Login

russian armor

Buff kv8 damage.

12 Jun 2015, 07:37 AM

Seems fair to me :) Shock Rifle frontline tactics arent that great after all :D

It already bounces pak shots alot. If the enemy has no armor on the field hes gonna have alot of units wiped on retreat. I think its a great choice verse CAS because its fast enough to dodge the AT strafe and will likely have no enemy armor it needs to deal with. Wipe his pak guns with everything else the commander has to offer and its GG.
KV8 vs cas is a bad choice. Three squads of pg with shreks killing it with few shots. Don't forget about at strafe that wipes tanks.
12 Jun 2015, 07:39 AM

Let's buff the KV8 so soviet call ins look even better than they already are.
Let's buff a doctrine, that is already meta.

:faint:
Many doctrines have kv8.
12 Jun 2015, 07:49 AM

KV-8 was overnerfed. It does need a buff.
12 Jun 2015, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2015, 06:39 AMJohnnyB

FHT says hi.

I don't think there is anyone at this point who would say FHT is fine.
Not for that price of the upgrade.
12 Jun 2015, 07:58 AM

Honestly the only reason I got a KV-8 prior to this latest patch was to demolish OKW trucks, which it does incredibly well. I haven't played much shock rifle since the new patch hit (or guard motor for that matter but w/e) but I doubt much has changed for it. I'd be okay with making it deal damage more consistently but knowing relic, it'd end up being a soviet death machine again
12 Jun 2015, 09:43 AM

Actually a lot of this issues cold be fixed by faster veting, like it was made for walking Stuka, I can't remember when I saw vet2 KV-8 for a last time. It get more speed and acceleration for vet, also longer burst for flamer = more attacks = higher crit chance.
12 Jun 2015, 13:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Tons of vehicles need faster vetting.
12 Jun 2015, 14:07 PM

KV8 is meh. I think Relic is contempt with its performance for now. I think the tank could use a damage buff. I usually just skip this tank and build IS-2 as well.
13 Jun 2015, 08:49 AM

KV8 vs cas is a bad choice. Three squads of pg with shreks killing it with few shots. Don't forget about at strafe that wipes tanks.

AT strafe is dodgeable and requires LOS which means its likely in combat and moving around already. Its not much of an issue with the KV8. Shreks need to get close enough to the KV8 to shoot and must stop moving to shoot. This means you can keep your tank out of range of the shreks whilst still burning them (this is known as kiting). Pgren loses 2 men and retreats, you chase him all the way back to his base burning his Pgrens and the rest of his army.

BTW,(340mp + 120munitions)*3 = 1020 Mp + 360 munitions. A KV8 costs 390mp + 145 fuel. If he doesnt spend munitions on teller mines you will force him off the map within minutes with the KV8.

Teller + AT strafe will do the trick but that can be fairly easily prevented with sweepers because if the axis can have sweepers paired with every squad to prevent demos, then so can the soviets to prevent tellers.
13 Jun 2015, 21:11 PM

I feel like buffing the armor to the KV-1's level would make more sense.

I avoid getting it because it's big and slow, and it's very frail for a so-called heavy tank, not because of its damage output
13 Jun 2015, 21:36 PM

I just saw Paul get double KV8 vs VonIvan and win.
KV8 OP pls nerf.
Then again his opponent didn't have T3 so Kappa
14 Jun 2015, 02:17 AM

KV-8 is perfectly fine, still absolute no brainer against certain OKW builds and very useful against CAS as well as long as you can micro well enough not to get fausted.
14 Jun 2015, 02:55 AM

So, yeah. This thread again. I can understand why relic nerf kv8 armor but damage? It is so low, like he is firing with water not fire. It's good only in burning OKW trucks but in other things it's sucks. It may have damaged engine always with one faust, it have bad armor so buff damage. So yeah, discuss, in my opinion it's only good for burning trucks. Bring old damage to it.

14 Jun 2015, 03:08 AM

After discovering the power of dual KV-8s it is apparent that they are still good atm. Also they tend to take out tier buildings instantly, so.... :foreveralone:

If it gets any more buffs:
26 Jun 2015, 11:33 AM

Tons of vehicles need faster vetting.

I don't know, if lots need better then that means they are currently similarly positioned. I don't think vet 3 should be easier to get to in general. That would water down the "wow I got at vet 3 unit now" feeling. Those wow feelings are important.
26 Jun 2015, 12:51 PM

I don't know, if lots need better then that means they are currently similarly positioned. I don't think vet 3 should be easier to get to in general. That would water down the "wow I got at vet 3 unit now" feeling. Those wow feelings are important.

wow, 120mm mortar one-shot my vet3 pzgrens with schreks across half map...
Best, feeling, ever :)
26 Jun 2015, 12:58 PM
Donator 11

Ostwind is also hard countered by units its supposed to counter namely the zis-gun with guards.. relic pls
26 Jun 2015, 13:09 PM

No, we don't need that gamebreaking unit again. I remember losing a couple of games just because my opponent got a KV8 and drove into my base insta incinerating everything in its path from infantry to ATguns and pzgrenadiers with shrecks. Almost indestructible and killing one squad per second. The most gamebreaking unit ever. Glad that Relic nerfed the shit out of it as it deserved.
26 Jun 2015, 13:26 PM

wow, 120mm mortar one-shot my vet3 pzgrens with schreks across half map...
Best, feeling, ever :)

Heh, well the comfort is that panzergrens must be the easiest troop to vet up in the game. ;)
26 Jun 2015, 18:34 PM
Donator 33

Heh, well the comfort is that panzergrens must be the easiest troop to vet up in the game. ;)

Any unit carrying a panzerschreck is guaranteed to reach VET 3 before it dies, well maybe not the Partisans :D
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★