Login

russian armor

What good is the tiger tank?

PAGES (14)down
8 Jun 2015, 21:49 PM

Oh look, it's the clown from the alpha forum. Can't contribute anything to the discussion, but axis are always op and balance will be only achieved when allies have 100 % win rate.

I have to say the IS2 is better than the Tiger, because the IS2 has a higher field presence, more shots deflect, it can stay longer in combat, it needs more resources to counter and when it hits infantry, it hits them usually hard, thanks to 4 men squads.

I don't say nerf the IS2, I rather think adjust the Tiger so it's on par with the IS2, by the impact it has on the game.
Or make it cheaper, if that is out of question.

ur insane

u want to make the difference between medium and heavy tanks even bigger
8 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Oh look, it's the clown from the alpha forum. Can't contribute anything to the discussion, but axis are always op and balance will be only achieved when allies have 100 % win rate.

I have to say the IS2 is better than the Tiger, because the IS2 has a higher field presence, more shots deflect, it can stay longer in combat, it needs more resources to counter and when it hits infantry, it hits them usually hard, thanks to 4 men squads.

I don't say nerf the IS2, I rather think adjust the Tiger so it's on par with the IS2, by the impact it has on the game.

I'd rather see the IS-2 dropped to Tiger levels which makes heavies more vulnerable. Either an armour reduction, both front and rear, or make it slower. For some reason it's faster than a stock Tiger while having significantly more armour.
8 Jun 2015, 22:15 PM

I'd rather see the IS-2 dropped to Tiger levels which makes heavies more vulnerable. Either an armour reduction, both front and rear, or make it slower. For some reason it's faster than a stock Tiger while having significantly more armour.

I concur with that. The Tiger is fine vs US and would be fine against Sovs if its impact was not so effectively diminished by 85s and IS-2s, while the latter is just too strong across the board.
8 Jun 2015, 22:23 PM

I find teching to T4 to be a much better choice.

Tiger is for losers who believe calling in would win the game even when only 10 VPS left, only to get rekt by multiple jacksons/t3485s and pewpewd by p47s.
8 Jun 2015, 23:13 PM

So many heavy tank heroes. Only capable of judging one heavy against another. While the game suffers under their dominance.

Can't wait til they all get what they deserve. IS-2 and Tiger alike.
9 Jun 2015, 00:03 AM

The Tiger Tank is good, vs inf blobs. Vs At-guns and Jacksons/IS-2s/85s with Marked Target you're gonna be in for a fun ride :foreveralone:
9 Jun 2015, 00:18 AM

omg burk its you
9 Jun 2015, 02:16 AM

Tiger dies sooo fast. Just doesnt deflect shots the way the IS2 does.
Plus its slower which means ALOT for a heavy tank. IS2 rarely gets flanked because its so fast while the tiger just gets run down. IS2+incendary will kill tiger and pak support and T34/85s + Mark target + 120mm also kills Tiger and paks. Jackson can just Kite the think to death. Tiger is only decent in defense IMO.
9 Jun 2015, 04:46 AM

Tiger dies sooo fast. Just doesnt deflect shots the way the IS2 does.
Plus its slower which means ALOT for a heavy tank. IS2 rarely gets flanked because its so fast while the tiger just gets run down. IS2+incendary will kill tiger and pak support and T34/85s + Mark target + 120mm also kills Tiger and paks. Jackson can just Kite the think to death. Tiger is only decent in defense IMO.

Just smoke/blitz, and support your tiger. Every scenario you should here should kill your tiger (if you engage/ or stay to fight it), because it is way more resources then just one tiger. The way i see if anything you loses a heavy tank, be it a Kt, tiger, or a is-2 is because you messed up. All heavy have way to much health from them to be just killed, unless you put them in the situation.
9 Jun 2015, 05:30 AM

So many heavy tank heroes. Only capable of judging one heavy against another. While the game suffers under their dominance.

Can't wait til they all get what they deserve. IS-2 and Tiger alike.

^
9 Jun 2015, 06:03 AM

Just smoke/blitz, and support your tiger. Every scenario you should here should kill your tiger (if you engage/ or stay to fight it), because it is way more resources then just one tiger. The way i see if anything you loses a heavy tank, be it a Kt, tiger, or a is-2 is because you messed up. All heavy have way to much health from them to be just killed, unless you put them in the situation.

Couple things wrong with what you are saying here.
1. You don;t always have 60 munitions floating in the bank nor do you always have smoke either.
2. You said they only die if they are in the right situation for it. You are talking about a tiger that is over extended. Sometimes that isnt the case. Sometimes its the enemy who is frustrated with your defensive playing tiger and want it dead. So they decide to katusha your pak guns and rush their armor at your slow tiger. It not your fault for losing the tiger. Its them playing as allies correctly. For close to the same price, you can get 2 T34/85s (one step down from panthers but with AI power) with mark target.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the IS2 can get away with alot more dangerous moves than the tiger because it bounces more shots and more importantly, it can get away from sticky situations without needing smoke and blitz. Of all the heavy tanks, the tiger is the hardest to keep alive. Even KV1 can get away more easily than a tiger and has only 30 less armor.
9 Jun 2015, 06:44 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Multiple posts invised for breaking the NDA!
9 Jun 2015, 06:45 AM

Multiple posts invised for breaking the NDA!

+ 1

Guys... We know it's annoying but please just wait those few weeks :wave:

9 Jun 2015, 06:49 AM

Good to make those posts invisible, but perhaps good idea to read how it's actually pronounced. If it's NDA breaching or not. AchtAchter bad boy bad boy! Kappa
9 Jun 2015, 07:33 AM

How about a guy who did not join the alpha and say something about the new patch?
9 Jun 2015, 07:51 AM

ATM I play with 3 +10% veterancy as Ost and I have to say it is pretty nice as you get a vetted Tiger very very fast.

It's simply a very big Panzer IV and no walking bunker. IMO buffing the Tiger is not the way to go but either nerf the IS-2 armor a bit or prevent PaK one shots.

I might be wrong but CoH1 never had these Pak wipes, maybe because of the damage tables.
9 Jun 2015, 08:18 AM

ATM I play with 3 +10% veterancy as Ost and I have to say it is pretty nice as you get a vetted Tiger very very fast.

It's simply a very big Panzer IV and no walking bunker. IMO buffing the Tiger is not the way to go but either nerf the IS-2 armor a bit or prevent PaK one shots.

I might be wrong but CoH1 never had these Pak wipes, maybe because of the damage tables.

Have to agree that 3x +10% veterancy is nice. In some sort of way I do think it would be great to have 3 infantry and 3 verhicle/tank bullitins that you could use. So you can buff a specific infantry and a specific tank unit.

When a Tiger gets vet 2 it becomes a beast, since it can take out tanks from further away
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak