Login

russian armor

Ostheer Dedicated "TD" need 60 Range as Others

24 Jun 2015, 20:02 PM

Ostheer TD range is unfairly ridiculous.
Talking about stock TD units:

US:
Jackson: 60 Range

Soviet:
SU85: 60 Range
SU76: 60 Range

OKW:
Jagdpanzer IV: 60 Range
Panther: 50 Range

Ostheer:
StuG III: 50 Range
Panther: 50 Range

As if soviet SU85 can sight as far as 60 range for itself, SU76 track target also give sight;
Ostheer Tanks always will get hit first before it gets in range.

If StuG III remains 50 range for its price and tech, fine. But panther is locked at ridiculously expensive T4 with a price tag of 175 fuel. It should be brought in line with other dedicated TD.
24 Jun 2015, 20:05 PM

You counter TDs with AT guns, not other TDs.

You forgot about wolverine as well.

TDs below 120 fuel cost can't have 60 range and durability to survive 3 tank shots.

Axis also have superior stock tanks.
Should we buff T34/76 and Sherman armor to 180 and lower their scatter to P4 levels as well, because its "unfair" otherwise?

Lets also completely ignore spotting scopes and best vet1 TD ability in whole game.

As spoiled as ost is with recent patches, you can't have everything.
24 Jun 2015, 20:15 PM

Permanently Banned
You want 60 range panther stock? ok.

nurf its armor, health, speed, acceleration, and make mg's useless on it.

24 Jun 2015, 20:17 PM

Ever heard of asymetrical balance ?
24 Jun 2015, 20:30 PM

Something has to be done for the Ostheer Panther considering that it always comes out to little to late in competitive game modes (talking 1v1 and 2v2 here).

Giving it 55 range or a better ROF would go a long way towards making the Ost Panther worth it's cost. That or they could just fix teching, but I guess they don't plan on doing that anymore.
24 Jun 2015, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:17 PMGiaA
Ever heard of asymetrical balance ?

This argument died when WFA came out, sorry.
24 Jun 2015, 20:33 PM
Donator 11

I don't get how 50 range is not enough, especially as stug and panther are only vehicles on your list that have pintle MG.
24 Jun 2015, 20:34 PM

This argument died when WFA came out, sorry.

what ?
24 Jun 2015, 20:39 PM

Alex, something off topic. Is your 1 subscriber Katitof? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You want 60 range panther stock? ok.

nurf its armor, health, speed, acceleration, and make mg's useless on it.

*nvm*

I don't get how 50 range is not enough, especially as stug and panther are only vehicles on your list that have pintle MG.

Wow a whole 6 DPS at point blank range, with a max range of 35 that sure is great on a tank that you never want to use close to infantry.

what ?

The "asymmetrical balance" argument made sense in Vanilla were we had 2 distinct factions that had hard set rules with extremely few exceptions.

Since WFA those all went out the window. You can easily face these days an Allied army consisting of 5 men or fewer squads or an Axis army consistent of 5 men or greater squads.
24 Jun 2015, 20:45 PM

Wow a whole 6 DPS at point blank range, with a max range of 35 that sure is great on a tank that you never want to use close to infantry.

The "asymmetrical balance" argument made sense in Vanilla were we had 2 distinct factions that had hard set rules with extremely few exceptions.

Since WFA those all went out the window. You can easily face these days an Allied army consisting of 5 men or fewer squads or an Axis army consistent of 5 men or greater squads.

What the hell, asymetrical balance is just as important right now as it used to be back when we only had two factions. I have no clue what your squad size example has to do with this. In that context OPs reasoning doesn't make sense. It's not "unfair" when a faction has a disadvantage in a certain area.
24 Jun 2015, 20:46 PM
Donator 11

Well it does what its ment for. It also shoots down planes pretty well. And you're not going to tell me that you never buy mgs for those vehicles as 'they will never be close to infantry'. Its bullshit. Both stug-g and panther are powerful and hugely cost effective vehicles. Much more cost effective than their callin or okw counterparts once you tech.
24 Jun 2015, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:45 PMGiaA

What the hell, asymetrical balance is just as important right now as it used to be back when we only had two factions. I have no clue what your squad size example has to do with this. In that context OPs reasoning doesn't make sense. It's not "unfair" when a faction has a disadvantage in a certain area.

So it the T34/76 being unmitigated garbage "asymmetrical" balance? I fail to see how Ostheer TD's being bumped up to the same level as literally every single other faction in the game's TD's would cause an issue.

I mean, yeah the Puma, and M10 both have 50 range but they are also fast and have a turret.

Well it does what its ment for. It also shoots down planes pretty well. And you're not going to tell me that you never buy mgs for those vehicles as 'they will never be close to infantry'. Its bullshit. Both stug-g and panther are powerful and hugely cost effective vehicles. Much more cost effective than their callin or okw counterparts once you tech.

The Ost Panther is very, very cost ineffective due to how much teching costs on top of 175 fuel. The OKW Panther however, IS cost effective. I don't buy MG's on Ost Panthers because I almost never have games that last long enough for me to justify the purchase of one.

The StuG G right now is fine, but I would be more than happy to trade the MG's on the Ostheer Panther for a range increase, a cost reduction, or a ROF bonus.

24 Jun 2015, 20:57 PM

The Ost Panther is very, very cost ineffective due to how much teching costs on top of 175 fuel. The OKW Panther however, IS cost effective. I don't buy MG's on Ost Panthers because I almost never have games that last long enough for me to justify the purchase of one.

It's cost effective in 2v2 and above. :foreveralone:
24 Jun 2015, 21:02 PM

So it the T34/76 being unmitigated garbage "asymmetrical" balance? I fail to see how Ostheer TD's being bumped up to the same level as literally every single other faction in the game's TD's would cause an issue.

I mean, yeah the Puma, and M10 both have 50 range but they are also fast and have a turret.

The StuG G right now is fine, but I would be more than happy to trade the MG's on the Ostheer Panther for a range increase, a cost reduction, or a ROF bonus.

What's a "TD" ? Tank Depot ? You can't directly compare the different tiers of the factions. Some of them are linear (USF, Wehr) some aren't (OKW, Soviet). And yes the T34 is underpowered but how does that matter right now ? I never even mentioned the T34 wtf. Every faction has its advantages and disadvantages and that's how it's supposed to be.
24 Jun 2015, 21:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Actually you have like 20-12-5 DPS with the default MGs. You add 14-9-3 with the MG upgrade.
24 Jun 2015, 21:06 PM

Its not a real heavy necessity.What ost really needs is viable lategame artillery instead of shit lefh and waferwerfer.And fix teching costs so we can actually use panther.
24 Jun 2015, 21:08 PM

Actually you have like 20-12-5 DPS with the default MGs. You add 14-9-3 with the MG upgrade.

The coaxial one on the Panther (which is what I thought he was talking about) only has 6 at point blank. But yeah regardless of the performance of the MG's it still doesn't justify the insane cost for the Ostheer Panther.

What's a "TD" ? Tank Depot ? You can't directly compare the different tiers of the factions. Some of them are linear (USF, Wehr) some aren't (OKW, Soviet). And yes the T34 is underpowered but how does that matter right now ? I never even mentioned the T34 wtf. Every faction has its advantages and disadvantages and that's how it's supposed to be.

Let me put it simply. Something being worse than everything else cannot be justified through the lens of "asymmetrical balance".
24 Jun 2015, 21:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:57 PMVonIvan

It's cost effective in 2v2 and above. :foreveralone:

From what I know alex never plays 1v1s. That makes his statements even stranger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★