Login

russian armor

British marketing is coming!!!

PAGES (11)down
7 Jul 2015, 20:51 PM

I'm still flabbergasted that they had Brits essentially done a month ago and were going to be waiting till Sept 1st for release.

Either they are totally redesigning the entire faction or they are doing ~something~ to the vanilla/wfa armies that warrants an expansion taking so long.
7 Jul 2015, 20:52 PM
Patrion 14

I'm still flabbergasted that they had Brits essentially done a month ago

I really hope you're joking
7 Jul 2015, 20:55 PM

I really hope you're joking

I wish I was. A sept 1st release date means something went wrong/right. The right of course being Sega telling Relic "DoW3 now please :)" and a skeleton team having to "finish" the rest of the Brits.
7 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM
Patrion 14

I wish I was. A sept 1st release date means something went wrong/right. The right of course being Sega telling Relic "DoW3 now please :)" and a skeleton team having to "finish" the rest of the Brits.

Edit: Yes I have a crush on Rose Leslie. Deal with it.
7 Jul 2015, 20:58 PM

Edit: Yes I have a crush on Rose Leslie. Deal with it.

I was wondering if you meant "Are you joking because you are breaking the NDA" but I don't think it's really any mystery to someone who didn't even get in that the gap between the Alpha and release is a bit, uh, odd.

EDIT: This embarrassment is compounded by the fact OKW and USF still have no new commanders.
7 Jul 2015, 21:00 PM
Patrion 14

I was wondering if you meant "Are you joking because you are breaking the NDA" but I don't think it's really any mystery to someone who didn't even get in that the gap between the Alpha and release is a bit, uh, odd.

let's stick with odd for now, have a good day/evening.
7 Jul 2015, 21:14 PM
Patrion 14

good thing we have our own relic insider among us.
7 Jul 2015, 21:39 PM

I'm still flabbergasted that they had Brits essentially done a month ago

Not.
Even.
Close.
7 Jul 2015, 21:42 PM

Not.
Even.
Close.

I said "essentially" for a reason unless they are coming up with entirely new art assets for everything (which is why I said it's possible they are redoing a LOT of shit) the gap between the Alpha and Sept 1 is weird.

Like the phased introduction for the alpha changes makes me suspect Relic wants to drop something big because they are moving on to DoW3, but eh, the faster they get back to what they do best the better.

EDIT: It's pretty funny because whine about balance all you want but lack of content drives far, far more people away than shit balance does.
8 Jul 2015, 08:50 AM
8 Jul 2015, 09:23 AM
Patrion 14

Go apply for community manager von :foreveralone:

You guys are forgetting someone even more important than Von. Someone with far more experience in the community. Someone far more respectable. Someone, who is already in Canada.

I am speaking, of course, of:

8 Jul 2015, 09:23 AM

That is indeed a possibility. Greece has extraordinarily high unemployment rates, so Relic could just have a Greek do the marketing for CoH2 and pay him very little; he can't do much worse than the current marketing team, that's for sure.

I've always maintained that someone should get paid for the quality of their work. If you do a poor job on a task you are given, then you should be paid very little or not at all; the "marketing team" for Relic haven't been doing a satisfactory job, so I sincerely hope that they're not getting paid, or paid very little for their subpar work.

Wow, what a freaking bullshit I just read?
I, myself, am a marketing/product designer too and you know what? It's mostly not their fault. They have brutally strict regulations coming from SEGA how to promote something and how not to.
I wonder if Cynthia left the company because of the obvious lack of freedom.

I'm sure they have great ideas but if the 'bosses' change about 80-90% of their plans it will look like shit in the end. But that's the way it is. Many people (including you) that experience marketing by the way somehow think they are marketing professionals. And now you propose to let these marketing people work for free because 'yeah, everybody could do it'.

I don't say that Relics advertising and marketing is good at all. But I won't blame them because I know how hard it is to force your own ideas.

Yes I have a crush on Rose Leslie. Deal with it.

Who hasn't? She's absolutely georgeous.

8 Jul 2015, 09:47 AM
Patrion 15

I'm sure they have great ideas but if the 'bosses' change about 80-90% of their plans it will look like s*** in the end. But that's the way it is. Many people (including you) that experience marketing by the way somehow think they are marketing professionals. And now you propose to let these marketing people work for free because 'yeah, everybody could do it'.

I work in software, true there too. Reminds me of this Dilbert comic...

I have to consider the software, the bosses have to consider the product and the business aims and the two rarely match - no surprise its the same in marketing.
8 Jul 2015, 10:07 AM

I have to consider the software, the bosses have to consider the product and the business aims and the two rarely match - no surprise its the same in marketing.

And neither of them ever considers the users level of computer skills....

Ontopic:
Im hoping Brits will be good in the end. But honestly I feel like 4 factions are fine and that this is just an attempt to do more of the same. Like you know that TV show that was really good and had a good ending and then people was wanting more. So they forced another couple of seasons that didn't evolve the show but rather just repeated the first ones?
Yeah that is Brits for me.

I would much rather have seen them trying to move the game forward into something new rather then expanding the old.
8 Jul 2015, 10:38 AM
Patrion 15

And neither of them ever considers the users level of computer skills....

Ha! Exactly! :-P

I'm looking forward to seeing what that private vid is, I kind of expect it to be unrelated to any DLC but to be about a sale or event or something else entirely...
8 Jul 2015, 10:39 AM

Wow, what a freaking bullshit I just read?
I, myself, am a marketing/product designer too and you know what? It's mostly not their fault. They have brutally strict regulations coming from SEGA how to promote something and how not to.
I wonder if Cynthia left the company because of the obvious lack of freedom.

I'm sure they have great ideas but if the 'bosses' change about 80-90% of their plans it will look like shit in the end. But that's the way it is. Many people (including you) that experience marketing by the way somehow think they are marketing professionals. And now you propose to let these marketing people work for free because 'yeah, everybody could do it'.

I don't say that Relics advertising and marketing is good at all. But I won't blame them because I know how hard it is to force your own ideas.

So now you're saying it's SEGA's fault and you know, not the people doing the poor marketing? Please explain how it's SEGA's fault when Relic posted that UKF glider pic on their Twitter just recently, when it's been in the game for months? That's called poor marketing and i'm going to call Relic out on that.

I don't know how things work in Germany, but here in Canada you're expected(And payed) to give quality work. It's clear that the marketing team at Relic don't quite know how to work in the the conditions that they've been given; they chose the wrong career choice essentially.If you can't do the job adequately, then don't expect to keep your job for very long. Welcome to capitalism Highfive, enjoy your stay.
8 Jul 2015, 10:58 AM

I don't know how things work in Germany, but here in Canada you're expected(And payed) to give quality work. It's clear that the marketing team at Relic don't quite know how to work in the the conditions that they've been given; they chose the wrong career choice essentially.If you can't do the job adequately, then don't expect to keep your job for very long. Welcome to capitalism Highfive, enjoy your stay.

On the one hand I have to admit your point. It might be that it's more their fault than I wanted to admit because you surely can do something out of every condition, correct. But it is hard as hell if you have such toxic conditions. All the community managers leaving after a few months cannot be a coincidence.

Kobunite's post is on the spot.

8 Jul 2015, 13:02 PM

I've heard that's the real reason why the greeks are so upset.
8 Jul 2015, 13:17 PM

Greeks will be upset when Germany will finally put them on e-bay :snfPeter:

E-bay, E-gean edition.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak