Login

russian armor

Negativity, a standard claim by so many

19 Jun 2015, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi,

I have been a member of this forum for a few weeks now. I have had the game since launch and have seen the many hardships it endured and have enjoyed the game for quite some time now. I have let my little brother use this account to post some threads about help, but he now has his own account.

We both have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of negativity claims on this forum. If you state the obvious, you are a too negative, if you question the balance, you are too negative, if you question certain arguments, you are too negative or a flamer, if you question anything relic does, you are too negative or a whiner.

What is the reason for this? I mean stating the obvious fails of relic isn't negative, it is realistic. Stating balane issues isn't negative, it is helpfull. How come people here are claiming negative to anything they don't approve of?

Just the other day, I started a thread about peoples thoughts regarding the new patch. If they will play as much or wait for the next patch. It was swarmed after two posts by negativity, me being called a whiner and and some other statements regarding me taking a piece of candy from strangers when I was a small child (lol yeah really xd), it didn't make sense at all

I mean what gibs xd? Why is it like that on here?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers
19 Jun 2015, 19:58 PM

CoH is srs bsns.

There are a number of people on this forum that are in a perpetual state of argument with each other and their personal beefs with each other spill into the vast majority of threads any of them post in. This is one of the major reasons most threads get derailed.
19 Jun 2015, 20:01 PM
Donator 11

Because people are used to being force fed shit content at this point, and even if you do point something out that's wrong/imbalanced/other Relic with never ever ever ever look at it or implement it so there's no point in doing it.
19 Jun 2015, 20:04 PM

Talking about Balance is allways a walk over thin ice. some say unbalanced some say player fail. And many many many call u fanboy or noob :P

60% are rly noobs...so

and RNG is a b****
19 Jun 2015, 20:08 PM
Patrion 310

Welcome to Kings Landing. You must be new around here.

19 Jun 2015, 20:10 PM

[...], if you question certain arguments, you are too negative or a flamer[...]

There is even a flamer in your profile picture. I thought it was symbolic?
19 Jun 2015, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 20:10 PMFluffi

There is even a flamer in your profile picture. I thought it was symbolic?

haha good one never thought of that xd, but no haha. It reminds me of the good memories I had of rushing it when you could do it under 5 minutes and wipe anything on retreat. The tears and the pain I received from my enemies was glorious.
19 Jun 2015, 20:26 PM

Negativity? How can one be negative when there is so much gold in the community and game

Agreed. I noticed one thing though - Expert (at least from what I've witnessed) USF AI will research BARs at the very start of the game as the first item in the build order.

By RPhilMan1 from official forums. This is the kind of bullshit that I used to write when I was bored, but it's beyond ridiculous
19 Jun 2015, 20:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Stick to Relic Games long enough and you will become negative. Simple as that.

You will find the biggest longterm fans of Relic Games in these forums. Relic has the tendency to make potentially amazing games but always makes sure to add >something< that kind of ruins the fun.

That plus many many other things makes Relic a very frustrating company to deal with.

The vast majority of hardcore CoH fans Ive talked to have some kind of love/hate relationship with Relic.
24 Jun 2015, 13:39 PM

I really did smile when I read you opening post, it's funny to me, and I like fun stuff :)
I mean stating the obvious fails of relic isn't negative, it is realistic.

Look around you. Relic has created an absolutely extraordinary game. Negativity and bad behaviour we have plenty of. So it might just happen that one day, one too many posts about "realism" is posted and people say stfu. You know. Because enough is enough. Gotta sense the situation a bit. Like pointing out realistic stuff when the people working hard on the game just came up with stuff that improves gameplay alot. Like one of those moments. I would've gone unrealistic for a while then if I were you.
24 Jun 2015, 14:00 PM

It's not always called negativity, it's called stating facts.
Ofcourse there are some negative comments, but not all negative statements is negativity.
24 Jun 2015, 14:35 PM

Hi,

I have been a member of this forum for a few weeks now. I have had the game since launch and have seen the many hardships it endured and have enjoyed the game for quite some time now. I have let my little brother use this account to post some threads about help, but he now has his own account.

We both have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of negativity claims on this forum. If you state the obvious, you are a too negative, if you question the balance, you are too negative, if you question certain arguments, you are too negative or a flamer, if you question anything relic does, you are too negative or a whiner.

What is the reason for this? I mean stating the obvious fails of relic isn't negative, it is realistic. Stating balane issues isn't negative, it is helpfull. How come people here are claiming negative to anything they don't approve of?

Just the other day, I started a thread about peoples thoughts regarding the new patch. If they will play as much or wait for the next patch. It was swarmed after two posts by negativity, me being called a whiner and and some other statements regarding me taking a piece of candy from strangers when I was a small child (lol yeah really xd), it didn't make sense at all

I mean what gibs xd? Why is it like that on here?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers

Can you quote yourself topics and replies where you state that obvious anybody on this forum must agreed with you or being negative?

25 Jun 2015, 08:15 AM

Patches bring up a lot of negativity. We all love the game and we're all sick of being lied to by Relic.
25 Jun 2015, 08:51 AM

It's just popular to beat on developers and expect significantly more than is really feasible in some cases. I think the community just tends to expect a lot from its beloved RTS and the people who build and maintain it.

As far as anger/negativity on the internet in general goes, there are a lot of contributing factors to that problem. You could have an endless discussion about the sociological reasoning behind it all.

There's a really good video related to this subject on youtube. It's not directly on topic, but might give you some possible explanations. The important part starts around 2:36 if you don't want to watch it all.

Video

In all likelihood, there are plenty of people with more reasonable outlooks and opinions who don't post as frequently as the angry vocal majority. You're more likely to attract them if you keep a polite and pleasant tone. :)

25 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 08:15 AMsamich
Patches bring up a lot of negativity. We all love the game and we're all sick of being lied to by Relic. excited!

/fixed4u
25 Jun 2015, 10:41 AM
Patrion 14

CoH is srs bsns.

There are a number of people on this forum that are in a perpetual state of argument with each other and their personal beefs with each other spill into the vast majority of threads any of them post in. This is one of the major reasons most threads get derailed.

+1
25 Jun 2015, 12:31 PM

/fixed4u

I'm not sure you did mate
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 27
New Zealand 19
Poland 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias