Login

russian armor

Shreks

3 Jun 2015, 15:06 PM

So tired of losing games do to volks mobs that vetted seem to take no dmg and panzergrens because of the personal hand cannons they get to have. They really just ruin 3v3 and 4v4 modes as they can just eliminate your ability to be able to use any armor and mostly your ability to take out an enemy tiger.

Why should axis get infantry level AT that hard counters anything armored allied other than the IS2? It has better damage, better pen, better range that the zook. The zook I think is perfect for what it does which is warding off or taking out anything up to say a pz4. This is what I would think the shrek was also meant for and it does it way better and we actually have to run our tanks away from shreks but you hardly see a pz4 do that from ptrs or zooks but they still do enough dmg to ward the pz4 off or support our t-34 or sherman. Shreks also seem to have a much better fire rate and fire like a snapshot as soon as orders to attack unlike the zook it feels like it takes them 10 seconds to fire the first round. They rakentenwerfer is much better now I no longer see the need for the shrek to be as deadly as what it is for OKW. It should be on par with the zook it takes too much allied armor out of play. It just makes things way to easy for axis and should not HARD counter almost every late game armor we have. The best options is always to try to run the shrek mobs over but this works only some of the time thanks to the panzerfaust that always works on allied armor and doesn't take half a century to actually go off.

They need a longer fire rate, less damage, and a little less pen just like the zook. No reason they need it like it currently is both factions have plenty of viable AT options same as soviets and USF get a long with no having shreks.

or maybe only be allowed to equip one for 60 munitions.

3 Jun 2015, 15:20 PM
3 Jun 2015, 15:22 PM

I dont see a problem with there being multiple shreks.
3 Jun 2015, 15:33 PM

Permanently Banned
volks got heavy vet5 nurf, if u can get past obers, volks shouldn't be an issue to kill. Think about it, most successful allied 4v4 players know when and where to use tanks. If the axis players a focusing on AT, spam infantry, tons of infantry. trust me, if you can get your infantry in good position and have a lot, u can do a lot more than armor.

try to only use range vehicles, for example as USF, you can start with 2 shermans and that it. everything after that should be either a scott or Jackson. always go either airborne or infantry. u NEED the 1919's and paras in the late game. as sov, just spam guards. tons of guards.

get wipes anyway u can. deploy tons of arty if u can. keep up constant pressure against okw trucks and defensive positions and weapons.

get suppression, either keep an AA HT alive, or get plenty of maxims and 50cals.

get good timings, u will need a team to coordinate strikes against axis defensive positions.

flanking with allied armor can be impossible, so play to your strengths and use ranged weapons against axis armor. then if you properly support ur tanks with elite infantry and suppression. volks becomes less of an issue.

lel
3 Jun 2015, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Where's Panzershrek when you need him?
3 Jun 2015, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 15:06 PMRocket

So tired of losing games do to volks mobs that vetted seem to take no dmg and panzergrens because of the personal hand cannons they get to have. They really just ruin 3v3 and 4v4 modes as they can just eliminate your ability to be able to use any armor and mostly your ability to take out an enemy tiger.

Why should axis get infantry level AT that hard counters anything armored allied other than the IS2? It has better damage, better pen, better range that the zook. The zook I think is perfect for what it does which is warding off or taking out anything up to say a pz4. This is what I would think the shrek was also meant for and it does it way better and we actually have to run our tanks away from shreks but you hardly see a pz4 do that from ptrs or zooks but they still do enough dmg to ward the pz4 off or support our t-34 or sherman. Shreks also seem to have a much better fire rate and fire like a snapshot as soon as orders to attack unlike the zook it feels like it takes them 10 seconds to fire the first round. They rakentenwerfer is much better now I no longer see the need for the shrek to be as deadly as what it is for OKW. It should be on par with the zook it takes too much allied armor out of play. It just makes things way to easy for axis and should not HARD counter almost every late game armor we have. The best options is always to try to run the shrek mobs over but this works only some of the time thanks to the panzerfaust that always works on allied armor and doesn't take half a century to actually go off.

They need a longer fire rate, less damage, and a little less pen just like the zook. No reason they need it like it currently is both factions have plenty of viable AT options same as soviets and USF get a long with no having shreks.

The Zook has a higher ROF (2 seconds). Also the Volks Shrek is 90 munitions.
3 Jun 2015, 15:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just trolol crush them, and like queen said only have 2 Sherman's... Everything else after should be Scott's or priests anyway. Let your soviet teammates do all the meat grinder work with IS2s
3 Jun 2015, 16:09 PM

You can try to run them over when they are split up, you can pin them with an MG or a Field Howitzer. What you should not do is fight them with your tank up close, because thats where Volksgrenadiers with Shrecks shine. Since the accuracy nerf, you can even slug it out against them from max distance with a Sherman, as long as you no they have no backup.
3 Jun 2015, 16:18 PM

3 Jun 2015, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

Actually I would love to have single shreck pzgren squad as ostheer :D That kind of squad wrecks both infantry and tanks so they would be like better guards. In early versions of the game you could upgrade to only one shreck but relic removed this possibility couse that made pzgrens OP. The point was that with 2 shrecks they completely loose the ability to fight infantry.
4 Jun 2015, 08:21 AM

Firing each shreck should require muni, like 25-45 for example. Increase it's pen, damage, accuracy and range in order to compensate for the change.
4 Jun 2015, 08:37 AM

Permanently Banned
^lol
4 Jun 2015, 09:00 AM

wall of text

Here is my contribution to your thread and my solution for your question. It's perfect, once applied, you will solve the problem:

4 Jun 2015, 10:40 AM

70-90% play axis in team games. Simply dont play allies. As axis is it much more easy and you will be cool on this forum. ;)
4 Jun 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 10:40 AMAradan

70-90% play axis in team games. Simply dont play allies. As axis is it much more easy and you will be cool on this forum. ;)

Winning as Axis in team games isn't THAT much rewarding as winning as Allies.
Well... at least for me.
4 Jun 2015, 11:01 AM

Me and my clan can barely get people to play against us these days be it Axis or Allies in 3's and 4's.

4 Jun 2015, 15:29 PM

Here is my contribution to your thread and my solution for your question. It's perfect, once applied, you will solve the problem:

lol.

There is simply no reason for the shrek to be so powerful when in general axis are fighting lighter armor. I have no problem beating them it is just annoying why relic need to make things easy for axis and not much micro or intelligence needed. For example the magic smoke they get that is a get out of jail free card compared to the shitty smoke the sherman get that can't be fired on top of your vehicle and has a delay which makes it useless most the time to try and save your tank.

It really does make it rewarding winning as allies in 4v4 although.
4 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM
4 Jun 2015, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 15:29 PMRocket

lol.

There is simply no reason for the shrek to be so powerful when in general axis are fighting lighter armor. I have no problem beating them it is just annoying why relic need to make things easy for axis and not much micro or intelligence needed. For example the magic smoke they get that is a get out of jail free card compared to the shitty smoke the sherman get that can't be fired on top of your vehicle and has a delay which makes it useless most the time to try and save your tank.

It really does make it rewarding winning as allies in 4v4 although.

It depends on which Shrek your talking about. Giving Shreks to Pgrens unless you using Luftwaffe Supply, Close Air Support, or Oustruppen is always a bad idea because Pgrens are very easy to 1 shot and you need to stick them in the range of a tank to shoot the shreks. In that case a very large amount of micro is require to keep the Pgrens alive.

Volk shreks are easy to use by design since OKW doesn't have very plentiful and mobile AT (Volk shreks also cost a lot, with the income reduction accounted for they cost 112 munitions) because they lack of the fuel to get lots of Vehicles and the Rackten only has 50 range. If you opponent is spamming Volks you can do a couple of things:

1. Spam Harder; Volks have pathetic performance versus enemy infantry so get stuff like 1919 Rifles/Para's or Shocks which will tear them apart.

2. Crushing; this is a big thing because OKW lacks any kind of snare so he can't stop you from just crushing all his infantry without retreating. USF has the best vehicles for this but both the T34 variants can do it. Remember to make tight turns without stopping. And even if you don't crush them pushing Volks stops their shreks from firing meaning you can employ this tactic using non-heavy crush armor.

3. Artillery; Katyusha's and other artillery will annihilate Volks blobs, as well as blobs in general.

4. Kiting; Shreks have 35 range so you can kite them with basically any vehicle. This is best done with the USF AA HT since it also suppresses the infantry making them unable to move at top speed. With even better micro you can do with with duel MHC's and wipe squads like there's no tomorrow.

5. Overpower them; A good OKW player will volley fire his Shreks at 1 tank to kill it as fast as possible, a bad one will just let his shreks hit what ever. When facing a good player make sure to focus fire his Volk squads 1 at a time instead of shooting at different ones. Turn his tactics against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ptvd6NQac

Or just employ none of those tactics and charge blindly into enemy lines with TD's meant to engage at range.
4 Jun 2015, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned
tbh shreks are just one of many balance issues that keep people from playing allies in 4's. Very few players still even try allies in a 4v4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★