Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Voices

PAGES (8)down
8 Jun 2015, 19:27 PM

I'd love to hear pgrens, those guys are hilarious
8 Jun 2015, 21:09 PM

COH1 had better audio, especially German. I really really like the fact that enemy units would speak in their native tongues during engagements, something COH2 lacks.
8 Jun 2015, 21:29 PM

COH1 had better audio, especially German. I really really like the fact that enemy units would speak in their native tongues during engagements, something COH2 lacks.

You can't hear soviets and germans speaking in coh2 because their chatter got removed, that's why :snfBarton:

Maybe OKW soldaten took summer schools so they can actually talk
8 Jun 2015, 21:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Unless I had a different English version, all the Germans were speaking clear English for chatter with maybe 1-2 German words tossed in on occasions. This is true for both games.
9 Jun 2015, 14:01 PM

You can't hear soviets and germans speaking in coh2 because their chatter got removed, that's why :snfBarton:

Maybe OKW soldaten took summer schools so they can actually talk

Does Relic address this in the new patch? The game depth would be phenomenal with Sov/Ost, OKW/USF/Brit enemy chatter. I am tired of hearing "my leg my leg".
9 Jun 2015, 15:33 PM

Does Relic address this in the new patch? The game depth would be phenomenal with Sov/Ost, OKW/USF/Brit enemy chatter. I am tired of hearing "my leg my leg".

I remember they wrote about fixing so many bugs they didn't put a fix list (ok mods this is not nda), and they said they are working on it on TWO twitch streams.

I've been fighting to make them fix this since its introduction so I actually know what they said :snfBarton: if they somehow don't fix it on 23rd I'm gonna be furious
9 Jun 2015, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am tired of hearing "my leg my leg".

Think that one's just because WFA have less lines. From what I can recall from looking into the files, WFA just generally has less soldier "voices" and amount of lines for each voice.
9 Jun 2015, 18:06 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Could be the fact there are six guys in the Panzerfusiler squad who also all share the same voice, though there are fewer casualty lines.

The WFA armies do actually have generic soldier lines and while they sound the same as the other units, they should add them in to all the squads. The Fallschirmjager's generic soldier lines(not Fallschirmjager specific lines) talks about he's going to be the youngest to get his Knight's Cross.

Relic should probably add those in so the Panzerfusiler squad doesn't have the same guy getting shot over and over again :P
9 Jun 2015, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could be the fact there are six guys in the Panzerfusiler squad who also all share the same voice, though there are fewer casualty lines.

The WFA armies do actually have generic soldier lines and while they sound the same as the other units, they should add them in to all the squads. The Fallschirmjager's generic soldier lines(not Fallschirmjager specific lines) talks about he's going to be the youngest to get his Knight's Cross.

Relic should probably add those in so the Panzerfusiler squad doesn't have the same guy getting shot over and over again :P
Or just have more lines for other parts of his body being mangled!

It's kinda odd how often a dying AE lost an ear...Jerrys must be very precise shots!
9 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Shock Troops

Sorry about the repetition of certain lines. I copied both the Shock battle chatter and their confirmations which share lines.
10 Jun 2015, 18:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

10 Jun 2015, 21:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They cannot stand against us!

Kick their fucking teeth in!

Paratrooper talking about accuracy in combat was neat. Never noticed that one before.
12 Jun 2015, 02:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

"This is what we're trained for!"

Sturmpioneers
28 Sep 2015, 08:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yes, I'm bringing this back from the dead and maybe a mod could pin this or something so people would have ready access to the various voices lines found in-game? May not be the easiest resource to sort through, but it's better than nothing if you don't want to extract using the mod tools and look at each file individually.

Also:

Pathfinders
Guards
British Heavy Armour
28 Sep 2015, 08:38 AM

CoH 1 voice acting better than CoH 2? :loco: The CoH 1 voices are so monotonous.
28 Sep 2015, 08:38 AM

Some bugger's tryin'a poke holes in my tank!
28 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

Panzer fussies please :)
29 Sep 2015, 05:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Had the Ostheer medium tanks already put up, but not linked. Have the voice lines for the Ostheer's pioneers as well.

Ostheer Mediums
Pioneers
29 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

Speaking of mispronounced German words, there are some mispronounced Russian words, too. Svoloch, or сволочь, should be pronounced with an actual -ch sound on the end, not the- ck sound you hear in-game. Rodina, or родина, should be pronounced with the stress on the first syllable. Sometimes you hear it with the stress on the second. I know there are some other ones, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Also, there are a couple British lines I keep mishearing. There's one line that infantry sections say that sounds like, "it's time to wear the king's shitty!" I'm assuming they mean to say shilling? The vehicle crews also sound like they're saying "let's beat off," though I can at least put two and two together and realize they mean to say "be." Still, I laugh every time I hear it.
29 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM

Can you extract the Infantry Section's sounds?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS