Login

russian armor

repetitiveness and spam, the true disease of this game

14 May 2015, 19:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Made my day.

Yeah, I chuckled pretty heartily.
14 May 2015, 20:54 PM

I think a lot of people loved CoH for being an alternative to blob n spam games. Suppression and cover mechanics add a lot to the gameplay. You had to learn positioning, timing, tricky mechanics. These things are of less importance when blobbing is effective.

"An alternative to blob n spam games"
Not sure what CoH you were playing, but I'm pretty sure blob n spam games were pretty prominent n VCoH.
That timing and positioning btw is also a big part of CoH2. :foreveralone: Speaking of blobs n spam, VCoH was known for it's rifle spam/blobs, airborne spam/blobs, vet 3 PG blobs, vet 3 shrek spam/blobs, vet 3 panther spam/blobs, vet 3 sniper spam, kangaroo spam, piat blobs, arty spam, stormtrooper spam/blobs, etc.... So that "alternative game" people loved wasn't because of the supposed lack of "blob n spam you were thinking", it was because the balance was at 90% for all factions and the gameplay involved a better scaling of units/mechanics that allowed for universal use of everything in the game. Nothing was useless like in CoH2 per say. \:foreveralone:/
14 May 2015, 21:14 PM

Relic is in the process of adjusting the game to significant amount that it will not only relative this issue but many others. Don't bother asking how or why, just be patient.
14 May 2015, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 20:54 PMVonIvan

"An alternative to blob n spam games"
Not sure what CoH you were playing, but I'm pretty sure blob n spam games were pretty prominent n VCoH.
That timing and positioning btw is also a big part of CoH2. :foreveralone: Speaking of blobs n spam, VCoH was known for it's rifle spam/blobs, airborne spam/blobs, vet 3 PG blobs, vet 3 shrek spam/blobs, vet 3 panther spam/blobs, vet 3 sniper spam, kangaroo spam, piat blobs, arty spam, stormtrooper spam/blobs, etc.... So that "alternative game" people loved wasn't because of the supposed lack of "blob n spam you were thinking", it was because the balance was at 90% for all factions and the gameplay involved a better scaling of units/mechanics that allowed for universal use of everything in the game. Nothing was useless like in CoH2 per say. \:foreveralone:/

1. You forgot the worst of all: sniper blobs

2. speaking of balance, you never encountered the Wehr Brit 1v1 matchup, played as PE vs a mixed wall of AT guns/snipers or faced mixed allies in 2v2, did you?

3. No Useless units? Flamer halftrack, bulldozer, vamp, muni halftrack, AA Quad, Officer, hotchkiss ... ?
14 May 2015, 22:01 PM

Lol when has blobbing and spam not been apart of the coh series? This post is so dramatic.
14 May 2015, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 22:01 PMGdot
Lol when has blobbing and spam not been apart of the coh series? This post is so dramatic.

I played Pong not long after it came out. It was probably one of the last video games that didn't have spam and had there been a way, it would have been spammed also.
14 May 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 22:57 PMGrumpy

I played Pong not long after it came out. It was probably one of the last video games that didn't have spam and had there been a way, it would have been spammed also.

PS - I forgot, there was a version that tripled the number of tennis balls on the screen so even it got spammed eventually.

Every RTS going back to the original Warcraft has had spam. COH2 is the least spam-friendly RTS that I've played.
15 May 2015, 00:06 AM

This is simple: if you lose it is because your opponent spammer/noob blober. If you win its all achievement of your amazing skill.

CoH is not about spam/blobs, it is about how you use units. If you cant beat blobs, may be problem lies in you doing something wrong?
15 May 2015, 00:30 AM

1. You forgot the worst of all: sniper blobs

2. speaking of balance, you never encountered the Wehr Brit 1v1 matchup, played as PE vs a mixed wall of AT guns/snipers or faced mixed allies in 2v2, did you?

3. No Useless units? Flamer halftrack, bulldozer, vamp, muni halftrack, AA Quad, Officer, hotchkiss ... ?

Oh DonnieChan, the Prince of all things spam. I remember playing you in VCoH and CoH2, you embrace the spam, like Paula. Always a great experience playing you in automatch. That con spam into 85s was an inspiration for me personally. :foreveralone:

Let me shoot dis post down one bulletin at a time:

1. As if Sniper blobs honestly existed, spam yes, but having 3-5 snipers at most isn't much of a blob to me. :foreveralone:

2. Yes to everything you said(play wise). I encountered the Wehr vs Brit matchup in 1v1, it's actually not that hard to counter Brits as Wehr in 1v1 honestly.....(i.e. vet 3 flamer pio spam into halftrack rush or vet 2 gren spam with shreks into halftrack rush......with your blitz commander having cloaked storms destroy brit t3, and stuH to spam arty at dat brit blob) :foreveralone: I have also played PE vs a mixed wall of AT guns/snipers with mixed allies, pls, everyone played that, and in fact knew how to beat it if you were smart(i.e. teammate spammed stukas with Tigers and Blitz commander or went to King Tiger, while you went either hummels to destroy all dat equipment or got your super ober vetted PG blobs to flank and wipe at-guns/snipers easily.......) So pls, tell me more about how I've never played vs this stuff. Scrub. :foreveralone:

3. Hahahahaha, pls. Flamer halftrack was useful when rushing brit trucks to kill their inf well. Bulldozer helped in clearing mines/tank traps/emplacements to give your armor/inf an easier time. Vamp gave you the most powerful thing ever as PE(sneaky goalith to wipe rifle/brit blobs/snipers) as well as you getting some free resources from your enemy(people use vamp in 2v2 and 1v1 if they're smart) :foreveralone: Muni halftrack gave P.E. the ability to lay useful cheap mines all over the map crippling allied armor/inf when most USF/Brit players don't expect such mines from P.E. AA Quad gave you a nice cheap vehicle to suppress axis inf and allow you to reinforce your riflemen from. Officer was nice in allowing you to get axis armor out on the field quickly with the 2X faster build rate on any building of your choosing. Hotchkiss was awesome in the fact that you could get a cheaper non-doctrinal arty unit that could be upgraded to easily penetrate allied armor(multiple hotchkisses could counter a pershing[Thanks to Plexy's troll idea which proved this]). So about that "uselessness". Pshh, sounds like you never played VCoH as much as a regular guy should. Got anything else? No? Okay here's some useless/sorta useless stuff in CoH2: "Irregulars, Pr0struppen spam, Su-76, and tons of doctrines that make no sense/are pretty ineffective, leik NKVD."

DonnieChan so Pr0 \:foreveralone:/
15 May 2015, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 00:30 AMVonIvan

Hotchkiss was awesome in the fact that you could get a cheaper non-doctrinal arty unit that could be upgraded to easily penetrate allied armor(multiple hotchkisses could counter a pershing[Thanks to Plexy's troll idea which proved this]).

It wasn't lexy's idea, it was my idea. :foreveralone:
15 May 2015, 05:09 AM

I just faced something new. Did a 4v4 on steppes. One USF player had 50 cal. jeeps, 2 of them in the first 2 minutes of the game. Togheter with two russian trucks they pushed us off entirely within the frist 5 minutes.

Ehm how is this balanced? Relic and their 0cp abilities are just so stupid, I can't believe anyone can actually approve such appalling ideas. The same situation back when the mechanised tiger doctrine came out with the grenadiers with mp40s. They came at 0cp and raped anything. These jeeps do the damn same, riflesquads in them as well...

By any chance, did your team start on the north side, one of your team put a med truck just north of the island, behind the trees but still close to the water, another put a truck by the buildings on the north side, two axis players get voted off the island, followed by the stuff in the mid and finally top, and one of your team complain about someone either being afk or not helping? What you described sounds a lot like a game that some friends and I played, just from a different perspective.
15 May 2015, 07:35 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 05:09 AMGrumpy

By any chance, did your team start on the north side, one of your team put a med truck just north of the island, behind the trees but still close to the water, another put a truck by the buildings on the north side, two axis players get voted off the island, followed by the stuff in the mid and finally top, and one of your team complain about someone either being afk or not helping? What you described sounds a lot like a game that some friends and I played, just from a different perspective.

Yes indeed, I played on the north side, had to help on the island when one dude remained afk. The one with the med truck got all of his stuff killed by a rifle swarm haha. Then he decided it was time to defend our base sector, and I tried to take the island, failed and returned baack up north for the final struggle.

You should have seen the teamchat, they were screaming that the trucks were op and they could do nothing against it, leaving me to believe they were overrun by huge forces, 2 50 cal trucks with rifles in them and 2 m3a1 (i think the name is) halftrucks plus some snipers here and there. I have rewatched it, my supporting mg, sent in good faith was not even protected by them..

Just before I dropped, I killed the pesky snipers with a rifle nade, small victory
15 May 2015, 13:33 PM

Yes indeed, I played on the north side, had to help on the island when one dude remained afk. The one with the med truck got all of his stuff killed by a rifle swarm haha. Then he decided it was time to defend our base sector, and I tried to take the island, failed and returned baack up north for the final struggle.

You should have seen the teamchat, they were screaming that the trucks were op and they could do nothing against it, leaving me to believe they were overrun by huge forces, 2 50 cal trucks with rifles in them and 2 m3a1 (i think the name is) halftrucks plus some snipers here and there. I have rewatched it, my supporting mg, sent in good faith was not even protected by them..

Just before I dropped, I killed the pesky snipers with a rifle nade, small victory

Before last night, I probably would've responded with some snarky comments about your teammates, especially the ones that should have been on the island, but I played two random 4v4's last night as OKW and had horrible teammates, including one AFK. In both cases, the game got more competitive after players dropped and the computer took over. Maybe try sending friend requests to decent axis players after your games and see if you can get a group of four decent players. And by the way, IIRC, those were my snipers :(
15 May 2015, 15:35 PM

LOL this thread ...

15 May 2015, 16:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So people complain about balance issues taking into consideration a random 4v4 game with AFK people...

Time to bail out.
15 May 2015, 17:12 PM

This board so full of retards and trolls, it's unbelievable.

The original topic here is spam as game design element, including all factions in the 1st post. Yet the usual trolls find a way to undermine it with their bais and not called for theories of "... blabla Sovs OP" and "...u madz, AXIS super OP blabla".

Why you ignorant tards think that everyone here is interessted in your fucked up opinion on general Allies/Axis balance and how OP everything is when something really particluar is discussed.

Almost impossible to start a completely legit discussion about a game design implemnetation.

Instead you stupid punks bore everyone here with your mindless bullshit that's blobbering out of your heads, while having no reason and no manner at all.

Some of you assheads really should only be able to post once a day for the sake of everyone else here.

Thanks for ruining every good discussion in this forum...

regards
ace

I agree. You can be nice about it however...

anyway since the dawn of rts spam has been a problem. I'm not sure how to make it go away. I guess you would need extremely specialized units or something, but that would also get boring.
15 May 2015, 17:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

repetitiveness and spam, the true disease of this Forum

when i saw this thread this is what i thought it said :P (just saying ;) ) :ot:
15 May 2015, 22:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol 4v4 only trolls. Please leave.
15 May 2015, 23:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 13:33 PMGrumpy

Before last night, I probably would've responded with some snarky comments about your teammates, especially the ones that should have been on the island, but I played two random 4v4's last night as OKW and had horrible teammates, including one AFK. In both cases, the game got more competitive after players dropped and the computer took over. Maybe try sending friend requests to decent axis players after your games and see if you can get a group of four decent players. And by the way, IIRC, those were my snipers :(

Oh but this thread is not about these situations. I would invite some friends, but they want to play soviet cheese :(

Made this thread regarding the ugly spams in 1v1s and 2v2s mainly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L