Login

russian armor

Sensible USF Changes

9 Jul 2015, 02:24 AM
Patrion 27

What if the ability upgraded one of the squad with a scoped rifle, increased base vision by 8-10 and gave them the Pathfinder crit? Giving you another option for Riflemen to make them operate a bit more like Jaeger Light-Infantry.
9 Jul 2015, 02:29 AM

That couldn't happen, too OP. You can't give a 280 MP troop squad scoped rifles and extra sight range, it would break the game.
9 Jul 2015, 02:42 AM
Patrion 27

That couldn't happen, too OP. You can't give a 280 MP troop squad scoped rifles and extra sight range, it would break the game.

I'm saying one rifle per upgrade.
9 Jul 2015, 02:51 AM

Haha I joke. Panzerfusilier
9 Jul 2015, 02:51 AM

Haha I joke. Panzerfusilier

Pfuss don't have JLI crits.
9 Jul 2015, 04:48 AM

Panzerfusies are OP because they punch over their weight and heavy survivability. Limited AT too.

But this sniper riflemen thing is honestly like the worst thing ever. Just give them a BAR and they'll murder everything. Commander has recon Paths too for even more no scopes.

Buffing the passive is great, but that sniper rifle shit makes zero sense man.
9 Jul 2015, 05:33 AM

About forward observers: this ability should just be a straight up view range increase for RE so that they will be like Pio, with this ability Recon will scale better late game. (57mm with hax view range that can spot for Jackson, .50 can fend for themselves with good range). About the .50, just turn them into a 5-man squad, give it some extra penetration and it will be perfect, it will combine the best of both MG-42 and Maxim.
9 Jul 2015, 05:50 AM

What if the ability upgraded one of the squad with a scoped rifle, increased base vision by 8-10 and gave them the Pathfinder crit? Giving you another option for Riflemen to make them operate a bit more like Jaeger Light-Infantry.

This was originally how USF's sniper was going to be. Ever notice the base layout, there's 4 lockers. BAR, Bazooka, M1919, and Unmarked. Unmarked was actually for Scoped Rifles, it is actually named aef_weapon_rack_m1c_garand, which is the exact rifle the Pathfinders use. Not sure why they took the weapon away from an upgrade and gave it to Pathfinders, maybe they thought it would be too good, or that Pathfinders needed a purpose. Regardless, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

Would have been fully authentic too, the US didn't use traditional Snipers like the Soviets or Germans or British. A US Sniper was just the most precise Rifleman being issued a Scoped Springfield (or a very rare M1C) instead of a regular ol' Garand.
9 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM
Patrion 27

Panzerfusies are OP because they punch over their weight and heavy survivability. Limited AT too.

But this sniper riflemen thing is honestly like the worst thing ever. Just give them a BAR and they'll murder everything. Commander has recon Paths too for even more no scopes.

Buffing the passive is great, but that sniper rifle shit makes zero sense man.

Recon Pathfinders have 3 men, cost 210, DON'T have a scoped rifle with crits and are a horrible unit.
9 Jul 2015, 20:04 PM

Recon Pathfinders have 3 men, cost 210, DON'T have a scoped rifle with crits and are a horrible unit.

They're a pure scouting and artillery delivery platform. And despite being utterly useless in combat, they're still the best thing this doctrine and almost good enough to actually pick this doctrine over others because the very rapid fire, 140 muni artillery is exactly what you need to deal with massed HMGs and PaKs.

If only the rest of the doctrine wasn't so freaking terrible.
9 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 20:04 PMCruzz

They're a pure scouting and artillery delivery platform. And despite being utterly useless in combat, they're still the best thing this doctrine and almost good enough to actually pick this doctrine over others because the very rapid fire, 140 muni artillery is exactly what you need to deal with massed HMGs and PaKs.

I'm the last person to talk smack on niche units and strats... Heck, dropping IR artillery is one of the most fun things you can do in COH2, but this commander was thrown together, has suffered multiple nerfs and is plain crap. That's why I was suggesting a Springfield upgrade for one rifleman in the squad that buffs the units vision and gives them a crit chance to replace the buggy Forward Observers.
9 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM
Patrion 26

The Captain needs an urgent fix. The constant jumping, searching for cover, jumping, running into a tank, jumping outside of bazooka range before actually firing a single bazooka shot is really really annoying. It didn't happen to me once that i flanked a scout car or a PIV or flak HT and i lost the whole squad because the Captain wasn't able to shot a single shot in like an eternity. I also love when they suicide jump into a PIV before firing a shot.

Solution: Just make them shot the bazooka like the Volks do. The volks just stop and shot instantly.

I so want to go captain first tech, i love the pack and the stuart now, but i always think what should i do with the captain?
9 Jul 2015, 20:50 PM
Patrion 27

The Captain needs an urgent fix. The constant jumping, searching for cover, jumping, running into a tank, jumping outside of bazooka range before actually firing a single bazooka shot is really really annoying. It didn't happen to me once that i flanked a scout car or a PIV or flak HT and i lost the whole squad because the Captain wasn't able to shot a single shot in like an eternity. I also love when they suicide jump into a PIV before firing a shot.

Solution: Just make them shot the bazooka like the Volks do. The volks just stop and shot instantly.

I so want to go captain first tech, i love the pack and the stuart now, but i always think what should i do with the captain?

On that note, I hope something is changed about units with multiple ranged weapons. When you tell a pathfinder (2 rifles, 2 carbines) or cpt to attack a unit, often times they will insist on walking into their shortest weapons range. No one is trying to kill using the m1 carbine or the cpt rifles ok?!
10 Jul 2015, 21:42 PM
Patrion 14

Quick update on recon because I knew there was another bug with it. The combat group needs 18 pop cap, if you have a sherman hitting the field that brings you over 82 pop cap, you'll get 1 at gun for 900 manpower and no squads. This bug also affects the the officers when you unlock tiers. So if you want to backtech to lieutenant and happen to go over the free pop cap required you'll unlock the tier but won't get the officier (this can be useful if you want to backtech but don't want the officier).

Of course it's a rather niche bug which won't have an effect in many cases but it is something to keep in mind when choosing this commander.
10 Jul 2015, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 20:04 PMCruzz

Greyhounds can be good for cheese.
10 Jul 2015, 22:27 PM
Patrion 14

Greyhound has had it's rof nerfed by 25% last patch and it wasn't stellar before that ever since they changed the canister shot mechanic.
10 Jul 2015, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ya mean ONLY good for cheese.
11 Jul 2015, 00:30 AM

If you manage to wipe Pioniers with it you can delay Pak and win.
11 Jul 2015, 01:16 AM

Ehhhh, I'd rather these things get tested first before implemented, don't want to create OP things again. :foreveralone:
11 Jul 2015, 06:32 AM

There's nothing more annoying about USF other than the already weakest weapon teams in the game, being manned by the weakest weapon team crew in the game.

It's really hard to make a decision to make a .50 cal IMO, they die really fast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★