Login

russian armor

Stuka a bit too much

PAGES (8)down
27 May 2015, 13:42 PM

Johnny, as I said, I am all for a frontal armour reduction of the IS-2, its in the very post you quoted. ;)

The problem with Flak is that you need T3 (Soviets) or LT (US)for it specifically, and unless you have it up anyways, building a them specifically for that purpose is rarely feasible.
27 May 2015, 14:08 PM

I saw on Siberian stream how Stuka destroyed three su85 in one strafe, I think it is too powerful. P47 are good but accuracy is meh, so it's rng, it can destroy 50% of a tiger or do nothing for tank because rockets will always hit ground.
27 May 2015, 14:15 PM

Stuka so weak, P-47 so stronk :foreveralone:

Inb4 the usual trolls-gtfo if you have german sense of humor.
27 May 2015, 14:25 PM

The P47's can chase you all the way across the map, the CAS loiter ability can not. P47's become turbo accurate suicide planes when shot down and come in a pair meaning you often retardedly coded AA units will switch shooting at the planes to often to actually shoot them down.

As said earlier a smart way to fix both abilities so we don't have loiters 1 shotting IS2's or following Panthers all the way across half of Russia is to make them both strafes which encourage intelligent targeting instead of point click and done.

Alternatively just fix the target priorities on the CAS loiter so it doesn't shoot at passing seagulls instead of tanks so when you do leave the area the plane doesn't start just chewing on your infantry.

You have no idea how annoying it is to call in a very expensive ability like CAS and have it waste 1 of it's 3 strafes shooting a gardening maxim in a building.
27 May 2015, 14:32 PM

It may need to be changed, but IMO objecting that AA isn't feasible don't work. It is inherently the case that going or not going a tier limits what options are available to you. This is no different to, say, skipping T2 and finding yourself suddenly in need of AT guns. You took a risk and it didn't pay off, that's how it goes. Similarly for commanders, you might conceivably choose a commander because you already know your opponent skipped T3.

It's perfectly reasonable to argued back and forth over it is worth it's cost, of over cooldowns, etc., but the basic fact that prevalent air power might push you to field AA units to actually do AA rather than AI is not a Problem, IMO.
27 May 2015, 15:05 PM

M5 AA -> atm not that good, but wait for the patch =)))

:megusta::megusta::megusta:
27 May 2015, 16:13 PM

Yeah, get an AA and then just pray that retarded game design doesn't crash their planes into your units for more damage than the ability would have done. Because that kind of RNG-based disaster really adds an awesome flavor to the game, right?
27 May 2015, 16:44 PM

Speaking of p47's there was one time on Lienne I had a tiger pinned with 3 easy 8s and my buddy calls in the p47's on it and they destroyed the tiger and two of my easy 8's. Not sure if this was bad RNG or what I pin tigers with the easys all the time with p47's calls on them and generally it seems to me friendly tanks take no dmg or very little and I almost never lose a tank from friendly fire of the 47's. Anyone know for sure if the p47's will friendly fire your tanks if they're close or if this is just not suppose to happen?
27 May 2015, 16:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Skillplanes are strong and needs to be tone down (the whole offmap plane mechanics and countermeasures needs a rework)

P47 first strafe is undodgeable but at least it misses pretty badly against medium tanks.
Stuka just lay destruction to both tanks and support weapons in the zone.
27 May 2015, 17:32 PM

I haven't seen the loitering CAS in a while so I can't comment, but the Ost close air support commander's AT strafe has killed my ISU from 90% to 0, and I've seen it kill multiple jacksons/SU-85s in one pass

More than a little broken
27 May 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 17:32 PMArclyte
I haven't seen the loitering CAS in a while so I can't comment, but the Ost close air support commander's AT strafe has killed my ISU from 90% to 0, and I've seen it kill multiple jacksons/SU-85s in one pass

More than a little broken

Unlike the CAS loiter, you can actually move out of the way of the CAS strafe which is a lot more balanced. The reason why people get angry about CAS is because it's a casual filter and people with bad micro get owned really hard by it.
27 May 2015, 18:02 PM

First of all, after seeing you play queenratchet you have no business calling anyone bad. Second, replace "bad micro" with "map edge airstike" and "slow ass tank destroyer pathing"

If the p47 strafe killed a king tiger like that your head would explode with rage
27 May 2015, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 18:02 PMArclyte
First of all, after seeing you play queenratchet you have no business calling anyone bad. Second, replace "bad micro" with "map edge airstike" and "slow ass tank destroyer pathing"

If the p47 strafe killed a king tiger like that your head would explode with rage

lol I wonder how many times people are going to bring up that game as if it proved anything. A player with 300+ 1v1 games as USF beat a player with 1 1v1 game as OKW, proves a whole lot.

Regardless there isn't really any counterplay to the CAS loiter besides AA, were with CAS strafes you can just drive out of the way.

Always remember kids: when avoiding a strafe don't try and turn then move, always drive strait forward or back!

EDIT: I have to qualms with the P47 strike other than plane crash fuckery and the planes chasing you halfway across the map outside the target zone.
27 May 2015, 19:24 PM

Nothing broken about CAS gun run, yes it hurts when it connects, then again, its fairly easy to dodge.
27 May 2015, 20:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm a big fan of the Stuka CAS.

My late game strategy revolves around it. I'll often get one or two muni caches mid game so I can get enough to spam them.

If your muni income is at 60 or higher, you will have enough muni to call in stuka cas when the cooldown is over.

It is less effective against IS2s because two of them will shoot it down with their MGs.

It's a bit silly how 120 muni easily counters 200 muni call in, but yoloskillplane is added benefit.

Stuka CAS is amazing against USF. On a map like Angoville, everything gets rekt because it's so open. The town chokepoint on the right side really helps keep armor hemmed in if it's forward. Jacksons die so fast to the cas.

It really makes me happy :3

With Blitzkrieg doctrine, getting a couple of panthers and the P4 command tank is really good. Panthers have, essentially, 20% more HP so they don't die as fast. double pio to repair, three LMGGrens, 1 HMG42, your army composition is great. Get a Pak or a schreck Pgren for added AT.
27 May 2015, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Command tank+panther is great fun yes, but its so manpower heavy strat that you will never likely afford it at high level play.
28 May 2015, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 18:02 PMArclyte

Aham. And why would that be? BECAUSE OF THE BUILDING COSTS added to an ALLREADY HANDICAPED ECONOMY. Comrade Stalin, your commanders won't ever understand this explanation, with their cheap vehicles, and normal resources income that can be augmented with caches. If a Stuka strafe will kill a heroic T34 ace that scored 1,5 kills in its heroic life, and a Su-85, or a couple of T34/85 or ....whatever.... you will simply build/call others after a short time. Not KT's case or almost any OKW vehicle. It's not that hard to understand, really.
28 May 2015, 08:23 AM

lol I wonder how many times people are going to bring up that game as if it proved anything. A player with 300+ 1v1 games as USF beat a player with 1 1v1 game as OKW, proves a whole lot.

Regardless there isn't really any counterplay to the CAS loiter besides AA, were with CAS strafes you can just drive out of the way.

Always remember kids: when avoiding a strafe don't try and turn then move, always drive strait forward or back!

EDIT: I have to qualms with the P47 strike other than plane crash fuckery and the planes chasing you halfway across the map outside the target zone.

Game played has nothing to do with it. You just show the whole world you have no micro whatsoever.

And btw, I use in a compstomp the Close air support Anti-tank strafe on the King Tiger. Basically killed it from 80% to 10% hp. LAWL if Allies got something THAT POWERFUL, I can't imagine the shitstorm we would be.
28 May 2015, 08:35 AM

Is it just me or do other people think the stuka cannon strafe is a bit too powerful, I had it killing a captured panther from approx 50% health to dead in no time at all. when I retaliate against their armour with a P47 strike they manage to miss all but a few shots. I under stand they are cannons but when a p47 strike doesn't even compare damage wise and the IL2 strafe is out of the question.
TLDR it seems a bit powerful for being a cheaper strike than a P47 but dealing way more damage way faster.

The stuka is OP just like all axis stuff
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight