, Relic will deliver improvements to animations and graphics in an effort to increase authenticity."

Well internet strangers. What do we think this could be?
9 Jul 2015, 17:36 PM

Sounds like custom commanders...

Something to fix all crappy Ost and Soviet commanders and add new stuff for USF and OKW.
9 Jul 2015, 17:38 PM

It sounds like the fundamental tech changes that we have been hearing about for the original two armies.
9 Jul 2015, 17:40 PM

False hype until literally true. :foreveralone:
9 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

Overhyped remaining alpha changes.
9 Jul 2015, 17:46 PM

False hype until literally true. :foreveralone:

Oh come on Vonny. Reduce that salt intake for just a moment. What do you think is coming?
9 Jul 2015, 17:48 PM

Well the balance part of it is no surprise.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the animations and graphics though. Especially if the goal is to increase "authenticity", whatever that means, instead of performance.
9 Jul 2015, 17:51 PM

See point above. 2+ years, game still runs like a hog. Colour me impressed :P
9 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 17:46 PMNapalm

Oh come on Vonny. Reduce that salt intake for just a moment. What do you think is coming?

*reduces salt intake for a moment* \ :foreveralone: / The remaining 4/5 of the alpha changes that should have been rolled out this patch but weren't. Possible increase in graphical animations to make the game look less cartoony. Possibly small updates in decals/faceplates.......hopefully custom faceplates and decals in automatch somehow! \ :foreveralone: /

*increases salt intake exponentially*
See point above. 2+ years, game still runs like a hog. Colour me impressed :P

FOR 2 YEARS WE HAVE ONLY HAD ONE FREAKEN OPTIMIZATION UPDATE(AND ONLY FOR CONNECTIONS SPECIFICALLY), IT IS REICHDICULOUS THAT RELIC CAN'T DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS UNNECESSARY RAM BLEED AND CONSTANT RESTARTING OF THE GAME FROM PREVENTING IN-GAME LAG, FFS. I HAVE A TOP NOTCH PC AND THIS **** SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IN THIS DAY AND AGE. :foreveralone:
9 Jul 2015, 18:08 PM

Remaining alpha changes
9 Jul 2015, 18:09 PM

sas being ingame
captain price as british officer
intervention 360 noscope quickscope snipers

through wehrmacht and ss to imran zakhaev our heroes pierce and never fall.

they heard...

their call.

CALL OF HEROES: BRITISH WARFARE 2™ #CONFIRMED
9 Jul 2015, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

Yes let's improve the graphics rather than fix the bugs that affect gameplay.
9 Jul 2015, 18:23 PM

Yes let's improve the graphics rather than fix the bugs that affect gameplay.

I know the solution!

have the 3d modellers start coding! they surely must do a better job than the actual coders. (joke)
fire the 3d modellers the food they eat is a wasted resource (joke again!)

I bet the coders spend a lot of their work improving the graphics. (ironic statement)

seriously though. i bet the team that works on graphics is a different team that the one that works on the coding.
9 Jul 2015, 18:56 PM

UPDATES:
Features:

UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE: Experience a unique tech-tree that challenges the player to balance the constant trade-off between mobility and defense – basically giving you two factions for the price of one. Surprise your opponents with your development choices and an open end game configuration.

DISTINCTIVE UNITS & ABILITIES: From the Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank to the RAF glider, this new faction introduces new gameplay mechanics with a range of 15 one-of-a-kind units. Meanwhile, the new commanders’ abilities revolve around impressive staged events making the most of air raids and artillery.

ARMY WITH CHARACTER: An international cast of actors from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and New-Zealand bring the units to life, with accents ranging from the posh elite to the working class. The writing of the units’ audio cues was also given special attention in order to ensure the various regional differences – and rivalries – among the British subjects stand out.

IMPROVED MO-CAPPED ANIMATIONS: The battlefield comes to life like never before thanks to motion-captured data for the most common animation set (SMG), that will also update all of the previous armies’ animation systems.

NEW MAPS: Eight stunning new maps enhance the extensive collection of pre-existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as thousands of community created maps available on the Steam workshop.

INTENSE ONLINE COMBAT: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries from across the globe.
10 Jul 2015, 06:00 AM

SEGA's definition of new and exciting = Pay 2 win

Relic's definition of new and exciting = NDA

My definition of new and exciting;

Viable strategies again across all game modes not limited to 2-3 established norms
Fixing optimisation
Dawn of War 3
In-game clan system
Actually a large enough playerbase to justify buying brits
10 Jul 2015, 06:01 AM

UPDATES:

ARMY WITH CHARACTER: An international cast of actors from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and New-Zealand bring the units to life, with accents ranging from the posh elite to the working class. The writing of the units’ audio cues was also given special attention in order to ensure the various regional differences – and rivalries – among the British subjects stand out.

So I'm guessing the Brits won't be dubbed into foreign languages or?
10 Jul 2015, 17:44 PM

When the game was designed only for developers to make two statements are not fulfilled:
- A single company is historical and is apolitical.
- The second part of the game will be completely Dedicated to the Eastern Front.

Gathering consultation with friends, we came to an agreement: no new Soviet faction - no money.
10 Jul 2015, 19:28 PM
Donator 11

The remaining alpha changes were nowhere close to done. Custom commanders + update to animations and possibly shades. Also a dx12 patch would be neat.
With that I hope we custom decal,skin, and faceplate citation.

Sorry typing on phone
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
Germany 33
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L