Login

russian armor

US need more now.

PAGES (12)down
25 Jun 2015, 14:49 PM

USF definitely need more flexibility in the opening, even if it will requires rework of riflemen or tech sistem.
25 Jun 2015, 16:31 PM
Donator 11

Rifles are worthless bast the 3-4 min mark. Waiting to get a sherman (as someone suggested) is silly, why do I have to wait 10-15mins into game to gain a foothold on the map.

USF needs better opening options or more options for elite infantry to keep their infantry relevant into late game.
25 Jun 2015, 16:40 PM

Late game rifles are fine. You have to a) upgrade them and b) respect the fact that they're line infantry. Plop them in green cover with double BARs, vet 3, and grenades.

Late game Riflemen also have the benefit of the Major+ Ambulance.

It's the USF early game lacking now.
25 Jun 2015, 16:49 PM

Yeah rifles are fine. Dual bar rifles can go toe to toe with any other infantry in the game and the new .50 cal allows you to compinsate for the AI if you choose not to get bars.

The real problem is that you can't actually buy bars right now because most your munitions are going to need to go into using smoke and grenades.
25 Jun 2015, 17:00 PM

Yes. USF is an "upgrade" faction, like Wehr. Even more so. You can't just have your basic infantry pop abilities every engagement like the Soviets.
25 Jun 2015, 17:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Sorry about that, I thought I skirted around that subject.

Could you modify the NDA reference out of it? Or is it deleted into oblivion? I think you know the point I'm trying to get through.

Your skirting round the subject in this instance, was as effective as charging an HMG head-on and then claiming you were flanking it :D

It is a cardinal rule on these forums, that nobody on Staff edits another's post. If we have to, we invis, but we do not rewrite another post, in any way, shape or form.

I will PM you. ;)

Back to topic.
25 Jun 2015, 17:20 PM

just give up man, go play as soviets because play as usf always was a pain in the ass...this community is full of axis fanboys, and they will be always here to talk shit that they know nothing about.
25 Jun 2015, 17:39 PM

Just try rear echelons :foreveralone:
25 Jun 2015, 17:44 PM

Just try rear echelons :foreveralone:

Their ability to use slot weapons has been ninja improved by 15%, Kappa.
25 Jun 2015, 17:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

this thread,obvious axis fanboys will be obvious. You got your batshit OP mg42 again.
However.....
THis isnt 2013. I think USF was designed to not get rekt by MG spam.

USF Is just a technologically improved 2013 soviet without oorah cons. At least thats the way I see it.

MG buffs was a little much without giving usf anything in return like a mortar :foreveralone: but its not THAT bad right now,its manageable.

Rifle flamers are still OP as ever for MGs in building since they dont explode instantly, just use a bait squad and then the flamer. If you're really uncomfortable fire ONE smoke nade then walk up,try to stand in some cover, and attack ground the building. Ass engy and rear echelon forward rush at 0:00(only USF and OKW can do this guys,if you come across sturms then get in the building faster. TRAIN YOURSELF TO GET YOUR FIRST SQUAD RUNNING towards a building at 0:00!!) if you want to prevent enemy from taking important building early on, so you DONT have to use smoke as 3rd purchase to clear them,
Pathfinder at 1CP to SPOT mg,and then simply go around it because you know where it is. Vision is beautiful tool. And its free-ish.

M20,this patch just tone down the aggression a little bit,be a bit more conservative,dont drive into incendiary rounds,and do not lose it. swap your crew by default because ostheer will KNOW youre gonna rush an M20.
Try going captain into stuart (ITS ACTUALLY A VIABLE BUILD!!)AFTER lieutenant and just own your opponent with M20+ Stuart+5 Rifle including officer light vehicle play. USF REALLY relies on light vehicle play creating openings combined with rifles exploiting that opening for map control.
as in NO MORE 3 RIFLE SHERMAN RUSH.

And smoke spam is still good and well worth making MGs move and be liabilities for 300 munitions a game.....just fire it before you run into the MG so no suppression. IF theres MG's overlapping then you arent flankerino hard enough

Everything I just mentioned I tried or had tried agaisnt me this patch last night against good players in 1v1 and 2v2,so no theory crafting or fanboyism here.
25 Jun 2015, 18:04 PM

USF need more tools to play with, they are not powerless, they are just very easy to predict.

With the Hmg revamp, smoke grenades is now mandatory so there is less option then before...with later less full and ammo.

No stock units: flamers, snipers, mortars, mobile mass bombardment, no mines,no demo, no barbwire... must go to base to get Bars or/and zooks (hello big maps)

Did i miss something ?

Some of the above units come from dedicated cmdr.

Weakest faction by far in 3vs3 and 4vs4.

Must pray the P-47 god to win for them....

Please Relic, add alot of little love to the USF.

The 3vs3 and 4vs4 balance meta has'nt changed, but it need to in favor of the USF.

Add a Jeep with .50 or light mortar upgrad in the base (t0) that can capture as a kubel so we can build it instead of rifles.

To Resume : More options, plz more options but not more power.

:)

Thanks
25 Jun 2015, 18:42 PM

I guess OKW needs something to to counter MG's to because they don't even have smoke to shit.

Your still not going to see the 50 cal that much it comes in way too late and if you do at most you will see one. Like it and at gun we have no counter barrage to protect them from mortars or stuka or at least one that comes early enough or is viable enough and they just become wasted tech or manpower.

USF need a mortar team BAD. The pak is ok but comes too late and is not good enough for barraging bunkers and machine guns or counter barrage. We do have smoke yes but it is much harder to accomplish that now. Infantry company mortar is 40 fuel and takes 2cp which again is too late. Every faction IMO including okw needs a mortar team.

We are easily predictable we depend on having to make the m20 or other light vehicles that already seem to have their counters on the field and they also delay teching quite a bit.

like left start on rails and metal the south fuel is the closest but you can never beat axis there and smart axis always know to rush that point no matter what side they are on. I've tried getting positions up but then mortar comes and usf has no awnser but maybe the m20 but rifles can't get past mgs to help it our so your just screwed. if you go to north fuel it is too far away from left start to get a hold on as USF forward reinforcement point does not come until major and it takes axis very little to lock down points now leaving volks/grens free to contest you anywhere they want with early forward reinforcement points (truck/halftrack).
25 Jun 2015, 18:52 PM
Donator 33

USF need a mortar in T0 for smoke vs MG42s or other suppression platforms.
25 Jun 2015, 18:55 PM

Iv seen the .50 cal in literally every game Iv played since the patch. It can suppress a very large number of squads on the first burst and it has very good damage versus light vehicles combined with a fast set up and tear down time.

Like I feel that a lot of the complaints just stems from USF having a big shift in it's meta.
25 Jun 2015, 19:01 PM

Give them the AA mortar and perhaps the rangers?

With rangers beign very expensive like 300-310 mp and acting as a scout unit like pathfiners, just non-doctrinal but at the same time not replacing rifles.

Edit: this stuff for T0 ofc.
25 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

Your still not going to see the 50 cal that much it comes in way too late and if you do at most you will see one. Like it and at gun we have no counter barrage to protect them from mortars or stuka or at least one that comes early enough or is viable enough and they just become wasted tech or manpower.

you need a total of 35 fuel to get the first 50 cal out. so its not way to late. and yes usf players are overreacting.
25 Jun 2015, 21:01 PM
25 Jun 2015, 22:14 PM

usf needs more people discussing strategy and utilizing more commanders than just rifle co.
25 Jun 2015, 22:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

usf needs more people discussing strategy and utilizing more commanders than just rifle co.

What is a strategy

Can you eat it

(My personal opinion is the USF opening is a mite too restrictive outside of commander options, but that certainly doesn't mean don't do what you're saying)
25 Jun 2015, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 22:23 PMVuther

What is a strategy

Can you eat it

(My personal opinion is the USF opening is a mite too restrictive outside of commander options, but that certainly doesn't mean don't do what you're saying)

nourishment for the inquisitive soul my friend ^^

my mind is whirring away trying to incorporate early RE's, Assault Engineers (played a great game against... I think VonAsten, who used them like Soviets, demo's etc) flamers... hell, CoH1 gave us the jeep, does the WC51 have a role now??

but really, i don't think the counters are going to revolve around strategies or new units, but rather a tactical evolution, veto's are going to be more important than ever, as well as lane control and spreading the map, timing and execution on flanks is going to be paramount, and probably require more scouting or really cold inferences.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS