Login

russian armor

USF superglue on tanks

PAGES (7)down
7 Jul 2015, 18:14 PM

Actually its bugged in two ways I believe. My crews seem to only be able to crit repair vehicles they just hopped out of (for whatever reason), making orphan crews only useful to repair to 100% (or have Thompsons B-) )

I only try to save crews with vet, since vet is the only way you will be able to keep up with German lategame mediums and heavies.

Its actually bugged in several ways sometimes it plain just does not work i'm not sure why, but also it can be canceled if any other vehicle or something like that (i've had my own sherman do this) makes the crew move after you start it then it does not work. I've also had it not work for no good reason at all but put it on CD for my vehicle crew. It needs work for sure. As far as I know though you have to wait until the repair image goes away or it will take your munitons put it on CD and will NOT work, which is kind of varied in times if there is shit in the way when they hop out some times it takes much longer cause the crew kinda bumbles around.

Currently though I agree with Kaitof USF are way to munition starved atm to raise the cost at all. Plus it is not always that easy to do you can easily have something go wrong and end up giving your sherman to the enemy and really bite you in the ass. Most the time you also have to use smoke from the sherman too to cover it while emergency repairing which cost more munitions.
7 Jul 2015, 18:17 PM

Because bugs=balance, right?

Uh, excuse me Relic calls those "features" :)

1919s are more expensive and weaker then LMG42s.

They ARE LMG42's, but come with Defensive Stance which is well worth the 10 extra muni.

I never said bars are bad, I said they aren't as cost effective as other weapons.

Rather' have a BAR than not, especially on maps like Eddlebruck or Trois

USF pintles are more expensive and less effective then ost pintles. Go check stats. Before you'll come up with "but squad difference", well that argument is worthless since OKW and USF were implemented.

They are the same mostly except the .50 cal has better penetration. DPS wise they are very close with the .50 cal edging out ahead of OKW MG pintles and having slightly less than Ost ones. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Yes, skirts are great upgrades, they are also expensive ones. More expensive then what ost pays for AC to counter it.

Skirts are for deflecting more small arms fire, I would love to pay muni to make my light vehicles as Axis small arms fire proof.

7 Jul 2015, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 17:37 PMRollo

I would say American vehicles have the best survivability in the game, keeping USF vehicles alive is easy mode. I mean how often can you say you've had a vet 3 scout car or kubel reach the end of the game like an m20 can?

Ummm what magic smoke and magic race car retreat blitzkrieg. Just no they don't, in general they have less armor and hp than their axis equals.
7 Jul 2015, 18:21 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 18:14 PMRocket

Currently though I agree with Kaitof USF are way to munition starved atm to raise the cost at all. Plus it is not always that easy to do you can easily have something go wrong and end up giving your sherman to the enemy and really bite you in the ass. Most the time you also have to use smoke from the sherman too to cover it while emergency repairing which cost more munitions.

It only currently costs 10 munitions, thats an insane bargain! Thats cheaper than a molotov (15mu). Ostheer has to pay 30 for bliztz and 45 for smoke (I believe, I don't know the exact cost, I just use the hotkey when it lets me :) ), and they are just as muni starved. Stating faction weaknesses, as I've said before is no reason to allow abilities to be completely overperforming for cost. 30 munitions is still a bargain, and I would say is a good cost because part of the cost is the risk of losing the crew.
7 Jul 2015, 18:24 PM

They are the same mostly except the .50 cal has better penetration. DPS wise they are very close with the .50 cal edging out ahead of OKW MG pintles and having slightly less than Ost ones. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

How is .50 cal pintle higher penetration relevant for anything?
Does main cannon have trouble penetrating something that .50 cal pintle would help it with?
Does axis have any infantry with armor?

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_pziv_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/sherman_m10_m36_m2hb_50cal_mounted_tank_mp

Similar, but not "mostly same".
.50 cal is more expensive and delivers less DPS. Penetration is irrelevant, because they have main cannons if they need to penetrate something.
7 Jul 2015, 18:32 PM

It only currently costs 10 munitions, thats an insane bargain! Thats cheaper than a molotov (15mu). Ostheer has to pay 30 for bliztz and 45 for smoke (I believe, I don't know the exact cost, I just use the hotkey when it lets me :) ), and they are just as muni starved. Stating faction weaknesses, as I've said before is no reason to allow abilities to be completely overperforming for cost. 30 munitions is still a bargain, and I would say is a good cost because part of the cost is the risk of losing the crew.

EH yeah I am ok with that as long as they make it work correctly and it doesen't take longer to use about 3 seconds it what it usually takes if the crew does not hop out weird. It really fucks you when it does not work properly but still takes your munitions and puts it on CD for the crew.
7 Jul 2015, 18:34 PM

How is .50 cal pintle higher penetration relevant for anything?
Does main cannon have trouble penetrating something that .50 cal pintle would help it with?
Does axis have any infantry with armor?

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_pziv_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/sherman_m10_m36_m2hb_50cal_mounted_tank_mp

Similar, but not "mostly same".
.50 cal is more expensive and delivers less DPS. Penetration is irrelevant, because they have main cannons if they need to penetrate something.

They are literally 1 DPS apart, but there are subtle differences if you pay attention...

- .50 cal's better penetration can provide some extra "oomph" in dealing with light vehicles, always nice to have more DPS on the field when dealing with them.

- .50 cal doesn't need to reload as often, meaning your less likely to enter a fight and have the gunner go "hmm, I could have reloaded after the last fight but I think I will reload now when next fight is starting"

You make a good case for USF turret gunners to cost a little bit less, but I wouldn't say it's a waste at all.

Here's the OKW pintles btw;

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_king_tiger_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_panther_wg_mp

both have less DPS than the .50 cal but almost cost the same because of OKW's munition income being reduced, but I'm sure you will make a case for them to get better when you have the time.
7 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM
Patrion 14

They are literally 1 DPS apart, but there are subtle differences if you pay attention...

- .50 cal's better penetration can provide some extra "oomph" in dealing with light vehicles, always nice to have more DPS on the field when dealing with them.

- .50 cal doesn't need to reload as often, meaning your less likely to enter a fight and have the gunner go "hmm, I could have reloaded after the last fight but I think I will reload now when next fight is starting"

You make a good case for USF turret gunners to cost a little bit less, but I wouldn't say it's a waste at all.

Here's the OKW pintles btw;

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_king_tiger_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_panther_wg_mp

both have less DPS than the .50 cal but almost cost the same because of OKW's munition income being reduced, but I'm sure you will make a case for them to get better when you have the time.

You can't use reduced income to change anything beyond tech costs. Why? Because reduced income is a way to force players to make choices, and to make it harder for them to use everything at their disposal. Otherwise, why don't OKW tanks cost less fuel than their counterparts in other factions? Why isn't the volk shreck/ nade less expense than they should be compared to other abilities?

USF pintle mg does not bring enough extras to be worthy of the 20 extra cost. The extra pen kinda makes sense, but there is exactly 1 unit where the pintle will deal enough damage fast enough to decrease TTK, and that is the wehr SC. Everything with more HP will still be alive long enough for the cannon to fire again.

You buy a pintle for it's AI performance, and even looking at the extras, the USF pintle shouldn't be 20 mu more than Axis pintles.
7 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

Superglue is bullshit, but so is target weakpoint, panzer tactician and combat blitz.
7 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

You can't use reduced income to change anything beyond tech costs. Why? Because reduced income is a way to force players to make choices, and to make it harder for them to use everything at their disposal. Otherwise, why don't OKW tanks cost less fuel than their counterparts in other factions? Why isn't the volk shreck/ nade less expense than they should be compared to other abilities?

USF pintle mg does not bring enough extras to be worthy of the 20 extra cost. The extra pen kinda makes sense, but there is exactly 1 unit where the pintle will deal enough damage fast enough to decrease TTK, and that is the wehr SC. Everything with more HP will still be alive long enough for the cannon to fire again.

You buy a pintle for it's AI performance, and even looking at the extras, the USF pintle shouldn't be 20 mu more than Axis pintles.

I didn't say I was unwilling to believe USF pintles should cost less. Personally I think pintles should just come standard with the tank and have the tank cost more rather than being an upgrade or it should be a universal upgrade.
7 Jul 2015, 18:54 PM

Would be nice if all repairs cost munitions and I believe some 31337 players have recommended this in the past.
7 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 18:54 PMNapalm
Would be nice if all repairs cost munitions and I believe some 31337 players have recommended this in the past.

Would make repairing for OKW essentially impossible.

EDIT: OKW has a lot of high health vehicles and not a lot of munitions.
7 Jul 2015, 19:06 PM

USF vehicles are to be used extremely aggressively to make up for the fact that their infantry bleeds hard, and the faction lacks effective indirect fire. Autocrit repair enables this.

USF armor and MG upgrades ought to be 50 munitions each, and M20 crew should have 2 Bazookas.

And wtf can the MG42 kill the AA track?
7 Jul 2015, 19:10 PM

USF vehicles are to be used extremely aggressively to make up for the fact that their infantry bleeds hard, and the faction lacks effective indirect fire. Autocrit repair enables this.

USF armor and MG upgrades ought to be 50 munitions each, and M20 crew should have 2 Bazookas.

And wtf can the MG42 kill the AA track?

Fixing the bleed and filling the indirect fire holes are very much on the to-do list but neither of those things excuse the current absusable state of superglue.

I mean at the very least fix the bugs that allow you to do it instantly.

and yes if the AA HT isn't paying any attention and not firing back.
7 Jul 2015, 19:13 PM

Would make repairing for OKW essentially impossible.

EDIT: OKW has a lot of high health vehicles and not a lot of munitions.

In their current munitions strapped state....yes I agree. However, Relic has made it very clear they are A OK fudging with %.
7 Jul 2015, 19:15 PM

USF faction mission statement was to use smoke and mobility to break through defensive positions. This lends itself to the highly mobile USF vehicles being able to quickly repair criticals.

If the USF become a more roundabout faction with better indirect, less of an MP bleed, and less restrictive teching, then I agree that this ability should be nerfed.

On incendiary rounds, allowing dedicated AI units to counter (or at least deter) light anti-infantry vehicles is a bit absurd. When the MG42 sucked it wasn't too bad, but now it's a bit much. (45 or 30 munitions price would be fair.)
7 Jul 2015, 19:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

USF super glue is one of the most retarded abilities, just like Captain's "On Me!".
7 Jul 2015, 19:17 PM

Fixing the bleed and filling the indirect fire holes are very much on the to-do list but neither of those things excuse the current absusable state of superglue.

I don't know I think it should still happen almost instantly it is not easy to pull off and you have to consider like 9 times out of 10 if it is rifle naded (which now requires the tank to already be damaged to work) or hits a mine its going to be badly wounded and only take like 1 or two AT hits depending to knock it out. It takes pretty good micro to use it as it is and smoke cover is a lot of times necessary if it can be done in time like a teamates sherman or another of your own. I mean It is harder to do than panzer tact smoke or hitting blitzkreig button. Especially if the cost is raised.

EDIT: also it does take like 5 seconds for the crew just to get out of it giving more time for it to take another at gun or shrek hit what have you.
7 Jul 2015, 19:18 PM

Going Captain means you probably won't have smoke grenades, or the M20/AA track. On Me! is a good soft counter to MGs. Just focus fire the Captain.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 110

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment