Login

russian armor

More blobbing than ever.....

5 Jun 2015, 18:23 PM

the only last really problematic thing in this game imo is the 120mm mortar and its 1-man retreat

I don't know if it's #1 but adding up with the rest of guard motor it is devastating.
I don't care what some players say, the 120mm is imbalanced in terms of damage and viability. Especially as Ost you can not kill this thing, it's just not possible unless your opponent is asleep. Counter barrage doesn't work, flame barrage doesn't work and even a squad of Panzergrens won't take it down fast enough.
5 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you did have the impression, as I do, that since the famous no more blobing patch of april, the situation is worst than it was before...

The russian have an insame Firepower due to PTRS and a simple split protect them from suppression.

It seems than 4 or 5 riffle squad is the most comon start for all americans when not 6 or more...

German Grenadier are quite often seen as a blob of 4 or more groups...

and volks... OMG worst than before...

I think the reason is the following:

shreck lost performance so people want to have more to be as effective as before => blob

PTRS blob counter easily Mg 42 even with the buf because u can directly target the weapon and break it => blob PTRS counter MG 42

120 mm mortar are so efficient that you prefer to count on many units spread out and less expensive than tech and pay more for less units...

not mentioning the "I blob until I get my call in"... most of the russiand who play T 34 85 and 120 mortar don't tech... sometimes not even T2... they prefer to spend on call in such as guards and mortar until they get T 34 85...

same with OKW and Wechmachts, and especially Rifle company and the famous E8 spams....

I don't say that you cannot counter the blobs, I just say that it gets borring not to fight vs people that play combined... more than that, it is frustrating to hold quite well the 4 or 5 first group with combined weapon and then the guy comes back with 7 or 8 groups and break it through your defenses....

In other words... don't you think this patch made the gameplay worst than better ???

Are you like locked in your basement all day or did you not hear about the patch coming June 23rd? Kappa
5 Jun 2015, 20:39 PM
Donator 22

Invisied a couple posts discussing Alpha.
5 Jun 2015, 23:24 PM

I don't really understand what the big issue is with blobbing. In my experience, any engagement against a blob is generally pretty easy assuming that the blob does not have a large resource advantage such as weapon upgrades or just plain number of squads. In a fight between a well-managed group and a blobbed group the blob will always lose because they don't use cover effectively and are extremely vulnerable to things like grenades, mortars, MGs, or crushing.

Whenever I realize my opponent is rampant blobber (some of which seem literally incapable of not having their whole army selected at once) I give a heavy sigh of exasperated relief. Because it's so easy to fight. Too easy to fight, even. Was OH a couple MG42s will nullify his entire force quickly, as OKW a pair of flaktracks will nullify it and kill his force too, as SU I build a Maxim and a mortar or just let my superior micro do the job, and as USF once again the flak truck comes to save the day.

Blobs are already ineffective. If you can't beat a blob with a force of equal value then you just need to learn to play, and if the blob beats you even though you're using good micro then it's probably a greater value force in which case your opponent is defeating you strategically instead of tactically.

And blob A-moving around corners are just like gift-wrapped vet for anything that explodes or suppresses.
6 Jun 2015, 00:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you did have the impression, as I do, that since the famous no more blobing patch of april, the situation is worst than it was before...

The russian have an insame Firepower due to PTRS and a simple split protect them from suppression.

It seems than 4 or 5 riffle squad is the most comon start for all americans when not 6 or more...

German Grenadier are quite often seen as a blob of 4 or more groups...

and volks... OMG worst than before...

I think the reason is the following:

shreck lost performance so people want to have more to be as effective as before => blob

PTRS blob counter easily Mg 42 even with the buf because u can directly target the weapon and break it => blob PTRS counter MG 42

120 mm mortar are so efficient that you prefer to count on many units spread out and less expensive than tech and pay more for less units...

not mentioning the "I blob until I get my call in"... most of the russiand who play T 34 85 and 120 mortar don't tech... sometimes not even T2... they prefer to spend on call in such as guards and mortar until they get T 34 85...

same with OKW and Wechmachts, and especially Rifle company and the famous E8 spams....

I don't say that you cannot counter the blobs, I just say that it gets borring not to fight vs people that play combined... more than that, it is frustrating to hold quite well the 4 or 5 first group with combined weapon and then the guy comes back with 7 or 8 groups and break it through your defenses....

In other words... don't you think this patch made the gameplay worst than better ???

It counters an unsupported MG 42. Add some lmg grens for roughly the same price and if there is an equal number of attacks as defenders, the mg + grens will win.

OKW on the other hand will struggle without lmgs.
6 Jun 2015, 00:12 AM

I don't know if it's #1 but adding up with the rest of guard motor it is devastating.
I don't care what some players say, the 120mm is imbalanced in terms of damage and viability. Especially as Ost you can not kill this thing, it's just not possible unless your opponent is asleep. Counter barrage doesn't work, flame barrage doesn't work and even a squad of Panzergrens won't take it down fast enough.

And some people on this forum would say the stuka dive bomb is a great counter to the 120mm. Oh wait, it comes at 12 CPs on some commanders and costs 160 munitions and can be dodged :P.
6 Jun 2015, 23:30 PM
Donator 11

Never seens a PTRS blob wiping off an HMG. Do we play different coh2 game?
7 Jun 2015, 00:33 AM

Permanently Banned
^uhhh....
8 Jun 2015, 13:43 PM

They can simply attack click on the HMG and it will disapears.. the group will split because the HMP is dead. PTRS should not have the option of aiming the weapon...

Also I realise that most of you guys have talked about either being german or having as many units as the opponent does...

This is what I meant.... You cannot have a defensive strategy cause you need as many units as the opponents has to counter him... so in general what they will do is go there... back to base go ther back to base ... and there will finally be a moment when they will go threw... especially a panzer gren + gren lMG iis hardly stopable... even with the nerf of the shreck it is hard to deal with it...

it is often a question of luck more than skill... if the blob gets by the side where u were not they just role over everything... especially in 2V2...
8 Jun 2015, 13:48 PM

No, we just have different bias level. For instance, your soviet bias is breaking all the boundries and hits the sky.
8 Jun 2015, 13:56 PM
Donator 33

Oh Johhny B, cracking me up.what about you sir, no card for over a year. Rather make a pass at someone than say "Hey blobing is annoying!". Which yea it can be, good thing we have no tech Demos to counter them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight