Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
18 Jun 2015, 21:13 PM

I have a feeling all the big changes are being saved to coincide with whenever the new faction will be released.

18 Jun 2015, 21:37 PM

I'd encourage the coh2 community to check out the official thread. JLee (balancer) has been answering some questions.

Tech tree change are coming next patch. Can everybody calm the fuck down now?

Also, anybody else notice the durp with the patch notes? StrumTiger is a call in. Oh boy I wonder....
18 Jun 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 21:37 PMNapalm
I'd encourage the coh2 community to check out the official thread. JLee (balancer) has been answering some questions.

Also, anybody else notice the durp with the patch notes? StrumTiger is a call in. Oh boy I wonder....

I respect what you are trying to do here Napalm, but I for one, respectfully believe this to still be unacceptable considering they could give us what we need (not want) right now but are instead spacing it out for an even longer time which is absolutely reichdiculous imo.
18 Jun 2015, 21:43 PM

I agree with Von.
18 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM
Benefactor 115

When's the next patch though? Could be next month, could be when the new faction is ready to be deployed. Nobody knows.

after nearly 9 years of dealing with Relic I can't fully trust them on anything they say. Don't get me wrong, individually they are very nice people, when you talk to an individual developer they are very personable and are really passionate about their products but for whatever reason as an organisation it's constantly two steps forward one step back.

Relic is definitely less than the sum of its parts.
18 Jun 2015, 22:11 PM

I believe quite a few people feel the same as me, so I'll take liberty for speaking for most of us.

We know the changes are coming next patch.

But we're fucking FED UP of hearing "next patch" without even knowing WHEN the next patch will be.
It only adds insult to the injury to actually KNOW what will be in that patch and still do NOT know if it'll be next 2 week or next 2 months(who am I kidding, it'll be next 2 months at least).

This is what drives people mad, me included.
18 Jun 2015, 22:14 PM
Patrion 39

When's the next patch though? Could be next month, could be when the new faction is ready to be deployed. Nobody knows.

after nearly 9 years of dealing with Relic I can't fully trust them on anything they say. Don't get me wrong, individually they are very nice people, when you talk to an individual developer they are very personable and are really passionate about their products but for whatever reason as an organisation it's constantly two steps forward one step back.

Relic is definitely less than the sum of its parts.

Yep. It's not very encouraging when the last major balance patch was at the end of March. If they really needed more testing they should have just left the alpha going until it was 100% ready for release.
18 Jun 2015, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 21:39 PMVonIvan
reichdiculous

On a serious note, i find this patch a nice step in the right direction. Cutting teching changes for ost and soviets our of this patch is very DansGame however.
18 Jun 2015, 22:22 PM

Alpha was probably the best state this game has been in balance wise. If they did the whole alpha build and implemented it, I would be crying tears of joy right now.
18 Jun 2015, 22:24 PM

Next patch?And when will that be?
This is not helping the playerbase,this is showing contempt for their patience.Don't know what makes the balancers so timid.Ideally u would want to have the big changes in place and played for a few weeks/months before u release the brits so u can have an idea of where the original 4 stand with respect to each other before the new one comes along.
Its just too long ,every 4 months they make a patch and its generally underwhelming.They need to take a leap of faith here and make some changes that reinvent the game like the original alpha changes would have done.Instead they lost their nerve again and threw some old wine in new bottle.
18 Jun 2015, 22:26 PM

They could have just said NDA. Cut JLee a bit of slack here. He actually responded to questions with real answers. He wasn't obligated to respond. We may not like the answers he has (I'm still an Angry Bear about the KT thing) but he went out on a limb and that needs to be acknowledged.
18 Jun 2015, 23:14 PM

Nope, relic had plenty of chances. No one wants to wait any more
18 Jun 2015, 23:48 PM

Dislike, hate, or even let down, may be a little over the top. The first word to mind with these, arguably "weak" changes, would have to be disappointment.I was really rooting for relic this time around guys, in fact since the notes have been passes down to me by close Alpha comrades I've may only played a handful of games since then, even then I been COH less for two weeks now, been in heroes and generals right now, and I was excited to jump back on the 23. When I was given the notes, I was warned that it may cause me to regret playing COH as is now, I didn't think the change would be that much, but after reading them and seeing the vast improvements they plan to implement it was hard to get into regular again. It's not surprising that relic lost there nerve at the end, decided to do it in parts, what's surprising they expected us to be thrilled about it. I can honestly say that most would agree that these glaze over changes are just lack luster, I wonder are these just to buy time for the BXXX faction to show up....if so the question is when's the next patch? Are we going to have to wait for the BXXX faction update to get the patch we all desperately need (COH needs it, not a want) Or will we get it as a stand alone patch within a month.
19 Jun 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 05:00 AMVonIvan

Have you ever played top tier 1v1 and 2v2? In my experience, especially in 2v2, usually we end up with 4-6 85s per opponent. Now dbl that and expect 8-12(considering unit preservation) 85s rushing you with only 4 paks/couple stugs/maybe a tiger. Now watch mark target insta-wreck your tigers and stugs. Then watch as the horde of guards/85s wipe all your at-guns. With a lucky 120mm shell as well. You're gonna be in for one hell of a patch imo. Cpt. Molo will be leading the charge. :foreveralone:

Everyone's reaction to watching 85s stream roll into their HQ every game they play:

I have experienced top level 2v2 matches. I'm currently ranked 14th for Ostheer. I'm not saying that you never face that amount of T34/85s in 1v1s and 2v2s. I'm just saying that it's even more out of hand in 3v3s and 4v4s because you can often be 3v1ed or 4v1ed in the bigger gamemode matchs when you have noob allies. In 2v2s its alot more manageable because you rely less on your ally and will only ever have to vs 2 enemies as opposed to 3 or 4. I'm in no way disagreeing with you, i'm only saying it gets even more disgusting in 3s and 4s.
19 Jun 2015, 01:05 AM

because youll probably be able to beat a soviet player that does the very one sided strat and you execute your strategy properly. you actually are rewarded for playing well in this game.

Sometimes, the best strategy that Ostheer has to counter Guard motor tactics just isn't enough.
19 Jun 2015, 01:19 AM

I have experienced top level 2v2 matches. I'm currently ranked 14th for Ostheer. I'm not saying that you never face that amount of T34/85s in 1v1s and 2v2s. I'm just saying that it's even more out of hand in 3v3s and 4v4s because you can often be 3v1ed or 4v1ed in the bigger gamemode matchs when you have noob allies. In 2v2s its alot more manageable because you rely less on your ally and will only ever have to vs 2 enemies as opposed to 3 or 4. I'm in no way disagreeing with you, i'm only saying it gets even more disgusting in 3s and 4s.

Fair enough. The way you typed it out was interpreted differently by me. :foreveralone:
19 Jun 2015, 02:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 22:32 PMCieZ
Meanwhile...

Nobody talking about plane crashes being changed, as the community begged for. For good reason. They were dumb.

Nobody talking about Relic addressing vehicle death crits.

Nobody talking about removal of precision strike, which was a super dumb ability.

Nobody talking about the first steps in fixing call-in heavies.

Reinforced wire being cuttable.
Sturm sweepers not having terrible range anymore.

Global HMG buffs to counter-act blobbing.

Removal of Flame crits and the flamer model blowing up randomly.

No more weapon crews dying out of the blue while crewed/having to be paranoid and repair them constantly against Guards/PTRS cons.

Better tank control via prioritize vehicle being added...

Like seriously... did people just skip over all the amazing changes to immediately QQ about T34/85s, which won't be as strong as they are now relative to other Axis buffs...

/facepalm
FailFish

This community never ceases to amaze me.

Ciez, I really respect you, but please stop talking like you know things better than anyone else.

We all know that Call-in meta has been the biggest issue and concern of the community, most importantly the 85s meta. and almost everyone knows how it was addressed in Alpha, which relic decided not to release that! This issue is possibly the biggest reason why most people are not pleased with things.

And I'm sure everyone noticed all the changes you mentioned, yet they are not going to address the issue which UNFAIRLY dominates (specially 1s and 2s) games.

Hope you don't get offended, I just disagree with you in that.
19 Jun 2015, 02:57 AM

next patch coming in another 3 months? Kappa
19 Jun 2015, 04:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 02:36 AMAladdin

Ciez, I really respect you, but please stop talking like you know things better than anyone else.

We all know that Call-in meta has been the biggest issue and concern of the community, most importantly the 85s meta. and almost everyone knows how it was addressed in Alpha, which relic decided not to release that! This issue is possibly the biggest reason why most people are not pleased with things.

And I'm sure everyone noticed all the changes you mentioned, yet they are not going to address the issue which UNFAIRLY dominates (specially 1s and 2s) games.

Hope you don't get offended, I just disagree with you in that.

Something tells me all the new stuff from alpha will be part of the "Next" patch, or will be released when the next DLC drops.
19 Jun 2015, 04:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

As for KTs, I guess I never play 4v4 so I can't really say for sure, but it strikes me that if your army composition includes more than one KT you're doing something drastically wrong, which the allies should be able to exploit. I mean that would be more than half of your total popcap in two large, slow targets.

Well, you'll be supported by teammates, often OKH who will have what you lack and can provide numbers (Panthers, Paks, etc)

For OKW what you have is a push with KT / Volks

KT two shots most infantry squads and drives them off, the Volks help prevent armour rushing and mobbing the KT

The big advantage to having two KT is not that the push is twice as strong, but that you can maintain momentum and when one gets damaged or marked it can drop back to repair and the other takes over.
PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS