russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
22 Jun 2015, 20:40 PM

So now button vehicle actually matters? :foreveralone:
22 Jun 2015, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 20:29 PMVonIvan
At nade change doesn't matter when you have Guards/At-guns/85s. :foreveralone:
Of course it matters Von. Now you can win with the first t34/85 callin instead of waiting for the 2nd :foreveralone:
22 Jun 2015, 20:57 PM
Donator 33

Faust/ATNade change is easily the worst idea in this patch indeed and also a considerable indirect buff to Allies at least in 1v1.

Is it only a buff for Allies? Light vehicles are not affected by this change. Medium/Heavy armor is used by Allies and Axis so it's a buff for every faction.
22 Jun 2015, 21:00 PM

Is it only a buff for Allies? Light vehicles are not affected by this change. Medium/Heavy armor is used by Allies and Axis so it's a buff for every faction.

Also invisible, moving puppchens.

So who got buffed again here?
22 Jun 2015, 21:27 PM

Permanently Banned

I have three of the speed bulletins and stacking them has felt negligible in testing. Better off with 6% cost reduction bulletin IMO.

Hmm, one does feel like it makes a difference. Weird haha
22 Jun 2015, 21:29 PM

Jein.
The one scenario where this really matters (apart from Molos six 85s charging at you) is that ie. an early Sherman can now shut down any and all harassment pretty risk free and has much better opportunities for gaining squadwipes. This has far and away the greatest impact on how the game will play out. Since in the "typical" 1v1, Axis (both OH and OKW) have to come from behind and will have less map and later medium armour, this affects them much more severely than it does the Allies.
22 Jun 2015, 21:53 PM
Donator 33

Jein.
The one scenario where this really matters (apart from Molos six 85s charging at you) is that ie. an early Sherman can now shut down any and all harassment pretty risk free and has much better opportunities for gaining squadwipes. This has far and away the greatest impact on how the game will play out. Since in the "typical" 1v1, Axis (both OH and OKW) have to come from behind and will have less map and later medium armour, this affects them much more severely than it does the Allies.

I see. That might be a problem indeed. I guess retreat paths have to be mined to prevent squad wipes. AT as support for harassment attempts might be needed.

Harassing will definitely be riskier and harder to execute. I can't say which faction suffers the most from this change. In theory, Axis can just as well wipe harassing units on retreat.

We'll see how it works out.
23 Jun 2015, 08:35 AM
Patrion 27

Hmm, one does feel like it makes a difference. Weird haha

Oh yeah, the bulletin works. I am saying that three duplicates has diminishing return.

This seems like the wrong thread for this but, who cares... patch comes out today. SWEET!

Anyway, I have done too much testing of bulletin stacking for my own good. I've come to the conclusion that it's never really worth it to go three deep on a single bulletin. Two of the same and a different third seems better.
23 Jun 2015, 08:51 AM
Donator 33

I never liked that dynamic where grens should *always* faust (if possible) before retreating even when there is no follow-up. It's a no-brainer to do it but doesn't create any interesting gameplay.

If this change leads to less shift-click unsupported harassing, that's a good thing imho.
23 Jun 2015, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 21:00 PMKatitof

Also invisible, moving puppchens.

So who got buffed again here?

Yep, toggling camo is such a buff, indeed. Also the "hold fire" features for JLIs and Fallschirms. I think allied should tremble in terror, for these changes will transform OKW in OPW again. Also, if they were granted an upgrade that will allow them to smoke a cigarette in a brief pause, that would surely make other factions nearly unplayable because OKW would be so op.
23 Jun 2015, 13:29 PM

At what time will they release this patch? On 3v3,4v4....sick of is2s spam in an hour long game. Panther will have a field day on open maps against su85s. Stupid M36 hiding behind spam of is2s...good luck!

At least now my volks can move around without being murdered by spam of is2s. T34? lol......
23 Jun 2015, 13:42 PM

Slightly annoying that Relic lists stat changes, but describes full alpha changes to units, ie su-76 description and DSHKA description to actual changes.
23 Jun 2015, 14:12 PM

NEVER FORGET TODAY BOYS. :foreveralone:
I hope you have enough Paks and Stugs to handle dis meta. You can only try so hard :foreveralone:

BALANCE

Increase the Number of Viable Strategies in the Game
Make core tech tree units more desirable
Increase the viability of light vehicle combat.
Promote and Encourage Combined Arms
Reduce Negative User Experiences in Gameplay
Reduce the amount of frustrating moments that can be caused by undesirable gameplay
Improve usability and remove unintended behavior from the game
General game balance tuning
Reduce the amount un-desired randomness generated

PTRS & DP28-LMG
This weapon drop rates were set way higher than other weapons; basically setting the drop rate in line with other weapons. The Guard Troops carry a lot of droppable weapons so they always seem to drop a lot more weapons than any other Infantry squads. We’ve decided to reduce the drop rate to compensate for this.
Drop rate of PTRS at rifle and DP-28 LMG to from 33% to 10%
This should cause more incentive to acquire even moar Guards.

T-34/85s
We felt this change could be delayed inevitably, as T-34/85s are Relic Tier Meta. Without the utilization of T-34/85s how are you going to own everything with Guard Blobs all by themselves?

Panzerfaust / AT Grenade/ Rifle AT Grenades
We are retuning how infantry snares work; as they act as a big deterrent to using light vehicles. We hope this will encourage more cover and positional play with infantry to deal with vehicles.
Can no longer deal Engine Destroy critical
Can no longer generate critical to units over 75% HP for Medium and Heavy Vehicles
We felt this change would allow more players to go Guards instead of Conscripts

CAS
Why change the meta?

Stug E Call in
We felt the Stug E was over performing against infantry so we are reducing its rate of fire. We have also decided to bring its health in line with the Stug G
Reload increased from 3.8 to 5.3
Health increased from 400 to 560

So we gave it more health, reload doesn't matter when you have lots of StugEs :foreveralone:
23 Jun 2015, 15:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I hope someone is preparing a video for this patch.

"PTRS!"
23 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM

Anyone knows the exact time the servers go down?

Thanks
23 Jun 2015, 17:36 PM

This Stug buff will def make Soviet medium armor useless, T-34s will suck even more. Hats off to you Relic.
23 Jun 2015, 17:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 16:16 PMleonux
Anyone knows the exact time the servers go down?

Thanks

For those that missed it in the patch notes, the game will be down from 2pm PDT to 6pm PDT - once it returns, you'll have the patch! #COH2
23 Jun 2015, 18:19 PM

This Stug buff will def make Soviet medium armor useless, T-34s will suck even more. Hats off to you Relic.

Dual T3485s should still beat dual Stugs. Stugs don't have the long range of other TDs so you should be okay closing. Although we don't knwo anything for sure until the patch is live.
23 Jun 2015, 18:31 PM

MFW looking at the people fighting the good fight in this thread

Lets keep all the hardcore balance flaming down until people actually get their hands on the patch.
23 Jun 2015, 18:33 PM
Donator 33

Get you're Stug to vet 1, closing will be a foolish idea. The unit will be well worth it with this change.
PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS