Login

russian armor

Is it just me or are the Allies too spam heavy lately...

14 Jun 2015, 03:12 AM

yes it does.

Not to the point where USF gains the entire map. Granted this rarely ever happens but on some maps you cannot hold a fuel, a muni point and a vp. So you end up needing to sacrifice something which leaves you at a decisive disadvantage.

surviving as ost against usf early game is childs play when compared to surviving as late game usf against well supported tiger(s). combined with bs stuka strafe and rifle nades forcing you to have super-human micro to d0dge them all.

Strafe is only an issue if there are grens nearby to throw grenades on suppressed squads. If they do then just retreat, Ost just wasted a shit tonne of munnis to force a retreat, meaning less lmgs, less tellers etc etc etc.
Strafe is not an ability I agree with as it is annoying as hell but the game is full of bs cheese mechanics and 1 click instant reward abilities.
Rifle nades are just as bs as USF nades and smoke, except they have longer range. Usf nades are just as broken verse OST mg42, where Ost player has to be spot on with his micro or mg is lost.

with that being said, the m20 advantage can be negated by saving all your muni in pgrens shrek upgrade.

Yes, but that means no med bunker, no early flamer and no scout car upgrade, and if your opponent sees the schreck squad then he can just concentrate on patrolling the perimeter and planting mines. Usf can then focus on pushing with infantry, cause OSt have a useless squad in a schreck squad and all their units health is shit.

@OP trash thread m8. try to win as allies without spamming your ass off. You wont have great success. Its literally all u can do as allies to stand a chance. It comes down to the spam u must choose, it can be rifle spam, arrty guard spam in call-ins. either way as allies you do what needs to be done, I can guarantee the axis team WILL be spamming tigers and whatever op shit they enjoy using.
Surely you watched Stephenn play. Never saw him spam ever and he seemed to do just fine. Thats not to say that a lot of buffs and nerfs aren't required.

Personally, I think Ost vs Usf is a better match up than Ost vs Sov, mainly due to most players going Guard Motor every game.
14 Jun 2015, 04:31 AM

yes it does.

surviving as ost against usf early game is childs play when compared to surviving as late game usf against well supported tiger(s). combined with bs stuka strafe and rifle nades forcing you to have super-human micro to d0dge them all.

with that being said, the m20 advantage can be negated by saving all your muni in pgrens shrek upgrade.

@OP trash thread m8. try to win as allies without spamming your ass off. You wont have great success. Its literally all u can do as allies to stand a chance. It comes down to the spam u must choose, it can be rifle spam, arrty guard spam in call-ins. either way as allies you do what needs to be done, I can guarantee the axis team WILL be spamming tigers and whatever op shit they enjoy using.

lol, he still thinks Tigers are OP. Rifleman wipe the floor with late game Axis infantry. You have to keep them alive and get them vet 3. Paratroops at Vet 3 with LMG murder all Axis infantry regardless of Vet. Maybe you should try using them. Hell even Vet 3 Rifles with BARS are equal vs Vet 3 Grens with LMG.

If you cant win with USF infantry late game, then unfortunately that is a L2P issue. If you can't combine to use your superior infantry and Jacksons with P47 to win late game as USF then unfortunately that is L2P as well.

And don't even talk to me about the Soviet late game, it's very very good and if you can't win with that either it is also L2P.
14 Jun 2015, 05:05 AM

Classic argument :)

If you respond to my points with vague nonsense turnaround is fair play.
14 Jun 2015, 05:54 AM

If you respond to my points with vague nonsense turnaround is fair play.

Sure. Im the one being vague and not making any sense. Got it. Thanks.
14 Jun 2015, 06:22 AM

yes it does.

Trash comment about the "trash" thread mate, If you don't like the thread don't comment on it, no one is forcing you to.
14 Jun 2015, 10:37 AM

Tigers are OP apparently.. lol
14 Jun 2015, 18:15 PM

I feel like the OKW offers a lot of different strategies. But anyway, pretty much everything me, Cookiez, Ratchet, and Bob have been saying are correct. Learn the game more.
14 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

People tend to play Ostheer the same way they play (or they face) Sov. OK Sov is actually above the 3 other factions and it will be the case till next patch.
Spaming gren + Mg42 isn't going to work to counter it.

Ostheer is giving full access to his T1 units with the condition to build the Festung. Sov can build cons out of T0 but must select to build T1 or T2 to get accept to the same variety of choice.

The solution to counter cons spam and USF is clearly the sniper, as 1,2 or 3 unit in your BO. But the sniper is a mandatory unit to play Ostheer today and still after the next patch.
Bear with it and learn to play with.

Note aside for the USF, you can bitch around riflespam as much as you want, the true is USF can't build anything else before 3-4 rifles. Next patch should bring a bit of variety, but from my experience in the alpha, do not count too much on that.
14 Jun 2015, 19:13 PM

I feel like the OKW offers a lot of different strategies. But anyway, pretty much everything me, Cookiez, Ratchet, and Bob have been saying are correct. Learn the game more.

OKW is the most 1 trick wonder of literally any faction in the game. It's pretty easy to predict what your OKW opponent will do because his options are limited significantly by how long it takes to replace OKW vehicles and make more of them.

The most diverse thing about OKW is the infantry, but that's about it. You have no artillery, your only indirect options costs 100+ fuel, and your early game relies on having significantly better micro than your opponent because you will be outnumbered and Volks are the least effective basic infantry at the start of the game.

OKW is the least popular faction in the most competitive game modes for a reason.
14 Jun 2015, 19:17 PM

You have no artillery, your only indirect options costs 100+ fuel

mfw

cool gasmasks not included
14 Jun 2015, 19:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2015, 18:50 PMEsxile

The solution to counter cons spam and USF is clearly the sniper, as 1,2 or 3 unit in your BO. But the sniper is a mandatory unit to play Ostheer today and still after the next patch.
Bear with it and learn to play with.

This seems incredibly risky and I think the sniper should only be deployed as a mid to late game unit once you've secured your territory and have a proper combined arms force.

Not only do you limit map control, capping power and holding power, but it leaves you incredibly open to the LT/M20 push. You generally want to rush out that T2, or at least, I think that's what people still do vs USF. Against Con spam it'll work against the supports/elites who will inevitably support it, but just shooting the cons themselves, you've got to deal with another squad and a half and with things like Oorrahh!, you have a lot less breathing space to operate and are really depending on an MG42 to shut down more than one squad to even the fight when the big engagement of infantry occurs.

14 Jun 2015, 19:26 PM

mfw

cool gasmasks not included

If only the LeiG was good at doing anything while firing indirectly, is the ZiS Gun's barrage make it an indirect fire unit now?
14 Jun 2015, 19:33 PM

Permanently Banned

OKW is the least popular faction in the most competitive game modes for a reason.

Brits were worst 1v1 faction in vcoh, yet was op in 2v2+

OKW is the same, no problem there
14 Jun 2015, 19:36 PM

If only the LeiG was good at doing anything while firing indirectly, is the ZiS Gun's barrage make it an indirect fire unit now?

Partially yeah to be honest :snfPeter:
14 Jun 2015, 19:55 PM

There are lots of diverse strata though. Volks into BHQ;Kubel, Volk, into Mech; fast Flak; BHQ and Panzerfusie spam with Jagd4 and IG8; fast Schewer; Volks spam into Command Panther

Even if they suck, there exists a lot you can do.
14 Jun 2015, 20:11 PM

This seems incredibly risky and I think the sniper should only be deployed as a mid to late game unit once you've secured your territory and have a proper combined arms force.

Not only do you limit map control, capping power and holding power, but it leaves you incredibly open to the LT/M20 push. You generally want to rush out that T2, or at least, I think that's what people still do vs USF. Against Con spam it'll work against the supports/elites who will inevitably support it, but just shooting the cons themselves, you've got to deal with another squad and a half and with things like Oorrahh!, you have a lot less breathing space to operate and are really depending on an MG42 to shut down more than one squad to even the fight when the big engagement of infantry occurs.

The problem is if you overextend, this is true. You have to keep your 1 pio + sniper + gren really close and add an MG42. I'm not going to say it works in every map and it hasn't counter, but bleeding your enemy is your best option. And honestly it is really cool to play with.
14 Jun 2015, 20:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, it definitely deserves the title better than the ISG...
15 Jun 2015, 04:57 AM

If sniper can snipe tank drivers or even crews sure, if not i don't see the usefulness of vet 0 sniper in mid and late game when most enemy in front line is backup by metal beasts where sniper will have to keep retreat back to base after snipe a guy to stay alive.
15 Jun 2015, 20:11 PM

lol, he still thinks Tigers are OP. Rifleman wipe the floor with late game Axis infantry. You have to keep them alive and get them vet 3. Paratroops at Vet 3 with LMG murder all Axis infantry regardless of Vet. Maybe you should try using them. Hell even Vet 3 Rifles with BARS are equal vs Vet 3 Grens with LMG.

If you cant win with USF infantry late game, then unfortunately that is a L2P issue. If you can't combine to use your superior infantry and Jacksons with P47 to win late game as USF then unfortunately that is L2P as well.

And don't even talk to me about the Soviet late game, it's very very good and if you can't win with that either it is also L2P.

Lmao riflemen come no where close to wiping the floor against axis infantry especially late game. Even ostrupen in cover can beat rifles now. All axis infantry scales much better as the game goes on. Gren/pgren blobs can beat about all infantry by them selves and do a shit ton of dmg with mg42s. The simple fact is that wher and okw both need not to even make anything other than gren/pgren or volk blobs to survive until late game so in general they just have more mobile infantry period because they do not have to use combined arms. Allies always have to use little niches and a wide range of utility units to even have a chance at late game.

To the OP if your getting beat by script spam then you got some serious issues.

Allied infantry is not superior everyone knows that like 15 minutes can save you money on car insurance with Geico. Also p47s suck get shot down by okw buildings and they don't do that much dmg most the rockets always miss. Stuka cas with the tiger commander is broken as hell it one shots all allied armor and tracks its target and never misses only the 152 and IS2 survive.

Soviet late game is pretty equal to axis now in 1v1 and 2v2, but still gets beat in 3v3 an 4v4 especially if they have USF team mates.
15 Jun 2015, 20:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 20:11 PMRocket

Gren/pgren blobs can beat about all infantry by them selves

Stopped reading here. Ost is probably the worst faction to ever blob with. You are just terrible if you think this becomes a problem. You only play 4v4 or some shit? Arguing against a faction due to your inability to deal with blobs is pathetic in its own right. Lol atleast ost or okw won't reach critical mass the first 5 minutes into the game unlike USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
Korea, Republic Of 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment