Login

russian armor

Command Panther

2 Jun 2015, 12:52 PM

Hi guys!

Can you please advise on command panther, I basically have 2 questions:
1. Does Panther bulletins also apply to the Command Panther?
2. Does Aura effect also applies to the Command Panther itself?

Thanks!
2 Jun 2015, 13:10 PM

1) Dunno, but they have bulletin for command panther, so possibly not

2) No, but I wonder if the second command panther buffing the first one.
2 Jun 2015, 13:29 PM

You cannot have two command panthers at once.
If you and your mate both have a command panther, they will buff each other.
However, I don't know if a Panther will get two buffs when standing near two command panthers.
2 Jun 2015, 13:54 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I don't know if a Panther will get two buffs when standing near two command panthers.

I think they do... Wasn't there a post about that?
2 Jun 2015, 13:58 PM

I don't know but imagine an Elefant/Jagdtiger with 3 Command tank buffs :snfPeter:
2 Jun 2015, 14:05 PM

Hmmmm....interesting exploit :D
2 Jun 2015, 14:15 PM

pls. need detailed information for abuse in 3v3 and 4v4 bob games :hyper:
2 Jun 2015, 14:23 PM

Well, I'd say it this way:

There was a mod where you could have multiple command panthers per player.

And while 2 buffed each other, every other armored unit in proximity was buffed in what seemed like non stacking way, basically buffs tried to replace one another constantly with no stacking.
2 Jun 2015, 14:50 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Well, I'd say it this way:

There was a mod where you could have multiple command panthers per player.

And while 2 buffed each other, every other armored unit in proximity was buffed in what seemed like non stacking way, basically buffs tried to replace one another constantly with no stacking.

This would be the variant I would favor over the other ones :D
3 Jun 2015, 05:35 AM
Patrion 28

1. Does Panther bulletins also apply to the Command Panther?

possibly.

presumably the V bulletins apply to a "panther" type unit and presumably the command V is both a "panther" and "command panther" type unit. if that's the case they will. if the command V is only a "command panther" type unit then they will not.

the only way to be sure is for someone to look in the files and check the unit and bulletins.
3 Jun 2015, 06:46 AM

IMO Panther bulletins won't stack on the Command Panther. They're two different units that look almost the same and have the same stats but other vet bonuses.

The question can possibly be answered if somebody knows if Rifle Bulletins also work on Elite Rifles as they are also two different units per sé.
3 Jun 2015, 14:04 PM

You cannot have two command panthers at once.
If you and your mate both have a command panther, they will buff each other.
However, I don't know if a Panther will get two buffs when standing near two command panthers.

Hmm, that's interesting, does aura-based buff stack?

Does this possibly means Sturmoffizer A buffing Sturmoffizer B too?
Having two, or even three Sturmoffizer / Command panther / Commmand P4, does the aura buff stack?

If no, the second OKW should get a normal panther, because normal panther having even more insane vet bonus.
4 Jun 2015, 13:55 PM

Hmm, that's interesting, does aura-based buff stack?

Does this possibly means Sturmoffizer A buffing Sturmoffizer B too?
Having two, or even three Sturmoffizer / Command panther / Commmand P4, does the aura buff stack?

If no, the second OKW should get a normal panther, because normal panther having even more insane vet bonus.

Command PIV's aura stacks with the Command Panthers and the Sturmoffizers (and the Artillery Field Officers to!).

Vet 5 Commander Panther buffs are very good, mostly because they aren't supposed to be given to Infantry!
4 Jun 2015, 14:01 PM

At vet 5 everything is good Kappa
4 Jun 2015, 14:55 PM

At vet 5 everything is good Kappa

Kinda off topic but Vet 5 bonus's for a lot of OKW units (vet 4 ones to) are actually kinda terrible. Mostly because it feels like Relic ran out of ideas when going past vet 3 (which in many cases the vet 1, 2 and 3 bonus's are ripped right from Ostheer or USF units lol).

Vet 5 for the Command Panther is really freaking hard to get because it comes out so late and it's so expensive the only times it will be shooting at stuff that's even close to how much it costs is when facing IS2's and ISU's.

When you do get it, it's basically GG for your opponent because all your infantry now have something stupid like 80% more DPS because of the +20% Reload and -20% cooldown you get while also being able to see as far as Vet 3 Pathfinders. Oh and your infantry can shoot farther to.

For a while there was a hilarious bug were the Command Panthers basic veterancy that it gives to itself:

Vet 2:+10% armour, +20% health, +10% weapon rotation speed
Vet 3:-10% reload, +10% rotation speed, +10% ac/de-celeration

was also in it's Aura for some reason so you could give infantry more than 80 health and more than 1 armor, also +20% health and armor to KT :megusta:
4 Jun 2015, 15:07 PM

On the topic of the command panther, does anyone feel it's worth getting in 1v1?

It seems to me that it's so expensive that if you buy it, you're not going to have much other armour on the field to benefit anyway. Or if it you do, it's probably just a Luchs.

It seems like you're better off going for the regular Panther, especially since the doctrine means you're likely building the T3 truck anyway to get Obers to make use of the Vampir STG44s.
4 Jun 2015, 15:19 PM

Doesn't a command panther also have significantly more sight range than a normal panther? Or am I insane.

If that is the case, then it MIGHT be more worth it than a panther.
4 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM

On the topic of the command panther, does anyone feel it's worth getting in 1v1?

It seems to me that it's so expensive that if you buy it, you're not going to have much other armour on the field to benefit anyway. Or if it you do, it's probably just a Luchs.

It seems like you're better off going for the regular Panther, especially since the doctrine means you're likely building the T3 truck anyway to get Obers to make use of the Vampir STG44s.

It's good if your Schwer get's blow up and you need a vehicle. But yeah it works best in 2's on up were it's 1 OKW player buff an Ostheer team mates vehicles. Since he can actually get a appreciable amount of them.

Doesn't a command panther also have significantly more sight range than a normal panther? Or am I insane.

It can see as far as it can shoot. Which is 50 range. The regular Panther can only see as far as every other tank in the game can.
5 Jun 2015, 13:17 PM

It's good if your Schwer get's blow up and you need a vehicle. But yeah it works best in 2's on up were it's 1 OKW player buff an Ostheer team mates vehicles. Since he can actually get a appreciable amount of them.

Yeah, sad really. I really wanted to make Spec Ops work as a doctrine for 1v1, but it seems like it's built around team games. I can still use it and win, but it seems like a waste. I find myself using Infiltration grenades a lot, STGs to a moderate extent, but not much of the other abilities.

It seems like it would work better if the Panther was in a different tier to Obers, since I could build Obers and then use the Command Panther to plug the hole for a medium tank.
nee
6 Jun 2015, 12:12 PM

IMO 1v1? Unlikely. By that time your next vehicle is just a Puma or something. Of coures that depends on the course of the game.

As for bulletins, there is only one specific Command Panther bulletin, so as far as I know, the other OKW Panther bulletins don't count. IMO it would just say both if that was the case, since there are already discrete Panther variants identified.

Then again, we are talking about Relic and their myriad of text errors.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
unknown 10
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak