Login

russian armor

State of 1v1 Automatch

13 May 2015, 22:33 PM

I've been away from the game for awhile, but I do like this game. That said 1v1 auto is in a bad state.

I'm an average player (1500 w Wehr) and having to play top guys or noobs over and over again is not good. For example, I tried to play several games today and the guys I played against are: 5, 15, total noob, 200, 32, 51, total noob. That's not fun for anyone. If you think it is or that it is educational your wrong. It just isn't. More successful games have tiering because of this.

Solution: narrow the window on opponents. If I am ranked 1500 with Wehr match me against 2000 to 1000 guys. Yes that will increase the wait time on games perhaps substantially (minimal player base), but better that than the current nonsense.

FYI - used CELO to get the rankings. That is a whole other story. :/

This game has a lot of potential, but is in dire need of fixing the fundamentals. See above.

13 May 2015, 23:42 PM

I've been away from the game for awhile, but I do like this game. That said 1v1 auto is in a bad state.

I'm an average player (1500 w Wehr) and having to play top guys or noobs over and over again is not good. For example, I tried to play several games today and the guys I played against are: 5, 15, total noob, 200, 32, 51, total noob. That's not fun for anyone. If you think it is or that it is educational your wrong. It just isn't. More successful games have tiering because of this.

Solution: narrow the window on opponents. If I am ranked 1500 with Wehr match me against 2000 to 1000 guys. Yes that will increase the wait time on games perhaps substantially (minimal player base), but better that than the current nonsense.

This game has a lot of potential, but is in dire need of fixing the fundamentals. See above.

To be honest if they did this you could be sat hours waiting for a game.

The reason you get matched vs good players is because theyve been sat waiting longer trying to find someone their level, and it works down.
14 May 2015, 00:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you really like jellydonuts dont you?

On topic,maybe you just got unlucky,BUT,You're also not average,you're very experienced and decently ranked,give yourself some credit.

You have a couple thousand games played,which trumps most top 1000's,and rivals most top 100s,so you get matched with them...which to me makes plenty of sense.

Why should you get matched with a rank 1,200 soviet that has 140 games when you have 800 games as ostheer at rank 1,500? thats seems like an obvious mismatch to me.
14 May 2015, 00:28 AM

Permanently Banned
u got unlucky
14 May 2015, 00:40 AM

yep, unlucky.

I have never faced that many top tier players continuously.

i usually get one or two a day, but majority ( 75% ) of the time i am matched relatively close.
14 May 2015, 01:21 AM

Ye, a bit unlucky, but I've had similar more than once. I've played guys who were rank 10 000 plus and top 10s, after one another...
14 May 2015, 01:25 AM

I'd agree with all of the above replies. The time of day really is a huge factor, as is just pure luck. I regularly have to play top 10 or top 25 players with my weaker factions and players in the 2000s+ with my stronger factions. Restricting the range of opponents would only make long automatch queues even longer...
14 May 2015, 14:07 PM

If your around 1500 and up, you can at least give top 100 players a game, yeah it will probably be a slow decline to ultimate failure. But you can have a lot of fun testing your metal against players much better than you, even just seeing how long you can last. Or go yolo and do some crazy strat, just to see if you can surpise them a little.

Playing noobs sucks, for the noobs, but they are probably playing placement games, and have to face someone...
14 May 2015, 14:21 PM

Playerbase is too small.. The multiplayer part needs to be free to play in my opinion. Rarely you have balanced match ups, especially in team games.
14 May 2015, 14:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Playerbase is too small.. The multiplayer part needs to be free to play

agreed
14 May 2015, 14:25 PM
14 May 2015, 14:44 PM

Playerbase is too small.. The multiplayer part needs to be free to play in my opinion.

The small player base has nothing to do with the free-to-play feature. Starcraft 2 is not free to play and has a huge player base - they need to be devided in leagues. The reason for which COH has so small playerbase is
1. the difficulty of the game and the months / years you need to practice to understand it properly and be realy good at.
2. the balance problems. Instead testing enough before release they test it on the player base and make constant adjustments. This streches players' nerves to maximum. It's much more complex and harder to balance than SC2 though.
3. people who like glowing lasers starships and drooling monsters are more than those who loves shermans and panthers.
4. coh2 has no proper ranking / elo system. At least COH1 had it.
5. one of the worst optimized games. You need to have a supercomputer to run it and you could still have some lagg, conection, driver, etc etc etc.... problems.
6. it's not cheat proof. By the way, if it will become free to play, many good serious players will abandon the game because of cheaters' invasion. This kind of people will use cheats just to shine a few months then they will live the game to cheat in Counter strike or another shooter or NFS game.
7. bugs and excessive RNG are killing the game.

All these are making COH2 what it is, a game ignored by many, but truly loved by few fans.
I think that Relic will start to solve this points one-by-one (except 3 of course), the player base will constantly increase.
14 May 2015, 15:34 PM

For me - I would rather wait 10 minutes and get a good competitive game then be matched up against someone who is not competitive or someone I could never hope to compete against because a lack of micro skills on my part. I suspect that others who play 1v1 auto seriously would ultimately prefer that as well, but yes the player base is a problem. That said - an auto match system that has these issues is in no way going to encourage growth of the player base.
14 May 2015, 15:46 PM
Donator 11

Playerbase is too small.. The multiplayer part needs to be free to play in my opinion. Rarely you have balanced match ups, especially in team games.

and we have to pay 10 euro for a premium commander/skin?
I guess after the alpha/ release of the new faction the playerbase will rise again...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
United States 20
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak