Login

russian armor

US need more now.

PAGES (12)down
27 Jun 2015, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 22:51 PMCorsin

To be fair you have hardly any games as Axis yet you're quick to lecture others on how they're "not using the axis armies right"...

Talk about a hypocrite...

USF are fine

Still he does play Axis, yet Daspoulos has 0 games as USF.
27 Jun 2015, 23:26 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 22:51 PMCorsin

To be fair you have hardly any games as Axis yet you're quick to lecture others on how they're "not using the axis armies right"...

Talk about a hypocrite...

USF are fine

He has about 250 as axis though? Quite a lot more than 4.
28 Jun 2015, 03:35 AM

More and more encountered Allies players whining of balance while they can't ROFLstomp Ostheer in the first 5 minutes anymore.

More funny that some of them still think StuGs are still a piece of joke and A move Sherman into them, then cry for balance. :clap:

But yeah, US need easier to access their support weapon. Alpha did a good fix so I guess Relic did their "great" job patching this half-baked patch.
28 Jun 2015, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 03:35 AMPorygon
More funny that some of them still think StuGs are still a piece of joke and A move Sherman into them, then cry for balance. :clap:
:clap:Yah, the shock factor is strong with this patch.
28 Jun 2015, 04:43 AM

Yes it's more tougher to play USF now due to lack of units to counter ost T1 support units but not impossible. I agree with the thoughts about changing the tech systems and the units in each tier but USF players must be willing to adapt and try new approaches to dealing with the current changes. Unfortunately coh2 is unforgiving to players who seek to try different strategies and not follow the meta.

Things that I have done have netted me some wins:

Blindly moving units towards points is no longer feasible you must always consider the possibility of an mg there so use the map and the terrain remember the easy way is always mined.

Aggressive RE play and a fighting position can seriously disrupt both ost and Okw early game if forward position at their cutoff or fuel

Build an extra RE squad and use them as scouts for rifles- make contact with the smallest element in this case the RE allowing you the ability to maneuver your rifles to flank

Scouting is key even more now

It's ok to go T1 and the T2. Why rush a Sherman when the ost player will farm paks and a move them towards your armor when they are fighting against it

Believe in the USF pack howitzer

Rifle flares from elite rifles coupled with at guns and pack howitzers do wonders

Finding the right mix of units and massing them correctly will net success

Double REs can win fights against axis line infantry it all boils down to cover and placement - at the same time it buys time for the rifle to reach them and fight a slightly less fully hp axis squad

.50 cal is a beast but requires a spotter unit to prevent the feared rifle grenade from grens wiping the crew in one go

Just my thoughts....
28 Jun 2015, 06:58 AM
Donator 22

Invisied post 140 for flaming.
28 Jun 2015, 07:02 AM

Yes it's more tougher to play USF now due to lack of units to counter ost T1 support units but not impossible. I agree with the thoughts about changing the tech systems and the units in each tier but USF players must be willing to adapt and try new approaches to dealing with the current changes. Unfortunately coh2 is unforgiving to players who seek to try different strategies and not follow the meta.

Things that I have done have netted me some wins:

Blindly moving units towards points is no longer feasible you must always consider the possibility of an mg there so use the map and the terrain remember the easy way is always mined.

Aggressive RE play and a fighting position can seriously disrupt both ost and Okw early game if forward position at their cutoff or fuel

Build an extra RE squad and use them as scouts for rifles- make contact with the smallest element in this case the RE allowing you the ability to maneuver your rifles to flank

Scouting is key even more now

It's ok to go T1 and the T2. Why rush a Sherman when the ost player will farm paks and a move them towards your armor when they are fighting against it

Believe in the USF pack howitzer

Rifle flares from elite rifles coupled with at guns and pack howitzers do wonders

Finding the right mix of units and massing them correctly will net success

Double REs can win fights against axis line infantry it all boils down to cover and placement - at the same time it buys time for the rifle to reach them and fight a slightly less fully hp axis squad

.50 cal is a beast but requires a spotter unit to prevent the feared rifle grenade from grens wiping the crew in one go

Just my thoughts....
28 Jun 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 14:54 PMVuther

...I don't see how Grens with a 251 will die any worse than an HMG42 with a 251.

Well it depends on what stats a USF mortar would have but in my experience, gens are more prone to getting squadwiped than an mg42. Most people will use a mortar to blindly bombard an mg position, resulting in the mg simply repositioning.

If the mg is wiped ost can reman with pio, making it even better, where as an lmg gren when wiped is gone.

Personally i would be happy to see my opponent build a mortar as that means less field presence and less chance of being flanked.

1v1 perspective..
28 Jun 2015, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well it depends on what stats a USF mortar would have but in my experience, gens are more prone to getting squadwiped than an mg42. Most people will use a mortar to blindly bombard an mg position, resulting in the mg simply repositioning.

And Grens are far more capable of repositioning and keeping away from mortar fire what with the lack of any set-up and tear-down times, are they not?
28 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM

People have asked for a mortar to counter mgs. My point is a mortar will be largely ineffective unless the mg is just sitting in a house. The reason being USF will not have vision on an mg unless there is an engagement which if you are pinned will be short.

Grens on the other hand will be fighting/capping in a more forward position which usf will have vision on. If the grens move then the mortar will target new position, not only putting them at risk of getting wiped but swinging the engagement in favour of the rifles.
28 Jun 2015, 11:39 AM

I play latest match know what are USF need
Heavy Tank

28 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Guess my almost 200 games with over 2/1 w/l ratio as soviets means nothing. But don't worry trolls once I get up to about the same with USF your shitty arguments will crumble to dust.

I don't play USF because they are just a cheesy early game factions that falls flat on their face if they don't abuse cheese. Sorry, not my play style. I am only playing them to appease you whiners.

Once they make USF less cheesy and make them more well rounded, I'll be more inclined to play them and actually enjoy it.
28 Jun 2015, 18:54 PM

Guess my almost 200 games with over 2/1 w/l ratio as soviets means nothing. But don't worry trolls once I get up to about the same with USF your shitty arguments will crumble to dust.

I don't play USF because they are just a cheesy early game factions that falls flat on their face if they don't abuse cheese. Sorry, not my play style. I am only playing them to appease you whiners.
You need more FREEDOM
28 Jun 2015, 19:10 PM

USF needs t0 scouting...jeep
28 Jun 2015, 19:16 PM

Yes very much this......Relic please don't listen to the allies fanboyism.....but people since beginning of coh 2 have been just a click moving into enemys blob vs blob wars like it is ww1.....for the first time it feels like people need to use flanks just like coh 1...it feels so good now....people here instead finding new ways with current resources are just complaining so that they can again easier time just roflstomping mg lines......relic plz think of your own..don't let anything fanboys say filter your thought.( i don't know what i just said )

Yeah, because that's nothing like the volks blobs I've been facing every game ? Some players even blob sturmpios. Axis fanboy.
28 Jun 2015, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned
who the hell blobs sturmpios and wins?
28 Jun 2015, 19:47 PM

Yeah, because that's nothing like the volks blobs I've been facing every game ? Some players even blob sturmpios. Axis fanboy.

No they dont and 3 pio's isnt a blob blob and if he does consider it a free win.
28 Jun 2015, 19:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Just stop playing USF

Problems gone
28 Jun 2015, 20:23 PM

A lot of Axis only players have some kind of superiority complex I see.
28 Jun 2015, 23:47 PM

Once they make USF less cheesy and make them more well rounded, I'll be more inclined to play them and actually enjoy it.

USF are not cheesy, and they hold up well, if you know how to play. I'm not a pro, but I recognize that pros know how to maximize USF advantages, without being cheesy. When I play USF, I know that I can't afford to make many mistakes. I've been beaten by USF as well, when I've played as Axis, and seen some sound, tactical gameplay leading to a victory. Your comments come across as, "I'll play USF when it's easy".
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS