Login

russian armor

US need more now.

PAGES (12)down
25 Jun 2015, 22:58 PM
Donator 11

So far the wc51 get countered by the sturmpios and light arms fire. The 20 fuel cost and doctrine limitations makes it hard to as a choice to go with for usf and makes countering the kubal hard. The withdrawal refit is still bugged (fixed in alpha) so the 7 fuel back for it is worthless.

Other than that, the assault engineers are decent however they have such a low health that they are really easy to push off the field. The fact that they have to get close makes them very hard to keep them from getting wiped on retreat.

REs are good for capping. The hardly ever kill models but they are good supporting units if you can get a fighting position. However the fighting position gets countered hard by the morter and strum pips.

One of the big issues usr faces is mg spam. The only way to counter the kubal is to go wc51 but that requires the doc and 20 fuel. To counter mgs you have to get smoke and even then the German player can pack up and move his mg or have a backup mg.

Usf Needs more than a morter but it's definitely a start. I just don't see how they fit into the game even in 1v1 rn.

As a side not sorry for bad grammar I'm on my phone
25 Jun 2015, 23:36 PM

i posted in another thread earlier, but i think USF requires a slightly different kind of mentality now, rather than before where you could kinda of just swarm all over the map and win because your rifles are better 1v1 than every other starting infantry. you have to take things a bit slower, capture your natural territories and play defensive in green cover instead of being aggressive and being caught in the arc of an mg42. once you have the tools to scout out enemy positions (pathfinders, rifleman flares, m20, etc), you can start doing effective flanks/smoke pushes. going grenades is a must because it gives a ton of utility. personally i like 3x rifle > grenades > rifle > captain > stuart, since the stuart is pretty good at sniping mg teams and can survive 2 pak shots.
25 Jun 2015, 23:39 PM

How USF was never designed to have a mortar blows my mind. Axis AND Soviet have multiple answers for a USF HMG. Whether it's mortars, rifle grenades or sprint abilities to get close enough to throw a grenade before suppression. I'm not asking for a buff, I'm asking for a viable counter that isn't simply "flank the damn thing". We both know the maps are not designed or big enough sometimes for a realistic flanking maneuver.
25 Jun 2015, 23:41 PM

i posted in another thread earlier, but i think USF requires a slightly different kind of mentality now, rather than before where you could kinda of just swarm all over the map and win because your rifles are better 1v1 than every other starting infantry. you have to take things a bit slower, capture your natural territories and play defensive in green cover instead of being aggressive and being caught in the arc of an mg42. once you have the tools to scout out enemy positions, you can start doing effective flanks/smoke pushes. going grenades is a must because it gives a ton of utility. personally i like 3x rifle > grenades > rifle > captain > stuart, since the stuart is pretty good at sniping mg teams and can survive 2 pak shots.
I've been adapting and winning, but it really sucks to be so restricted to getting grenades. They are so necessary right now that they might as well just put them in the teching automatically. They are supposed to be versitile, now they are forced into an even more restrictive early game.
26 Jun 2015, 00:10 AM

I've been adapting and winning, but it really sucks to be so restricted to getting grenades. They are so necessary right now that they might as well just put them in the teching automatically. They are supposed to be versitile, now they are forced into an even more restrictive early game.

well, if grenades werent needed i would actually never buy them and just save the fuel for a vehicle. atleast now you have the choice between getting a fast officer or using your rifles more.
26 Jun 2015, 00:33 AM

well, if grenades werent needed i would actually never buy them and just save the fuel for a vehicle. atleast now you have the choice between getting a fast officer or using your rifles more.

What do you think about the WC51? I feel like it could be a viable option for getting troops in to decent flanking position but the fuel cost is insane and always makes more sense to unlock grenades.
26 Jun 2015, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 00:33 AMTetley

What do you think about the WC51? I feel like it could be a viable option for getting troops in to decent flanking position but the fuel cost is insane and always makes more sense to unlock grenades.

havent tried it yet. but could work in theory i guess.
26 Jun 2015, 00:47 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 00:33 AMTetley

it's decent for flanking but you'll just get phausted and lose the 20fuel. Nades are required but USF shouldn't require loads of munitions just to stay relevant in a game.

Lemon's idea on a slow rolling push across the map may work we will see
26 Jun 2015, 01:47 AM

Infantry Company, Nadea, 3 rifle, Officer, Stuart/.50, Mortar HT, other officer has been working for me. You then go into Jacksons. RE control is key, fighting positions and barbed wire everywehr. Ability of Rifles to build Sandbags is critical.
26 Jun 2015, 03:45 AM

I would say Recon Company will make a good attraction now, thanks to the multiple tools you have to (surprisingly!) recon the enemy.
I have used this doctrine with surprising success due to Rifles being able to spot and engage enemy positions to their favor as well IR pathfinders with their great sight.
I do find USF has to merely adjust to a different mind set as Lemon mentioned earlier, going from early aggression to a mixture of a defensive and mobile early game. Having a mortar would be a great of course haha with smoke barrages and such.
26 Jun 2015, 04:01 AM

WC51 is a viable option, thanks to its good sight range it can scout out enemy positions and deliver units to good flanking opportunities, good observation Tetley. While 20 fuel may sound a rather high price, it does pay off with a mobile reaction or aggressive force (WC51 + Rifle squad).
26 Jun 2015, 05:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Rifles too expensive. Drop price down to 260 and slightly nerf them. Shouldn't be able to be super UBER early on and then fall flat on their face due to bleed later.
26 Jun 2015, 05:26 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 20:43 PMZyllen

you need a total of 35 fuel to get the first 50 cal out. so its not way to late. and yes usf players are overreacting.

35 fuel? You purchased the Lieutenant during a Steam sale?
26 Jun 2015, 05:34 AM

Rifles too expensive. Drop price down to 260 and slightly nerf them. Shouldn't be able to be super UBER early on and then fall flat on their face due to bleed later.

Only if support weapons are unlocked earlier.
26 Jun 2015, 06:06 AM

the USF have grenade, bar, and bazooka upgrade, and last patch the USF player rarely need any of them. This was precisely the problem.

Granted, part of the reason is the bazooka and bar are over priced, but USF can usually ignore the upgrades and just cruise straight to Sherman.

The USF should really be forced to buy some type of upgrade to keep up with the wehr. Especially since the wehr are pretty dependent on their hmg42 and lmg42.

The wehr delay the sherman by forcing the USF to buy the bars or grenade. This allow the wehr to buy the stug/pziv around the same time as the jackson/sherman, not after.
26 Jun 2015, 06:52 AM

The light mortar gets a lot of attention but What if the WC51 was made a T0 unit as well? The USF would have an early tool to combat Kubels and to flank MGs but at the cost of delaying grenades or tech. It would at least provide the American player another unit to build instead of just more rifles.
26 Jun 2015, 07:15 AM

That would contradict the American theme of mobility, versatility, and low survivability though.
26 Jun 2015, 07:23 AM
Benefactor 115

OH MY GOD I HAVE TO FLANK HOW CAN I PLAY NOW?????
26 Jun 2015, 07:46 AM

35 fuel? You purchased the Lieutenant during a Steam sale?

I think you start with 15 fuel as USF.
26 Jun 2015, 10:10 AM

the USF have grenade, bar, and bazooka upgrade, and last patch the USF player rarely need any of them. This was precisely the problem.

Granted, part of the reason is the bazooka and bar are over priced, but USF can usually ignore the upgrades and just cruise straight to Sherman.

The USF should really be forced to buy some type of upgrade to keep up with the wehr. Especially since the wehr are pretty dependent on their hmg42 and lmg42.

The wehr delay the sherman by forcing the USF to buy the bars or grenade. This allow the wehr to buy the stug/pziv around the same time as the jackson/sherman, not after.
They didn't rarely need to buy an ugrade, they just had a choice. Before I could choose to opt out of grenades and rely on just flanking. Which would free up munitions for bars, zooks. Or not get any and use the munitions on things like mines, light vehicles, or abilities like IR artillery.

That's the point I wasn't forced into getting anything. You had to spend your munitions on something, but it didn't have to be any one thing. Now you are forced into getting grenades every single time, and spend a large majority of your munitions on them. Which directly takes away from the variety of the entire US faction.

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS