Login

russian armor

Faceplate's that indicate ELO/Rank?

8 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

Would be cool, should have been in the game at day one and i guess Relic will never ever introduce such a system.

The meaningless ranking system is one of the things that keeps me away from playing CoH2. There is just nothing to achieve in this regard.

Where is the competitive community people?

CoH2´s competitive community is pretty small.
8 Jul 2015, 17:28 PM

Wow I am truly surprised with the amount of people rejecting this idea outright.

Where is the competitive community people? Also this doesn't only have to be for them either. Compstompers could also be rewarded with faceplates as well for specific achievements.

Finally it doesn't take a lot of effort to design a few faceplates. Heck, even the community could do that for Relic.

Because this game is not built for competitive gaming but casual.

Everyone plays 4v4 or compstomp.
8 Jul 2015, 17:29 PM
Donator 11

Coh1 ranks system is awesome. Way better than what we have now. If you can even say we have something. Really enjoyed ladders in coh1 with gaining and losing ranks.
8 Jul 2015, 17:35 PM

Because this game is not built for competitive gaming but casual.

Everyone plays 4v4 or compstomp.

and yet the game is balanced for 2v2 and under.
8 Jul 2015, 17:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yahtzee will say it better than me at about 4 and a half minutes in:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10119-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Review

8 Jul 2015, 18:14 PM

While I agree with Han's and also loved ranking in coh1, the coh2 community is a completely different animal. This community could simply not cope with seeing ranks. The coh2 community expects this game to be balanced for all skill sets and brandishing a high ranking symbol will end a ranked match before it even begins. New players today expect an equal chance of winning, even if its their first match. This is the new era of gamers and I'm not saying one is better than the other, this is just the current reality of coh2/gaming.

8 Jul 2015, 18:48 PM

I actually like the idea :foreveralone:
8 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM
Donator 11

Wow people are actually rejecting this? And the people who are rejecting this idea don't even play the game much, let alone competitively! I'm not going to mention any names...

I am at a loss of words. How on Earth could you reject such an epic idea? There is a reason why League of Legends, DoTa, and Counter Strike Global Offensive (Starcraft too) are the most popular games in the world. It's because their ranking and competitive play provides incentive for players to continue playing because they have something to achieve (creates replayability). Of course these games provide other incentives as well in addition to this, but the ELO system is the cornerstone to their success.

I am 100% with Hans and am surprised just as much as him. And I don't understand what's the complaint that casual gamers are going to quit or something? There's a thing called custom lobbies? Don't add ELO ranks to custom lobbies and leave it to automatch. Why do casual gamers need to interfere with competitive games, and vice versa?

All of you know for a fact the majority of the COH2.ORG community is pro-competitive. There's a misconception that the competitive community is small. No, my entire friends list is competitive COH 2 players and I have 300 of them. I verse competitive gamers all the time. Most of the 1v1 community are competitive gamers. If you check the AT leaderboards for ANY playlist, you will see the competitive community. If you check the dudes that applied to the League of Heroes tourney, you will see the competitive community.

Take a look: http://www.coh2.org/ladders/index/1/7/0 (That's 200 competitive teams. And there's more where that came from)

That being said, competitive gamers will be the ones dropping prematurely even more than casual gamers. This is why you do something like CS:GO and don't show the ranks in the beginning of the game.

I actually think COH 2 needs this to avoid death in a year or two.
8 Jul 2015, 19:28 PM
Benefactor 115

If its an additional faceplate, and players have the choice whether or not to display their rank, then I support the idea.
8 Jul 2015, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would love it but the direction Relic has taken says otherwise.

Given the removal of visible level and stars because it would scare scrubs to death and make them quit at the start was the reason why any indicators of players skill or time played were removed in the first place?

I don't think the idea got much of a chance.

If i knew theres a was a huge skillwise gap with my opponent you could just go from the getgo with a nonconventional commander or units.
8 Jul 2015, 20:17 PM

Something that fixes new players complaining about playing against vet 3 level 100 players or whatever.

Some of those players are also pretty garbage, but new players assume that that level 100 means those guys are the best players or something. If, at the end of the game, we had an in game representation like in vCoH of a military rank that shows the opponents skill level as opposed to their completely useless XP level, brand new players would then understand their loss a little more.

Every sale the same posts pop up on Reddit and here about "OMG level 3 prestige matchmaking is shit etc" when in reality some of those matches are actually fairly close in ELO.
8 Jul 2015, 20:26 PM

I will say no just like your twitch thread.

I would rather relic focus on other things like mod tools/balance/maps than spending dev time on stuff that doesn't actually impact the game.

8 Jul 2015, 21:56 PM

If i knew theres a was a huge skillwise gap with my opponent you could just go from the getgo with a nonconventional commander or units.

Well, if you're competitive, you'll play to see how far you can go and check where you need to improve.

If you aren't, you'll likely chicken out or run to forums whining about balance, broken match making, moons influence or what not as long as it gives you an excuse not to play that match.

Relic clearly wants to avoid 2nd scenario, which we've seen in the first 6 months of the games life.
They won't implement it, because it would drive away hordes of casuals and try hards.
8 Jul 2015, 22:15 PM

+1 I support this ideea,it seems fun
8 Jul 2015, 22:30 PM

Are we talking about the same game and developer???

Let them do the brits and some patches, I don't care about side stuff that's in other "competitive" games because COH2 doesn't belong there, there is no reason to expect these type of things from Relic.

Just enjoy the game.
8 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

may as well bring back smurfing. the community just can't sustain something like this.
8 Jul 2015, 23:30 PM
Patrion 14

i love the ranks ,please bring them back relic
8 Jul 2015, 23:50 PM

For the love of all that was coh1 Yes Yes Yes!!! Bring them back. Coh2 should have looked at the past more before trying to be different for the sake of it.
9 Jul 2015, 00:38 AM

For good players - Yes.
For casual players - No.
unfortunately 95% of players in COH2 will say "No".Like Me.
9 Jul 2015, 00:57 AM
Patrion 28

i think it's a decent idea but i know relic doesn't want to do it because it causes people to drop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★